XercesBlue November 14th, 2014 4:44pm

Donate $100 to a parent volunteer group (who raises money for technology programs and devises for your school) and your child will not have to do homework for a week.

brenstal Florida
11/14/14 7:45 pm

Bad idea. They shouldn't learn that money can get them out of doing work. It will hurt their grades, and make the kids whose parents couldn't pay feel bad.

leilu SoCal
11/14/14 2:44 pm

Wow, pretty terrible idea. Glad I'm not in that school district!!

Yoko318 Utah
11/14/14 1:04 pm

I think homework's stupid anyway, so.....

rons screw politicians
11/14/14 10:43 am

We want to be equal so no bribes for you kid.

susanr Colorado
11/14/14 10:37 am

What? That's bad on at least a couple levels. If that's what we think of homework, why bother having it to begin with? It's not a punishment (although it might seem so at time, to kids...). And hey, let's let kids whose parents can afford to buy

susanr Colorado
11/14/14 10:38 am

them out of it do that, and those who can't... continue to do the homework.

That's just stupid. Even as a one-time thing.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/14/14 10:21 am

That's beyond ridiculous. Homework isn't just a chore or a penalty to be bartered away, or something anyone else can do for the student, it is the part of learning no one but the student can do. Trade it away? Might as well skip school too.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
11/14/14 10:10 am

Homework is supposed to reinforce what kids have learned in class, so I'd rather that not be skipped.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/14/14 10:38 am

Although it could be reduced. When I was at home, my brother (2nd grade) would come home with pages and pages and pages (and they didn't even get recess!) It got to a point where my mom had to email the school.

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/14/14 10:40 am

How that teacher couldn't fit 60% of that homework into the day beat me. His homework was longer than mine. I think it was kind of evil. No recess, and no fun when you get home either. Really not good for kids because they'll grow to dislike school.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
11/14/14 10:44 am

Yeah, kids today definitely have a lot more homework than I ever did. I don't think it should take up their whole evening.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/14/14 9:48 am

If this is a one-off event to raise money, maybe it's ok. But if it's a recurring event during the school year, absolutely not!

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
11/14/14 9:46 am

This user is currently being ignored

BeachSt Coastal Virginia
11/14/14 10:41 am

Exactly my thought. Now everyone knows the poor one when he's the only one passing in homework! Or the one with a mom with a good head on her shoulders.