DK41
11/14/14 10:32 pm

I have some questions for that dictator Obama... Sure I would like to meet him... Well at least have 10 minutes to let him know how I feel.

11/12/14 8:21 pm

So here's a photo of *all* the leaders at that thing in China. si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/WO-AU383_OBACHI_P_20141110173732.jpg

Why are we picking on Obama about this, again?

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 9:02 pm

What is that little gold pin most are wearing and why didn't our pres get one?

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 9:03 pm

I'm not making an issue of it, they could be microphones for all I know.

11/12/14 9:11 pm

Gee, I have no idea. Here's another pic where it's even clearer he's not wearing one. I tried blowing it up but can't make out what they are. i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/141111065200-obama-putin-china-horizontal-gallery.jpg

11/12/14 9:13 pm

In some other pics of the event (where the men are all wearing suits) he's wearing a US flag pin (& some others are wearing pins of their country's flag also). But this stumps me. Maybe he pocketed his. Maybe it fell off. Maybe he was a bad boy.

11/12/14 9:15 pm

There's some joking about it in here (and yes, they reminded me also of Star Trek uniforms): twitchy.com/2014/11/10/apec-trek-mark-knoller-spots-missing-accessory-on-obamas-outfit-photos/

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 9:17 pm

Maybe they're candy and he ate his before the picture. I doubt it's important, but the Chinese government uses a lot of symbolism and sometimes little things like that, or his proximity to the other central leaders, speaks volumes.

11/12/14 9:28 pm

But wait, there's more! With music and a slide show! "The silly shirts of APEC meetings past": tinyurl.com/pm6l7fq

I see a couple similar pins in some of those. In a comment somewhere, it was suggested it's a conference pin.

11/12/14 9:30 pm

Yes you're right about all that (well maybe not the candy part).He doesn't seem placed in a prime position. In one photo of the larger group there are a couple other people who don't have them; they're also not front & center.

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 9:49 pm

Clear evidence that he's a communist. And that the communists don't like him.

11/12/14 10:26 pm

Bwahaha!

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 5:43 pm

It looks like a scene from one of those blacksploitation Kung fu movies from the 70's.

11/12/14 8:24 pm

I've never seen one of those (counting myself lucky, there), but now I can imagine it quite well. Um, thanks.

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 8:28 pm

Really? I saw my first one in a film class in college. Most People look down on them now, but they're an important part of the history of American culture.

11/12/14 8:55 pm

Yeah, really. I had a film history class in college in the late 80s but I think it stopped about 1950ish. There may have been another semester I didn't get to take.

11/12/14 8:55 pm

Now you've made me curious about them...

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
11/12/14 2:17 pm

First a Muslim, now this. Wow Barack, wow.

bit.ly/1v53PWt

11/12/14 2:06 pm

Meet George Bush and his "precious" friend Putin: blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/BushPutin.jpg

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:14 pm

Ugh.... That moment when you think you got something and then a liberal pops up with the greatest embarrassment to the Conservative party wearing a bed sheet.

Good play, Susan.

11/12/14 2:18 pm

Here's GWB with "Precious" in Chile. These guys make a real fashion statement together. www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/vladimir-putin-and-the-people-2221673.html?action=gallery&ino=8

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:20 pm

Then it's just a presidential thing. I change my stance, this is an embarrassment to us for looking so petty. I apologize for my buddies, Susan. :)

11/12/14 2:24 pm

Here he is with his Chinese buddy: tinyurl.com/pm7nw3a

11/12/14 2:26 pm

Oh look! Precious was with him on that trip, too! www.repubblica.it/gallerie/online/mondo/apec/5_g.jpg

11/12/14 2:28 pm

I really wouldn't mind if someone convinced me that all of these are photoshopped. It's just too weird, otherwise. G & Precious, that is.

11/12/14 2:36 pm

Lest anyone think I'm just picking on GWB, I've been frantically searching for other Presidents (of any political stripe) Dressing Badly, but poor George keeps coming up, with new outfits... often with Precious.

11/12/14 2:38 pm

And speaking of Presidents and Mao, lookee here. Dunno if Nixon ever took the suit off, but he sure looks delighted to be chatting with Mao, even back in the day... tinyurl.com/kmoxcby

11/12/14 2:49 pm

SL - it *is* just a Presidential thing, although some seem to have refrained, but while looking for these I saw discussion on an internet forum from 2005, about why Presidents do this. So it's not just an Obama gaffe.

11/12/14 2:50 pm

What I find a little depressing is that when the tables are turned, & foreign heads of state or dignitaries visit the US and wear *their* traditional dress, instead of our suits, some of us make fun of them or say it's disrespectful, & they should

11/12/14 2:51 pm

follow *our* customs while they're here. Sadly, I suspect some of those folks, at least, are the same ones who would make fun of (or worse) Obama for wearing a Chinese outfit.

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 3:12 pm

George W Bush is a Conservative? Since when?

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 3:14 pm

Nevermind. Sarah is another troll. A lot seems to be popping up lately.

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 3:18 pm

Waiting for michellebachmann to show up...

11/12/14 3:19 pm

i believe he called himself a "compassionate conservative." Is that what makes him not a conservative?

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 3:20 pm

Yeah... It was his actions. Obama calls himself a Christian...

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 3:29 pm

I'm not really Sarah Palin but I do admire her a lot. Yes, Bush was a conservative. A mistake, but conservative. That doesn't mean all of us are bad. I consider the ones who can't responsibly admit we made a mistake are bad.

MrMilkdud
11/12/14 5:47 pm

This is great stuff, Susan!
I've seen the pics of George and Vlad together in a set of pictures set up to look like their honeymoon photo album. I wish I could find it- you'd get a kick out of it.

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 5:51 pm

Shows you why America has been in decline for the last twenty years... Just pathetic.

11/12/14 6:15 pm

Only 20 years, cowboy? You might have to revise that a tad farther back.

What's your opinion of a US President who meets foreign dignitaries in the White House, dressed in the pajamas he's been wearing all day?

11/12/14 6:16 pm

MrMilk: I believe it... heck, I could practically have put one together from all the other photos I bumped into today. I have to say GWB looks fairly uncomfortable in most of them.

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 6:27 pm

In recent history, yeah Susan.
At least it wasn't a Mao dress or a turban.

11/12/14 6:40 pm

No, but it was Thomas Jefferson.

Try to imagine your reaction if Obama greeted foreign heads of state in his pajamas.

cowboy Here and There
11/12/14 6:42 pm

I'm more worried about this President continuing to embarrass us.

11/12/14 8:23 pm

For everyone who's been laughing at Obama, or finding his donning of Chinese garb "Disgusting..." (one answer option), let's take a look at the bigger picture. Literally. si.wsj.net/public/resources/images/WO-AU383_OBACHI_P_20141110173732.jpg

11/12/14 8:23 pm

Are we going to laugh at all of them, or find them all disgusting? Or is it just when it's Obama?

cowboy Here and There
11/13/14 3:24 am

We could laugh at all of these Jack asses if the U.S. President wasn't one of them. He's an embarrassment.

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:03 pm

That is embarrassing. Why does he go to great lengths to try and impress them? Just wear a suit and tie. They should respect our culture and differences as much as we respect theirs.

jvc1133 61535
11/12/14 1:59 pm

He saved the veterans from listening to lies.

rons screw politicians
11/12/14 1:44 pm

Would have been better with one of those rice paddies hats! Pulling a rickshaw!

Brandon1995 San Francisco
11/12/14 1:31 pm

This anti-American rhetoric you are spewing is repulsive. Show some respect for our democratically elected Christian president.

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:04 pm

This is true. Just because we do not like the president does not mean we need to disrespect him. Thank you, Brandon.

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
11/12/14 2:15 pm

*Muslim president.

There, fixed it for you.

youtu.be/bMUgNg7aD8M

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:17 pm

Your kind is what makes us republicans look bad. What if he is a Muslim? Who cares? Would God want you to spread so much hate against one of Abrahamic Bretheren? People like you are destroying our party.

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:19 pm

By the way hes dressed up all over I doubt he is a Muslim. I wouldn't care if he was or wasn't as I didn't vote for him but he's my president. Who cares what he wears? When its down to how someone dresses, we look like we're out of touch politically.

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
11/12/14 2:21 pm

I'm a libertarian, not a loser Republican. And trust me, you idiots do a FINE job at making your party look bad without my help.

I'm an atheist so I don't care which made up deity he worships, but he isn't being honest when he claims Christianity.

HillaryRClinton 1599 Pennsylvania Ave.
11/12/14 2:33 pm

You are not a true libertarian. Otherwise you wouldn't care. True libertarians accept the fact that people are different and that mental upbringings shaped who they are so even if they lie you don't call them out. What you are is confused, buddy.

ScottyDoesNo Stand back and stand by
11/12/14 2:35 pm

Reading comprehension isn't exactly your strong suit, huh? Let's try this again:

"I'm an atheist so I don't care which made up deity he worships."

Now quickly, what did I just say?

Rotavele Alabama
11/12/14 1:21 pm

How beautiful. I love our leader.

No but forreal why did you tell me China is capitalist and now claiming Mao is back in charge? Do you think before you type?

rons screw politicians
11/12/14 1:45 pm

Dear leader to you young man. Show respect!