Show Of Hands January 14th, 2013 12:00am

Would you sacrifice your life to save 5 random strangers?

Neilmi
01/21/13 12:48 am

Except you'd be dead

Tsasabuchi
01/20/13 10:37 pm

I will admit, this is kind of disheartening. If you have the opportunity to save others, morals and humanity would hopefully kick in, I don't see how one could live with themselves if they didn't. But that's just my own opinion, I respect everyone else's opinion on the matter.

dreamcatcher
01/20/13 9:01 pm

Yes, if I'd have a big reward afterwards!:D

pinkyusuck The Carribean. I wish.
01/20/13 9:11 am

Depending on the situation. Volunteering for execution? Probably not. Dying while trying to subdue a murderer, or while helping folks in an emergency? If it happens, it happens.

joiedevivre
01/20/13 8:32 am

I don't think I would be able to live with the guilt if I didn't.

Melan
01/20/13 2:02 am

Thanks for protecting us.

Melan
01/20/13 1:58 am

I'm fucking 15 and I would. Bunch of pansies.

jakenator26
01/19/13 9:54 pm

As a conservative, reading through these posts it feels like there are more liberals commenting on SOH. Funny how ones own preconceived notions can dictate perceptions.

jakenator26
01/19/13 9:51 pm

Finalboss, According to the bible Jesus gave his(sinless) life so that we(sinners) may have everlasting life. The ultimate sacrifice. And never again shall a man face the decision to sacrifice his own life to save another's. or at least that's what they told me in Sunday school when I was a kiddo.

cowboybuttsex
01/19/13 9:36 pm

Wtf people really wouldn't u want some stranger saving ur life???

cowboybuttsex
01/19/13 9:36 pm

Wtf people really wouldn't u want some stranger saving ur life???

cowboybuttsex
01/19/13 9:36 pm

Wtf people really wouldn't u want some stranger saving ur life???

showoffhands
01/19/13 6:39 pm

I don't understand why everyone thinks republicans are mean and selfish. Look at those heart warming numbers. Plus, we're only trying to help people be self sufficient instead of relying on the government. Remember, give a man a fish, eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he eats for a lifetime. (-:

showoffhands
01/19/13 5:30 pm

Uh, my net worth and contributions to society are worth 25-30 times the average person. Why would anyone ever trade me for 5 measly people.

Topgun California
01/19/13 3:12 pm

I remember a question saying what is more valuable, 20 redwood trees or a person, many democrats voted tree( about 60 percent. Comparing it to this pole democrats are saying 20 trees are more important than 5 people.....

Casi999
01/19/13 10:43 am

Depends. I have this weird sense to tell whether or not a person is a good person, and if I sensed something bad from them, then no. If they were good... Maybe.

anajjar32
01/18/13 12:15 am

I bet you would love to and I would do the same to you

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
01/17/13 4:26 am

Just to clear up one thing. God does not make new flus or illnesses. You think there's any of that in heaven? No. Satan creates those, God allows it simply because of freedom of choice due to the fall. I.e: smoking, pre-marital sex blah blah. And the gov is a puppet for Satan.

sutt
01/17/13 12:25 am

This is a hard one.

Ikillgiants California
01/17/13 12:12 am

Would they do the same for me? Probably not

vicky2011
01/16/13 11:59 pm

This is a difficult question. They should have like a neutral button.

NobodyKnows
01/16/13 9:08 pm

exactly what I was thinking when I voted :)

Cartervr
01/16/13 8:54 pm

What if they were children in a shooting?

atka1971 Elgin, IL
01/16/13 8:07 pm

Before I had a child I would have said yes but he needs me more than 5 strangers do.

14573 Scary Numbers
01/16/13 7:55 pm

What do you guys hope to accomplish with this? I can promise you no one is going to give up and say "you're right, I was wrong, I will now change my world views. You're not going to accomplish anything, so please find something else to do.

badattitude no place like home
01/16/13 7:43 pm

Aww. Poor little ugly ducklings

badattitude no place like home
01/16/13 7:41 pm

As a trained flight crew member, I am sworn to do everything in my power to save lives. But if the fire gets to hot, the smoke to thick or the water to deep, I must save myself.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
01/16/13 7:11 pm

I'm sorry- when I say evolution isn't true, I mean macroevolution(changing species-apes to humans, lizards to birds), not microevolution(changes within species, finches, moths). Micro is definitely true, whereas macro has an infinitesimal amount of decent evidence.

giftster
01/16/13 7:08 pm

It is one life to save five life's. what If those five were family or very close friends. What ever you do will always come back to you.

albyunderwater Yesterday
01/16/13 6:35 pm

You're right, that is knowledge. Use yours and stop presenting theories as fact. There are bunches of theories thrown in the scrap heap. Who's to say the Big Bang and evolution won't go into the same scrap heap.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/16/13 6:26 pm

Yes. That's called knowledge. If it wasn't for progress we'd still be the same barbarians that thought some deity created everything.

albyunderwater Yesterday
01/16/13 6:17 pm

The Big Bang is a theory. Like I stated previously, fact is not something that exists in the scientific community. Things always change, new evidence is found, theories change, are revised and sometimes disproved.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/16/13 5:21 pm

Oh. And it wasn't the earth that was created directly from the "Big Bang" it was the universe. And just because we haven't arrived at an explanation simple enough for deists to understand, doesn't mean it's not fact.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/16/13 5:18 pm

So evolution is barely a theory? Here's a simple example. Why do flu strains keep changing? Evolution or your loving and compassionate god keeps making new diseases to inflict upon mankind?

Gummibear
01/16/13 4:19 pm

Exactly my thought process.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
01/16/13 4:09 pm

...I have heard stories from people I trust about miracles, but you would probably discount them as simply stories of people who believe something, and deceive themselves into seeing things that are not true. Some want to prove evolution with missing links, so put bones together to make one.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
01/16/13 4:07 pm

Rand- evolution is not fact, it is barely scientific theory. The human body is proof that it never could have happened. If one bit of DNA is wrong, out of the exabytes needed to simply make an eye, the eye is diseased or blind.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/16/13 3:01 pm

Using "Jesus" to bolster a point is not the sign of a rational mind. Religion, by its very nature, is about conversion. If you don't believe me, just look at history.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
01/16/13 2:36 pm

Way of thinking then believing The Bible. You believe something a scientist that you have never met before says. Unless you can prove and research something yourself, then you're just as insane as we are.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
01/16/13 2:33 pm

You have no clue whether anything has been proven unless you have researched yourself. Otherwise, just like us "delusional insane" people, you believe something you have read. Scientist believe the earth formed from a small speck that exploded and made everything. How is that any less of an insane

albyunderwater Yesterday
01/16/13 2:29 pm

I think we may all have to agree to disagree with randfan. We can't say anything to change his/her mind. And he/she will just continue sticking negative labels on people conveniently hidden behind his/her smartphone.

Reneezii Exodus 20. 8 to 11
01/16/13 2:27 pm

Me with a group of people when you have no idea of my morals or values.