Show Of Hands January 16th, 2013 12:00am

The NRA launched a TV ad calling President Obama 'an elitist hypocrite' for being critical of putting armed guards in public schools while his daughters' school has them. Over the line?

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/24/13 7:33 pm

Calibama, how's the view from down on your knees? What a dope.

hanjablue
01/23/13 4:56 pm

HE IS THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD! Of course his daughters are more important than ours. Have some respect.

PW
01/23/13 3:45 pm

It is ridiculous to think that gun control would solve any problem related to gun violence. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Guns just happen to be a convenient method for these lunatics.

sarah1911 Poolesville MD
01/22/13 10:12 am

Obama is not the hypocrite. What's hypocritical is only protecting the richest and the poorest (inner city) schools. I heard about drugs and guns being discovered at my old high school and it's very middle class. These days weapons and drugs are everywhere it seems. :(

bohunk
01/21/13 10:41 pm

Being called a hypocrite, is not inflammatory, incompetent, lacking in honesty, racist, those are just a few that are used about him. He should be happy to hear a mild term such as hypocrite, he probably hears worse from his wife.

Think Lovin Life
01/21/13 11:42 am

He might have studied law at Harvard, but he must have voted present for the ethics classes. MrO has been a disappointment from the start. He promised to unite, then instead of inviting the minority party to dinner, he purposely called them names and locked them out of the discussions.

honest
01/21/13 7:32 am

His wife called Americans obnoxious people when they first took office. That wasn't over the line? Freedom of speech is not just for the the Barack family.

PKB California
01/21/13 4:16 am

Don't forget, he's a Harvard, constitutional law professor.

...and what is it you do?

Afterword, I'll decide who I should trust to make these types of difficult decisions.

dcool Detroit
01/21/13 12:22 am

I wish lying to the public was outlawed. But then we wouldn't have any media...

billinca California
01/20/13 8:25 pm

You are correct calbama it's beautiful and thanks to the Democratically control of this beauty 850 billion in unfunded pension liabilities your surrender now would be most fitting, and yes send all your money to Sacramento before you surrender....... :)

billinca California
01/20/13 8:20 pm

Not as extreme as your overtly massaging of the " only a man " president of the United States of America, your surrender now would be most fitting....

calibama
01/20/13 7:46 pm

Obviously the right wing fascists are alive and well, even in the beautiful state of California

calibama
01/20/13 7:43 pm

Surrender to what authorities? The NRA? Why? Because I have a different opinion then you do? Sorry you don't agree with me but don't you think surrendering to the "authorities" is slightly extreme?

cinco
01/20/13 7:22 pm

Way over the line

billinca California
01/20/13 3:07 pm

Calibama I'm here in California you need to surrender to the authorities

susanr Colorado
01/20/13 2:34 pm

WHAT truth? I like Obama. A LOT. I just find your statements way too fawning to be real. Or are you indeed a troll, & you really think it's pinky's "truth" I should accept? Ain't gonna happen.

calibama
01/20/13 2:25 pm

Susan, sometimes the truth is hard to accept

aph514
01/20/13 2:19 pm

I love susan.

zendoll1
01/20/13 1:57 pm

His job requires security based on the laws of the land! His family is included in the security. Why after all these years is the security of the first family being challenged??

susanr Colorado
01/20/13 1:51 pm

I can't decide which of the two of you nauseate me the most.

calibama
01/20/13 11:14 am

You should feel fortunate to be alive in the time of the greatest president this country has ever seen. He is bringing about a new America that will be fair and equal to all

calibama
01/20/13 11:12 am

He is a man of the people. He cares and loves each and everyone of us and is trying to do the best and for all of us. I don't understand why people like you fight him a hypocrite

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 10:51 am

Obama signed the extension that grants him SS protection past the 10 years that he had when he was elected. Clearly, he understands that armed protection works. Why is it good enough for him, but not for me? Jackass.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 10:48 am

Not really. The guy is an elitist hypocrite. Look at how much taxpayer money we're spending on his inauguration, then compare it to Calvin Coolidge's swearing in. The man clearly thinks his shit don't stink.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 10:46 am

The best security is armed civilians everywhere at all times.

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 10:45 am

He is an elitist hypocrite. And a liar. Did anyone see his swearing in? He swore to protect and uphold the Constitution? Bullshit.

fotograff sin city
01/20/13 9:42 am

HE SUPPORTS ANY SHCOOL THAT WANTS SECURITY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!!!! People, this should kill the question of " why his kids are more important them ours"

fotograff sin city
01/20/13 9:39 am

Morganbaby: let's stop this question many people are asking, instead how about "why do YOU think your child are NOT as important as his?" Send ur kids to a school with security if your want. The school he chose had security all ready in place, security was not his placement.

morganbaby
01/20/13 9:01 am

Why are his children more important than mine or anyone else's?

justin71
01/19/13 8:26 pm

I don't believe it's hypocritical I mean he is the president after all

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/19/13 6:39 pm

NRA must not be that bad they get thousands of new members everyday. Good for them, I might join myself. I do contribute to them annually, why because I believe in our Constitution and this is one Amendment that people want gone. So p$&@ off if you don't like it. I don't have an alarm I have a Colt.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/19/13 6:35 pm

It shows how much these libs really are for their own children, you should be jailed for neglect. Insane... This is what our country has gone to.

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/19/13 6:33 pm

Wow the people that think Obamas kids are better than other kids, well if you think the NRA was over the line, try telling YOUR children that the presidents kids are more important than them. Tell you child when they are old enough, I hope your son/daughter slaps you when they get older.

argenyle
01/19/13 1:32 pm

Over the line? No. Completely absurd and infantile? Yes.

thatguy81 here
01/19/13 11:15 am

They are NOT required by law to protect the First Family. Learn your USCs before you spew misinformation

thatguy81 here
01/19/13 11:14 am

It would be as disruptive and Kennedy's assassination. Within a few hours, the executive branch will start moving again. Don't forget we have 2 other branches of government and countless agencies. Just because there is a pause in one doesn't meant the government machine stops rolling

thatguy81 here
01/19/13 11:12 am

Incorrect. He could remove himself or with a majority vote of his cabinet or a majority vote of congress.

Don't assume where I get my info from. As a Soldier I swore to uphold the constitution and know it quite well, inside and out and frequently re-read it

sager Maryland
01/19/13 11:10 am

So you are going to fight the government? Good luck in your endeavor.

sager Maryland
01/19/13 11:06 am

No responses. Interesting. Haha.

sager Maryland
01/19/13 11:04 am

However, that was a random act of violence which is unlikely. High risk targets are attacked by people with a plan.

realpolitik
01/19/13 11:00 am

Armynco you're an idiot. Read the 25th amendment and stop getting your "facts" from tv. The president does not get "removed automatically", he'd have to remove himself.

jmatsby
01/19/13 10:58 am

He could 'refuse' SS protection, but it would only be symbolic as they would protect him and his family anyway as they are required by law. The larger point is Obama agrees with providing schools with armed guards if they want them. Thanks for your input NRA, see, the president listens! :)

thatguy81 here
01/19/13 10:45 am

Yet again, Obama can refuse SS protection for his family at any time

fotograff sin city
01/19/13 10:23 am

Yes, over the line! 1. Fact, he did not place the security at his kids school, That was the schools option. Which he will assist any school that wants this. 2.presidents have had security for their families since 1901, if you judge one, judge them all.
NRA, stop stretch truth for a scare tactic.

Casi999
01/19/13 9:47 am

All kids should get protection. We're no less important just because we're not related to the president.

meeksb11
01/19/13 9:45 am

& you automatically assume I'm white

meeksb11
01/19/13 9:44 am

savors strongly of bitterness & what you're accusing "us" of doing, stereotyping on race, you're doing yourself by saying we all say this & that. You're accusing me of something & seeking a punishment for a crime I haven't committed