HappyLez November 17th, 2014 10:54am

I just read (on Facebook) that Ferguson residents are finding warning notices on their doors to stock up on Food, Water & Meds. Looks like authorities may already know the Grand Jury results. I find this entire situation very sad. What do you think?

gamerguy217
11/17/14 6:02 pm

The police are only going to make the situation worse. What do you do when there is civil unrest caused by the militarization/overzealous nature of the police? Why call out the national guard! Maybe even declare martial law!!

thatsmyname
11/17/14 4:13 pm

Smart.If the GJ makes a decision that's upsetting, then they better be prepared. Human nature without proper leadership is chaos, and chaos will feed on itself. And the leaders of potentially violent rallies that will occur are not fit for leadership

fernando1999 Texas
11/17/14 3:41 pm

Just because you disagree with a grand jury decision, that does not entitle you to violence.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 2:53 pm

Just read on CBS, FOX & CNN that Missouri Governor has declared a State of Emergency ahead of the Grand Jury Decision

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 2:53 pm

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 11:56 am

Here's a question regarding the Looting's possible purpose
The grand jury is only hearing this because of the attention that was brought to Ferguson by the riots.
If the Grand Jury indicts the police officer, then he would have gotten away with it?

sbarn15
11/17/14 10:49 am

It's dissapointing they probably won't indict Officer Wilson but even worse that they assume people will be rioting. Most of the issues there have been a direct result of the police escalating the situation and not respecting the citizens.

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 9:37 am

No, the looters should be held accountable for their own actions.

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 9:38 am

Wrong thread.

teachinla California
11/17/14 9:32 am

I just checked a news outlet. Facebook was wrong - a neighboring town, not Ferguson, got the warning.

RebelProud Bungholio
11/17/14 9:29 am

The cop was in the right. It was a sad situation where a kid had to die because of his own mistakes. Then a bunch of ill-informed angry people started protesting and the media (of course) helped spread false stories before confirming any kind of..

RebelProud Bungholio
11/17/14 9:30 am

...truth to them. It's sad that the media cares more about money than facts, but hey we knew that already.

kermie gaytopia
11/17/14 8:06 am

It is sad. I don't have enough info to comment intelligibly but regardless of what happened that day and what the verdict is, police violence, especially against black men, is a serious problem. And, more violence is not the answer.

RebelProud Bungholio
11/17/14 9:31 am

It is certainly a problem, however in this case the police officer was in the right.

kermie gaytopia
11/17/14 2:05 pm

Maybe, maybe not. From what I know it sounds like he wasn't in the right. The grand jury will probably find that he was. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle.

TierasPet
11/17/14 7:30 am

Whether this is true or not, sending kids home early is not a good sign. It means depending on the verdict, they expect rioting. I'm glad they're anticipating but it's sad and ridiculous that they need too.

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 7:10 am

I think it's sad that people aren't mature enough to not start rioting and that authorities have to post notices on doors to try to help protect innocent people from the idiots of the world.

TierasPet
11/17/14 7:28 am

I agree.

Pirate Uses the Tap
11/17/14 7:04 am

People are angry about the way police are so they are just looking for an excuse to have an "event" there. I don't know what the truth is that happened.

Rotavele Alabama
11/17/14 7:02 am

I know most of you completely disagree, but I just wanted to say my opinion. I think it's sad that this situation happened, but the DNA evidence is too tight. I think this makes the community look like they react with little thought and

Rotavele Alabama
11/17/14 7:02 am

it's going to be a boy who cried wolf scenario if anything happens again. Chances are when something bad really does happen, no one will really pay it much attention because the media put too much emphasis on this. Sorry but that's just my take.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/17/14 5:02 am

I think that facebook isn't a good news source.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 6:00 am

Agree...that's why I put it here...
Figured you guys would have a better clue

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
11/17/14 6:10 am

I looked around - the only definite I was able to find is that schools will know the grand jury is ready first, because they will send kids home 3 hours before the announcement. The other stuff is likely misinformation.

rickvee Living the dream
11/17/14 4:58 am

Most likely because the scum will take any opportunity to loot, riot, and kill.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 4:00 am

They need to fully prosecute the police officer if there was a cover up
And hold him accountable for the property damage that ensued.
If nothing was found in the Grand Jury investigation, they must begin to move on.

twss trump is a garbage human
11/17/14 6:16 am

The grand jury results haven't been announced, but the law enforcement community here knows what's going on. You can guess what will likely happen.

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 6:26 am

Be careful Twss... It's always the innocent people that get hurt & disrupted

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 7:12 am

Why should he be responsible for other people rioting and looting their own neighborhoods?

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/17/14 7:21 am

If he murdered that boy and set the chain of events going... I think he has responsibility

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/14 9:16 am

He didn't set the chain of looting going. those people chose to act like animals

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 9:17 am

Exactly Morgan

RebelProud Bungholio
11/17/14 9:32 am

Ok so if he is found innocent should the boys parents be held liable for all of the property damage, since Brown would have been the one responsible for setting off this chain of events by forcing the officers hand?

twss trump is a garbage human
11/17/14 9:36 am

It's a bad situation. Tragic on both sides. But no one is responsible for the actions of others. Should we have charged Rodney King for his beating inciting the LA riots? No.

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 9:38 am

No, the looters should be held accountable for their own actions.

twss trump is a garbage human
11/17/14 9:43 am

Exactly. Where in MO are you, TigerShark? I'm near STL.

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 9:47 am

Close to Joplin. I've been glad to not be from the STL area these past few months.

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/14 10:33 am

No GTFO the looters should be help responsible for their own actions

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/14 10:34 am

Tiger were you affected by the Joplin tornado?

TigerShark47 Missouri
11/17/14 12:43 pm

Not directly, but I had friends who were in it, and my church did some volunteering afterwards. The damage was indescribable.

missmorganmarie ...
11/17/14 1:31 pm

wow. yeah I couldn't even imagine and all I saw were pictures