steelcity November 17th, 2014 4:08pm

I am watching the show The West Wing on Netflix. I really like it. However, because it is based upon a democratic presidency, they often promote a very liberal ideology. I find myself moving towards the left on many topics. Do I keep watching?

moriahdanielle Des Moines, IA
11/17/14 5:28 pm

I'm watching it for the 3rd time. I've had a different reaction each time. The 1st time it made me want to become a lobbyist. The 2nd, I realized I would NEVER vote for Bartlet, & this time I can't stop thinking about how messed up our politics are.

gelina44 Springfield, MO
11/17/14 4:02 pm

Remember it's fiction.... But be one should always be open to other points of view, do your own research and find out how much of what you're watch is fact and how much is ratings.

Doopy Remedial Americanism
11/17/14 3:22 pm

Keep watching, but discuss it with conservatives so you don't get an imbalanced perspective.

curly
11/17/14 12:16 pm

Lol. Goes to show you how much the media and Hollywood have an effect on public opinion.

I hear it's a good show, haven't seen it tho. I'd keep watching. I've never thought that getting a better understanding the other side is a bad thing.

EarlyBird Portland
11/17/14 11:47 am

I think it's great that you are seeing things from another angle, steel. Learning is a good thing. Keep watching.

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/14 10:42 am

your profile picture made me LOL steel

steelcity Pittsburgh
11/17/14 10:45 am

That's what it's for! In regards to your photo, I put my Christmas tree up a week and a half ago :)

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
11/17/14 9:38 am

If you keep watching it, start yelling at the TV when they push the liberal crap.
But for me, I wouldn't waste my time on it.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
11/17/14 9:20 am

if you enjoy it, sure. I'm sure once you are done watching it you're leanings will go back to pre-influence levels.

musiman28 Cotton country
11/17/14 9:18 am

I enjoyed the show a good bit and just argued with the screen when they went to far to left field. Didn't affect my political ideology, but I've always been able to easily ignore stuff from a scripted show. Same as horror movies,

musiman28 Cotton country
11/17/14 9:19 am

They don't scare me because I know they aren't real.