genuflect University of Minnesota
11/20/14 5:35 am

As an aspiring liberal, whenever I feel down I just think of the leftist titan Strom Thurmond. Let's ignore the fact that Strom Thurmond wasn't liberal, and that he personally embodies the party shift from Dixecrat to the modem Southern GOP.

genuflect University of Minnesota
11/20/14 5:41 am

As for the other image, men should have the ability to opt out of the responsibilities of raising a child.

Statek Im from the Internet
11/19/14 9:04 pm

Liberals were for blocking the 1964 civil rights act? Lol, that's hilarious
It was obviously the conservatives that wanted to change everything!

Rotavele Alabama
11/19/14 5:03 pm

Democrats filibustered the civil rights act in 1964 when Alabama and Mississippi were democratic states.

Did Alabama and Mississippi change their mind about racist in the 1970s?

#ConservativeLogic
(No, there isn't any)

Rotavele Alabama
11/19/14 5:04 pm

P.S. Nice job trying to blame your mistakes on us. Nice personal responsibility LOL

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/19/14 12:06 pm

Love the "Pro-Choice" dig. Couldn't even read the other one.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 3:51 pm

The other one says "republicans are such drama queens, filibustering over using US drones to kill US citizens on US soil without due process...at least when democrats filibuster it's about something serious, like blocking the 1964 civil rights act.

chickencookie It really is
11/19/14 11:31 am

The woman on the right. Is that something on my cell phone screen or something on her face? O_O

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 11:42 am

She's mutilated her face somehow.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/19/14 11:57 am

How could any guy want to impregnate that thing for "her" to even have to make that choice?

chickencookie It really is
11/19/14 12:01 pm

I can say something here but I won't but a lot of these women don't have the need for birth control. Good thing I'm busy today.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 12:04 pm

Feeling a little catty today, cookie?

chickencookie It really is
11/19/14 12:38 pm

Look at her face lol. No wonder she's mad.

cowboy Here and There
11/19/14 1:17 pm

She would be good for fishing. If you need a fish hook, she's got several in her face, and probably elsewhere in her body. One thing for sure, she doesn't have a decent job.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/19/14 2:25 pm

Would you really want to contaminate the fish like that?

cowboy Here and There
11/19/14 2:28 pm

Lol. You're right. That would be inhumane.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 11:38 am

Happy 1,000th!

eLucidate writing
11/19/14 11:06 am

The one on the right is funny. The one on the left only makes sense if you ignore history

sojourner present
11/19/14 1:41 pm

Exactly, because those are the dems who left and became republicans. I hate polls like these.

Rotavele Alabama
11/19/14 5:05 pm

Sojourner you're wrong. Alabama and Mississippi switched to become republican after the 60s because they stopped being racist immediately.

Learn some personal responsibility cuz republicans would never be mean to a black- oh.

swervin Maryland
11/19/14 10:56 am

I always found that pretty disgusting, it takes 2 people to make a baby, but only one to kill it. I don't know a solution to that though, so it will have to be that way for the time being.

11/19/14 10:56 am

Republicans again demonstrate lack of knowledge of political party shifts.

ScrewU Gone
11/19/14 12:42 pm

From the 1800s, not from the 1960s. Lol

11/19/14 1:02 pm

Yes. There were two or three party shifts. Read a history/political science book.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 1:12 pm

This is just an attempt by liberals to attach every negative thing from American history to republicans while whitewashing their own history.

Changing the party platform doesn't change the past.

11/19/14 1:16 pm

lol, okay gramps

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 10:55 am

Sorry about what? You can just vote for the other pic

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 10:56 am

Either way, the prochoicers have to contend with their double standard about a woman's freedom to kill her kids vs a man's freedom to kill his kids.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/19/14 11:06 am

This user is currently being ignored

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/19/14 11:06 am

This user is currently being ignored

11/19/14 10:48 am

Eh, I disagree with the one on the right. Whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, it's pretty despicable to call a father a "deadbeat" for not wanting to take care of his kid.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 10:53 am

It is?

11/19/14 10:56 am

What exactly would you call him then? You're so upset with the descriptor, even though it's pretty accurate, not wanting to take care of your own child is far more despicable.

11/19/14 11:23 am

MrM: Yes. It's an unfair stereotype - like calling every rich person "greedy," or every Asian a bad driver. It's impossible to know the exact situation of every absentee father in the world, so to call them all "deadbeats" is quite insensitive.

11/19/14 11:29 am

There is a specific situation that calls for the use of deadbeat. It's someone that knows their child exists and refuses to contribute financially to the child's life. It's not a stereotype, it's a description.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 11:29 am

Nope. That's backwards. In your examples, you're making an assumption about a behavior or attitude based on what a person is.
But with deadbeats, we're making an assumption about a person's character based on their behavior.
And that's just fine.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 11:30 am

The pic says doesn't want to, so it's not like he is absent out of some necessity.

The father is gone because he doesn't be there for the child--which makes him a deadbeat.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 11:34 am

It's like the difference between saying someone is a criminal because they're in jail, and saying they're a criminal because they habitually commit crimes.
One may not be true, the other is absolutely true.

11/19/14 11:34 am

You worry me Cole. Seriously. Ever since you said you don't have Any feeling of nostalgia, for Anything. There have been other comments as well but now you say it's despicable to call a father that doesn't want to take care of his child a deadbeat?

11/19/14 11:40 am

I think you've got yer wires crossed somewhere, man, and you should talk to someone about it while you're young. Figure out exactly why you feel the way you do about certain situations and why you feel nothing in others. I'm being serious here...

11/19/14 11:41 am

I'm not trying to sit here and call you names, but you sound more and more like a sociopath every time you open your mouth.

Tell me to go F myself, fine, but think on it.

11/19/14 11:44 am

MrM: Out of curiosity, would you consider a father who's at the poverty line and does have enough money to send a little extra to support his kids, but doesn't because he doesn't want to live in poverty, a deadbeat? How about a father who...

11/19/14 11:46 am

accidentally got a woman pregnant (let's assume wanted her to get an abortion/give the kid up for adoption but she refused) and who tries to avoid paying child support or supporting the child any other way a deadbeat?

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 11:47 am

The 1st instance is out of necessity....

11/19/14 11:50 am

Rob: Thanks for your concern, I guess, but I'm fine. My life is going very well so far and I haven't hit any major roadblocks yet, so I don't think I need to "talk to someone about it."

And no, I'm not upset that you think I'm a sociopath. Users..

11/19/14 11:52 am

have called me that on this app before, but I can promise you - I'm not a sociopath. In the most general sense of the word, sociopathy is characterized by a lack of empathy and guilt. While I likely have little of the former, I do feel guilt just...

11/19/14 11:52 am

as much as the average person.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 11:55 am

To be fair cole, in certain instances it does seem that you have certain characteristics of psychopathy

11/19/14 12:01 pm

There is no way for you to know if you feel like other people feel. You don't seem to have any empathy or guilt for this child that your figurative father wanted killed or given up, or empathy for the mother...

11/19/14 12:01 pm

The concerns seem to be for the father, and they are ill placed. Sometimes in life we need to do what's right, even if we don't want to do them. Having a lack of conscience (for not doing what's right) is right in the sociopath definition.

11/19/14 12:03 pm

To be fair psychopaths and sociopaths are very different. I don't think he's a psychopath, yet.

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/19/14 12:03 pm

Like that serial killer who hacked up prostitutes. He felt a little guilty about it but not guilty enough to stop.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 12:38 pm

Cole, both of the douchebags in your example are deadbeats and if I knew them personally I would remind them every chance I got.

11/19/14 1:05 pm

I love how you all just resort to calling him a sociopath. When he doesn't retaliate the way you want him to, you compare him to a psychopath and a serial killer.

MrMilkdud
11/19/14 1:07 pm

"All" of us didn't do that, drooski.

11/19/14 1:07 pm

Like I said, tell me to go F myself, but I'm legit trying to help him.

11/19/14 1:14 pm

No, you were not. If you were legitimately trying to help him, you wouldn't have pulled a cowboy and diagnose him with a mental illness in a public forum. You'd PM him to avoid embarrassment. You were going for snark, Rob, as you almost always are.

MachoMatt84 Mountain climbing
11/19/14 1:59 pm

To set the record straight:

Dad who refuses to help pay/raise his children for whatever selfish reasons=deadbeat

11/19/14 2:10 pm

MrM (to your second-to-last comment): I disagree, but I respect your consistency.

Rob and Think: I abhor violence. I even dislike killing bugs. Both of you, and all the people liking your comments, are making crazy assumptions about me. But...

11/19/14 2:11 pm

whatever. It seems as though you guys have already formed your opinions of me, so I doubt anything I say now will change your minds. And in the end, I really don't care what you think of me. Unless you're a psychologist or something similar, you...

11/19/14 2:13 pm

really have no business diagnosing me as a sociopath, psychopath, etc.

11/19/14 2:14 pm

People on this app seem to enjoy diagnosing political and social dissenters with mental illnesses. Is this admittance of certain insecurities? Possibly. Who knows why the do it...

11/19/14 2:24 pm

Haha. I have no idea either.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 2:27 pm

I didn't diagnose anything. I just said you had some aspects of it. It was an observation.

Also, psychopathy and the like comes in a spectrum, it's not a black and white sort of thing.

11/19/14 2:29 pm

"I didn't diagnose you with autism, I just said you exhibit a lot of autistic traits."

think4yourself Not a safe space
11/19/14 2:30 pm

Just to clarify, my serial killer comment was an example of how a sociopath could still have guilt not that cole is definitely one. As far as persons that defend people that force women to wear burkas and behead infidels, they are psychotic.

11/19/14 2:32 pm

Yeah? Which persons do that? In this conversation?

mc88 Cleveland OSU
11/19/14 2:33 pm

Well this is a clusterfuck of a string

11/19/14 3:49 pm

"But you sound more and more like..."

I didn't diagnose anything either. I also simply made an observation, and instead of just calling you something and walking away I pointed out why I felt that way...

11/19/14 3:50 pm

Having a piece of paper saying I can professionally diagnose something is not necessary to be able to correlate observations from life experiences. I've seen some shįt dude.More than some twice my age...

11/19/14 3:52 pm

I know sociopaths. The mere fact that you feel bad about killing bugs, but not able killing an unborn baby should tell you something right there.

I'm not being snarky, droo. I'm being honest.

11/19/14 4:01 pm

Please don't make this political. 50% of Americans are pro-choice - that doesn't mean all of them are sociopaths. If I remember correctly, you used to be pro-choice. I could say the same about most Republicans - The mere fact that they feel bad...

11/19/14 4:04 pm

when women terminate their pregnancies, but are totally alright with killing innocent people in drone strikes should tell you something right there." Of course, that doesn't make any sense.

11/19/14 4:13 pm

Rob, seeing as you once were pro-choice (I believe), were you once a sociopath?

Rotavele Alabama
11/19/14 5:07 pm

Jesus healed him so he could get insurance without a pre existing condition.

11/19/14 6:37 pm

I once thought so. It was my lack of caring or feeling of remorse that made me think that. After seeing what it did, psychologically, to my sister I began feeling empathy for her, and the baby that was terminated due to inconvenience...

11/19/14 6:37 pm

That's when I Knew I wasn't.

11/19/14 8:29 pm

So you once were a sociopath?

11/19/14 8:36 pm

Read what I said again, a little slower this time. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

11/19/14 8:39 pm

You "once thought so" seems to refer to being pro-choice, and a response to Cole, unless your writing skills suck and you were referring to bring a sociopath. You seriously thought you were a sociopath when you were pro-choice? That doesn't make

11/19/14 8:40 pm

sense. You should take your snarky ass and reread your own comment, Rob. I know it strokes your ego to be condescending, but if you do, at least *try* to be smart about it.

11/19/14 8:52 pm

See, I knew you could figure it out. No I didn't think that purely because I was pro choice, but it was a factor. I'm wasn't being condescending. I'm being (I guess too) honest. I understand some of this is over your head (THATS condescending).

11/19/14 8:52 pm

Some of the youth on this app are wise beyond their years. You, are not one of them. You think you know everything and attempt to retort by being a punk. I'm sure you don't talk like that to people you see everyday. You'd get yer ass kicked, a lot...

11/19/14 8:52 pm

But hey, you're still young. Let not rule that out just yet.

11/19/14 9:07 pm

"Read what I said again, a little slower this time". That wasn't condescending?

11/19/14 9:09 pm

Also, your response shows you still don't understand my comment. Rob, you're the one who acts like a big badass online. You think *I'm* immature? You're a grown man diagnosing Cole, a teen, with a mental illness, and talking to me about getting

11/19/14 9:10 pm

getting my ass kicked in real life.

11/19/14 9:15 pm

Also how do I think I know everything? Give me examples, please. It's a common and lazy insult, but rarely without any basis in reality. Enlighten me, please. Where did I say this?

11/19/14 9:43 pm

If it's a common insult, that should be enough of an example for you right there. I don't take notes on what (sometimes) dopey things you say.

11/19/14 10:09 pm

Not a common insult to me. I meant a common one I see older people use against young people.

11/19/14 10:11 pm

Rob, you are well-known for using curse words and getting angry at people who oppose you on SOH. I'm honestly curious. How are you more mature than me? Also, you have given any evidence of me thinking I know it all. Please, provide it.

11/19/14 10:37 pm

I already told you i don't pay enough attention to you or have notes on the silly things you say, but you have no room to talk about curses. All kinds of words were coming out of yer mouth in that cowboy thread the other day...

11/19/14 10:37 pm

Anyway, I'm done here, I've said my piece. Go ahead and get the last word in. One last jab. We all know that's your style.

Rotavele Alabama
11/19/14 10:40 pm

Ty for letting me have the last word.

11/19/14 10:55 pm

Rob, I didn't say you use curse words as if I don't and I'm better than you. I used it to show you aren't more mature than me. Reading comprehension is tough, isn't it?

11/19/14 10:57 pm

You implied the way I dealt with dissenters was immature, but you cuss and exhibit just as much ass as me, is what I was saying. I wasn't saying I never curse. lol

11/19/14 10:57 pm

as much sass*

exhibiting ass would be awkward

11/19/14 11:00 pm

Also, "we all know that's your style"? LOL you keep taking jabs at what I do yet when asked to provide evidence, you fall short.