Show Of Hands January 17th, 2013 12:00am

Do you think the 2nd Amendment (the right to bear arms) was intended primarily so citizens could defend themselves against other individuals, or against the government?

ziplock
01/25/13 10:23 pm

Sarcastic comment: I have lived all these years completely vulnerable and without a gun. I guess I better be glad my neighbor has one so he can protect the whole block from the Government. Too bad his son shot himself with that gun.

balugadofis FOR MINECRAFTIA
01/25/13 8:52 pm

You know, the right to carry the metal object (called a gun) that shoots the little metal balls (called bullets) with explosive powder (called gunpowder). Any of this ringing a bell in that empty space you have for a head?????

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 6:05 pm

Cali...The parents are yelling at you because you are trying to brainwash their children to believe in nonsense views that make no sense. I believe if your boss found out about what you post on here he would probably write you up and try and fire you. You have written false and inaccurate statements

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 6:01 pm

I'm sick sick sick of People like Xmatt..and Cali..super liberal views are the reason why our country is so F$&@ up. Appreciate what you have when it comes to work. The rich man did not automatically get rich, he worked for it, got an education, had a voice and used it. But stop blaming every 1 else

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 5:56 pm

Another thing is an educator is not a hard job, union pay, paid summers, home no later than 5 pm most days, paid holidays and paid vacation/sick days. What more handouts could you ask for. I can get called any moment to go anywhere in the world.72 hr notice guess what I suck it up and drive on.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 5:53 pm

I am trying to say is I sweat for my money, but I DON'T CRY because some successful man is rich who is already paying 50%+ in taxes and you are not. Well I'm sorry you did not have such of a successful life, get off your but and do something. Get into a business that will get you rich,stop crying

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 5:49 pm

That comment is directed to the union worker Xmatt..Be lucky to have a job in a union, their are so many people that have the same education as you who would love to have your job. Between you and Cali..It's sad how you look at things.Go to war and you will really appreciate what you have in the U.S

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/25/13 5:43 pm

Here we go with the I am a union worker, f&$@ union workers, I am 100% active duty, 3 tours at war, sweat and and tears from me and my Soldiers from the jobs we do. I here LESS complaints from Soldiers about their stressful job and leaving family for 12-15 months at a time, stop complaining.

countryboychanc
01/24/13 3:04 pm

And the government is trying to take it away.. go figure. By the way, all of you who don't want to carry a gun, you don't have to but don't try to take our rights away.

BlueSkies Mars
01/24/13 10:36 am

The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good – George Washington

ChazDean
01/24/13 12:12 am

Any threat, really.

rare_sense North Carolina
01/22/13 11:12 am

that's what you get for being "pretty sure" instead of educated. perhaps you should read the 2nd amendment in it's entirety and most importantly, recognize the usage of commas.

rare_sense North Carolina
01/21/13 11:57 pm

There is no way you two can be serious.

Ajack
01/21/13 8:36 pm

Can someone please explain what right(s) are being taken away?

01/21/13 8:11 pm

I certainly hope your union is a good union. Sometimes I wonder if our union is representing us or the administration

01/21/13 8:10 pm

For the small amount of pay that we at LAUSD Receive, it's almost not worth working

01/21/13 8:09 pm

Thank you X Matthews. Education is a very hard job. I can't tell you how many times I've had parents yelling at me because they don't feel their children are being properly taught. Between them and the paperwork it's almost an impossible job

01/21/13 8:07 pm

That's the problem with you right wingers. If someone has a different opinion of things than you do, you throw out insults. The children I teach are very well taught, believe me

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 8:07 pm

I am not an educator, but a union worker. I sweat for my money while the rich men you support sit back, drink gin, and laugh until their bank account fills up.

I support Cali as an educator because that is one of the hardest jobs out there. Minimal pay, hard hours, and kids. Influence is good!

tbone79 Arizona
01/21/13 8:04 pm

that's even more depressing that you are in a position to influence others. all the education in the world can't give you common sense. lucky for me I have been gifted with both. you unfortunately lack the common sense.

01/21/13 8:02 pm

By the way, you are a racist. There, are you happy?

01/21/13 8:01 pm

I can't speak for X Matthews but please don't feel sorry for me. I am educated and understand the issues very well. I am also an educator. I have a feeling I am much more educated than you.

tbone79 Arizona
01/21/13 7:56 pm

oh yeah, you forgot to call me a racist. go ahead and do it. it is what liberals like to call people who don't agree with them. we are all right wing racists right?

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 7:51 pm

I'm not sure why you are resorting to throwing insults. Typical hate-mongering right winger.

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 7:50 pm

Glad to see you back, Cowboy! You know how great our leader is, don't try to hide it!! :)

tbone79 Arizona
01/21/13 7:50 pm

let's face it. you can't rationalize with people who lack the mental capability to understand. it is quite depressing and I really feel sorry for calibama and xmathew.

tbone79 Arizona
01/21/13 7:40 pm

I keep checking on this discussion everyday. the liberal twits are quite amusing. clearly the thread has fallen under the control of morons, and is not worth following anymore. it has actually gotten sad. thanks for the laughs though.

cowboy Come on, man
01/21/13 7:30 pm

Thanks for the good laugh guys!

cowboy Come on, man
01/21/13 7:28 pm

Against a tyrannical government.

01/21/13 7:14 pm

Bush is a war criminal and the United Nations should press charges against him and Rumsfeld

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 7:13 pm

Our dear leader is a man of peace, as was dear President Clinton, as was President Carter (another wonderful man). Reagan was a cowboy, Bush was a conspirator, and Bush II was a warmonger and wannabe cowboy.

I've seen the targets and they're as bad as those video games.

01/21/13 7:12 pm

Pres. Obama has reached out to the Muslim nations. They see that he is a man of peace and are responding well. Look at the Arab Spring. It will only continue to improve. This all proves bush so wrong

01/21/13 7:08 pm

Wanna be macho people like bush and the gun nuts go around the world constantly starting wars. At least President Obama is a man of peace

01/21/13 7:07 pm

It seems like all they want to do is play army like kids do. I just don't understand why these people get off on pretend killing people. It really needs to be illegal. What do they teach their children? Kill, kill, kill. That's why we are always in wars.

01/21/13 7:02 pm

I've seen the targets they use. They are silhouettes of people. Tell me how that's not violence

01/21/13 6:59 pm

We have them on the run now

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 6:58 pm

Lots of gun freaks. I can't see how so many people want to shoot others.

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 6:57 pm

I have been trying to get my union comrades on here. Most of then don't have these newfangled phones.

01/21/13 6:57 pm

There's too many gun freaks here

01/21/13 6:54 pm

Friend, You need to talk to Your union friends and get more them on here. We need to begin to counterbalance all of these right wing nuts that stay here all day long.

01/21/13 6:53 pm

The strange thing is these right wing nuts don't see how great he is. I am hoping that over the next couple of years they will see his greatness

01/21/13 6:51 pm

I hope you are correct. I can't imagine losing such a great leader

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 6:50 pm

Cali, my guys at the union hall have told me that their connections say that there is internal workings to work around that law. They are working feverishly to make it happen. They indicated we will know more just after the '14 midterms.

01/21/13 6:45 pm

My only fear Xmathews is that in four years we haven't found a way to keep him for a third term

01/21/13 6:42 pm

I completely agree with you. It was one of the most wonderful things I've ever watched. We are so fortunate to have him.

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 6:38 pm

I just wanted to say how significant this day was today. Only once in a lifetime does a great and powerful leader rise to the greatness that this wonderful man has done. Our dear President is the friendliest, smartest, most caring, and loving President we have ever seen. We are so lucky.

XMatthewsRulz
01/21/13 6:35 pm

I hate to tell you, but posse comatasis was removed under Bush II.

mizzouRAH Missouri
01/21/13 7:38 am

it says in our constitution that if government does not provide our natural-born rights, we have the right to abolish the current, and establish a new government. how are we supposed I be able to do that without the right to bear arms?

honest
01/21/13 7:16 am

And not "everyone" does. It's called "choice". But not for long.