willg November 18th, 2014 5:47pm

Do you think that Ferguson Missouri will erupt into more violent protests if the officer is not indicted?

commonsense America isnt racist
11/18/14 5:05 pm

Probably. There will be too many outside influences there to take advantage of this volatile situation.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 1:02 pm

Btw I realize I misspelled Violence... Whoops!

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
11/18/14 11:46 am

I think it will depend how the police and protesters interact with each other. I don't believe that violence is a foregone conclusion.

and, no, I don't lump the asshats that looted along with the actual protesters.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 12:48 pm

I feel like given the "rules" the protestors gave to the law enforcement, chances are things go south on peaceable protests. Asking the police to bend to your protest and basically not protect themselves is kindling for escalation.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 12:49 pm

And yes looters are asshats that only nix the position of actual passionate people for a cause.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
11/18/14 1:14 pm

they were strong suggestions, not rules. they can't force them on the police. and I read them, nothing in then would cause violence. they're just completely naive to believe that they can dictate how the police should behave.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 1:44 pm

Oh exactly. My favorites were police should not respond to soft items being thrown at them and then cited banana peels as an example, and the one about allowing the crowd to take up and occupy greater areas than normal.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 1:45 pm

If I own a business I have the right to be open and not have 1500 people out front because they are angry about police, hurt my business. Infringing on innocents doesn't convey your point more.

willg basically Dulles Airport
11/18/14 1:47 pm

They did call them rules though, like you said as if the protestors had some special right to make new rules that suit them.

TierasPet
11/18/14 11:11 am

My guess is, there will be violence.