Show Of Hands January 15th, 2013 12:00am

Are you planning on watching the Presidential Inauguration ceremony live?

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 9:28 am

No, but I doubt I'll be able to escape it. Pompous ass getting crowned again? What's not to like?

donna0987 Indiana
01/20/13 7:34 am

Very sad time for our country.

wiz74
01/19/13 9:22 pm

I would watch it live, but I'll be at work. I'm recording it.

EarlyBird Portland
01/19/13 7:26 pm

The under 21s have impressed me lately!
They will watch the inauguration and they watch the stock market!

imarepublican
01/18/13 11:14 pm

Michelle has bigger muscles than Barack haha wimp

Onamor
01/18/13 8:52 pm

Nah. I didn't vote for him, and don't wanna see Michelle gloat.

3dayfurn
01/17/13 8:13 pm

Naw. I work. Don't have time to watch others party. Instead of getting friends and family back to work

TideGal CFL
01/17/13 5:41 pm

I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a stick. No thank you.

susanr Colorado
01/17/13 5:14 pm

As I said, I was HOPING you'd specify something else. You have done that. Thank you. I hope you understand that the only reason this was an issue is because people HAVE used the other animal mentioned - many many times, so that it's essentially become a stereotype, and not one of "liberal" origin.

EvoMike California
01/17/13 5:07 pm

I was talking about a jackass, I just wanted to see where your limited liberal minds would go with it. Turns out right where I thought they would. You guys are so simple.

MsMandi
01/17/13 4:49 pm

!!!!Nope!!!! When he received 140% of the vote in my home state (there IS no 140% of the vote!) no, not going to take his swearing in seriously..and Im SURE not going to take his oath to protect & defend the Constitution seriously!

TacticalBacon Funky Town
01/17/13 3:01 pm

I think it's a little strange to denounce the US cause your candidate didn't win...

TiltonAllStarz Outside Ur Comfort Zone
01/17/13 11:21 am

I'd rather jump "spread eagle", onto a railing.

belabour
01/17/13 10:55 am

Fuck no couldn't care less about the dictator in the White House

acctdele
01/17/13 8:51 am

Tax payers pay for all the security and the road closures. Why do we need this? We've now had 2 months of the president crowing about his victory and still not doing anything about jobs, jobs, jobs (unless of course they are government and/or union). Skip it all and get to work!

tdaddy diversity
01/17/13 5:17 am

All I care about is my candidate won, I'm not into unnecessary pomp and flag waving and swearing on ancient texts written by nomadic desert wanderers.

ravensfreak95
01/16/13 9:37 pm

Spoiler alert. Obama is chosen to be the next president.

meeksb11
01/16/13 9:11 pm

I said no but I actually am considering it now. Don't get me wrong, it sickens me. But sometimes I think its important to know the bs you're up against

HiddenSoul
01/16/13 8:44 pm

I am a vet who would have died for America and it's way of life. We were a Republic, now we're becoming A Socialist nation. America is dying, sorry, he is not my Commander in Chief. I no longer carry the passion and love as I use to. The disappointment is to great... I will not watch.

kube
01/16/13 8:06 pm

It really is a waste of money. Thousands of people are threatened with job furloughs and BO spend, spend, spends. How about a quaint ceremony in the Oval Office. Be done with it.

chile safer than congress
01/16/13 6:47 pm

Regardless of what a person thinks about this president or prior, the concept of a huge ceremony for a 2nd-term president seems like an incredible expense with no discernible return on investment.
In tough times, it's hard to comprehend the need for such an event.

melanieswats
01/16/13 6:02 pm

No I'm not going to waste my time watching that. Obama being reelected is going to be the end of this economy. The economy is going to go down. It isn't the matter of IF it will. It is the matter of WHEN.

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 5:45 pm

Thank you, cheesechilli. Yeah, out of all the disgusting name calling that goes on around here, the implied meaning of this makes me the saddest. And angriest. (And I'd say that & mean it, no matter whom the target was.)

Hawkn Texas
01/16/13 5:44 pm

I might miss it.
So don't give away the ending!

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 5:43 pm

Absolutely, RJ, & I realized that was your point. I was just pointing out that even in the face of a completely obstructive Congress the will of the people could still prevail (on any matter that could be crammed into the Constitution). *Theoretically.* Can't imagine it happening, though.

RJ1969 SoCal
01/16/13 5:32 pm

susan, yes, that is true. But the point is that the POTUS cannot do it, as many have suggested and that the fringe media outlets continue to insinuate.

chile safer than congress
01/16/13 5:29 pm

Sad we still have racism in the 21st century.

He is still human and deserves decency, and not the garbage posted on many of these threads.

chile safer than congress
01/16/13 5:26 pm

Harsh words from people. I didn't vote for him, but please have some respect for the office. He is still the commander and chief.

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 5:01 pm

I'd like to point out that if the Constitution couldn't be, and hadn't been, amended we wouldn't have the 2nd Amendment at all.

colematts Buffalo, New York
01/16/13 5:00 pm

@whoami, sorry it's in the username customization category

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 4:58 pm

That's the limb I'm on too, superdave, but it's one that disgusts me (and the 3 people "liking" it aren't helping), so I was hoping he'd say... oh, I don't know... dolphins, maybe.

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 4:55 pm

I have been, Evo, and I'm not happy about where it's taking me.

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 4:54 pm

RJ, it CAN be done without Congress. An amendment can be proposed by a convention of the legislatures of 2/3+ of the states. (It still has to be ratified by 3/4 of the states.) This option has never been used, but it's available. (And that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future, either.)

superdave
01/16/13 4:47 pm

Panties remain in a wad..... When Bush pushed patriot act they wadded up when they attempt to steal anyone's rights, I get that way!

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 4:45 pm

And the last poll on the presidency rating is of no help to your argument. The polls leading up to and immediately before the election had Romney winning by a landslide. The SOH population is clearly not a representative sample of US voters.

superdave
01/16/13 4:44 pm

The major news networks, unfortunate but true, are biased in one way or the other...... I don't care if there is an R or a D behind their name the news should seek truth and speak truth it is or was their job.

susanr Colorado
01/16/13 4:42 pm

Because, nightcrow, your premise "if everyone dislikes this fool" is false. Duh. Some voted for him because they actually do like him; some because they don't much care for him but they thought the other guy was way worse.

superdave
01/16/13 4:41 pm

FYI RJ.... Can't speak for others.... I don't watch Fox News.....

RJ1969 SoCal
01/16/13 4:39 pm

The Feinstein bill is DOA. Don't get your panties in a wad. It's no different than the 30th attempt to overturn the ACA.

GrandmaALiCE
01/16/13 4:37 pm

Colematts, I looked for this agreement in my profile. I even temporarily turned commenting off and then on again. No user agreement popped up. Maybe, this is something that Tony used to have and removed?? I agree that it would be a good idea.

RJ1969 SoCal
01/16/13 4:36 pm

Wow. It's amazing! The "he's better than everyone else/elitist" talk here corresponds EXACTLY to the talking points on talk radio and faux news. Absolutely amazing, the coincidence.

superdave
01/16/13 4:36 pm

True and if you look back I agreed with u..... Obama can not.... He is throwing his weight behind such.... And has said he agrees with the wacko from your state who wants to tax and register "assault" weapons and confiscate upon death of owner....

aaf0724
01/16/13 4:32 pm

People think he is better than everyone else, he thinks he is better than everyone, ask RJ1969. You didn't know Obama is the answer to everything, he can move heaven and earth. You need to start watching MSNBC and CNN more.