Show Of Hands January 13th, 2013 12:00am

Should Lance Armstrong publicly confess to doping, or would doing so just make things worse for him?

TideGal CFL
01/17/13 5:48 pm

I do not care whether he doped or not.

DHM
01/16/13 10:50 pm

Too true. And attrition is a great term

8455 Missouri
01/16/13 12:47 pm

Let's not rule out the goof ball had cancer and still didn't learn. I had the cancer down there and never touched even a doobie!

8455 Missouri
01/16/13 12:45 pm

I generally don't think sports should have any regulating bodies, NCAA NFL NASCAR, natural attrition will kill off the Dopers

Zod Above Pugetropolis
01/15/13 1:42 pm

Now that the arrogant skeevey POS has admitted to what almost everyone believed all along, how does he propose to repair the damage he's done? His case is by far the worst, because of how aggressively he used the courts against those who simply told the truth. A half-hearted "apology" is nothing.

cowboy Come on, man
01/15/13 10:19 am

Apparently everyone was doping. Those ugly frogs only hate him because an American kicked their ass for seven straight years. That's it.

TempName14 Everywhere but nowhere
01/15/13 10:09 am

Yup. Now I have to add him to the list of defrauders whose athletic achievements were entirely a lie and fake: maguire, bonds, Marion jones, Carl Lewis, Alex Rodriguez, conseco. They were all liars and fakes. They deserve no recognition ever. Too bad. Lots of years of life wasted.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 10:28 pm

What do you mean "she no longer has to testify"? I just read that she is scheduled to testify on January 23.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 5:02 pm

It's never too late to tell the truth. Reminds me of the old saying about planting trees: The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second-best time is today.

susanr Colorado
01/14/13 5:00 pm

You conspiracy people crack me up. I suppose if she had died you'd claim Obama killed her, or that she hadn't died & was in hiding.

fourwinds box of rain
01/14/13 2:11 pm

It's clear that he did it and I no longer respect him. Definitely makes me question a lot of things about professional athletes. Anyways, he should just admit it already and clear his conscience; he has lost everything so why continue to live with this lie?

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/14/13 1:52 pm

in any case, none of this makes him a crackhead. as the name suggests, a crackhead is someone who uses crack. Armstrong isn't using cocaine.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/14/13 1:51 pm

I think all racing bikes have carbon fiber frames. however, not all racers have performance enhancers or whatever it is he used coursing through their veins.

tdyakker lost
01/14/13 9:54 am

When you BS us we re-elect you! We are fools who trust those who lie to us just because they have a title. We like to think that those in power have our best interests at heart.

dogsaver new Jersey
01/14/13 9:43 am

Doesn't make right!

dogsaver new Jersey
01/14/13 9:42 am

We Obama's going to cover that up for the next 4 years! Besides we already know the answer. It's amazing how convenient it was for Clinton to get a concussion and then a supposed blood clot at the exact time she was to testify! The best is she no longer has to testify. Obama is the most corrupt.

dogsaver new Jersey
01/14/13 9:39 am

It's been obvious from the start that he juiced! It's sad that he believed his own lies. Now it is even more embarrassing to admit guilt after lieing for so many years! He's a loser!

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/14/13 7:42 am

I thought it wasn't even drugs, but artificially increasing the oxygenation of his blood. Cheating, perhaps, but how is that really different than carbon fiber bike frames?

DaKernal Colorado
01/14/13 5:34 am

Really? Lance who? Don't we really need answers to Bengazhi more than a confession from a druggie?

outdoorgirl
01/14/13 4:51 am

Things worse for a while though.

outdoorgirl
01/14/13 4:50 am

I chose confess, cause I believe that u should always 'man up' and own ur mistakes. U don't have to announce every mistake u make but recognize them, learn from them, apologize if u hurt people with ur mistake, then move on. I think it's cowardly to hide behind lies. Confessing will probably make

KudosToYou California
01/14/13 4:32 am

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

ElizabethL BOS . NC
01/14/13 12:00 am

There's one thing the American people don't like and that's a hypocrite. They're pretty forgiving, just don't BS us.

ElizabethL BOS . NC
01/13/13 11:58 pm

I don't feel like he can sink lower. He should confess because everyone knows he doped. "The truth will set you free." Acknowledge wrongdoing and make it right. Be an advocate for why performing enhancing drugs will ruin your reputation and career. Make it right, Lance.

RJ1969 SoCal
01/13/13 11:17 pm

I hope his one remaining nut falls off and he steps on it while trying to pick it up.

Bolide
01/13/13 10:56 pm

No no, Lance is the one that walked on the moon. Neil is the one with the yellow bracelets, yeah, that's totally right.

Bolide
01/13/13 10:53 pm

Everyone says this, that all cyclists dope, but I haven't really seen anything about it. I am interested and would like to be in on this information as well, do you have a source I could look at?

ravensfreak95
01/13/13 10:15 pm

All cyclists dope. He won 7 Tour de France titles in a row and no one will take that away from him.

rodin South Dakota
01/13/13 9:46 pm

who cares if he took drugs. the man can ride a bike like no other

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/13/13 9:44 pm

there definitely are people who care that he cheated. such as the other athletes who competed against him and those who looked up to him. and confessing to the whole world and apologizing takes a lot of guts, that's why he's doing it. because its the right thing to do and makes him less of a coward.

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/13/13 9:41 pm

since when does using performance enhancing drugs make someone a crackhead?

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
01/13/13 9:39 pm

he already admitted to it, he just hasn't done it publicly. that's what I heard

moderndoubt
01/13/13 9:35 pm

Let the man ride his bike. Who cares if he cheated really? And what does confessing do? It's not like suddenly we can all sleep better at night.

3rdParty
01/13/13 9:27 pm

He's a lying coward. Fess up!!

Lumineer
01/13/13 9:15 pm

I'd respect him more if he did.

wears Tennessee
01/13/13 9:08 pm

Wouldn't make a difference would it?

roybiker12
01/13/13 8:41 pm

I couldn't care less...it is just a bike race.

chivalry74
01/13/13 8:05 pm

F the world Lance. Do u buddy!

effy
01/13/13 7:48 pm

I voted confess just cuz I'm nosey. But really it's up to him. He's already lost most all the accolades & we all kno the truth that he's really a crackhead so it really doesn't matter. If anything he stands to gain even more money if he confesses. Between him & his God (or not if he's atheist).

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/13/13 7:45 pm

I voted no only because I don't know if he did it or not. Why did it take so long for these allegations to be "proven"

Sounds fishy to me. :-/

jacmcmaho
01/13/13 7:10 pm

If he did it he should own up to it

tony2k79 Victorville
01/13/13 6:34 pm

He received the glory publicly, he should receive the shame publicly. If there's any shame to be had anyways.

niteowl Hold Fast
01/13/13 5:50 pm

'Armstrong met with USADA officials recently to explore a ‘‘pathway to redemption,’’ according to a report by ‘‘60 Minutes Sports.’’' - Boston Globe 1/12/13

I imagine a confession would be at the beginning of this pathway to redemption. We'll see on Thursday...

thebarr
01/13/13 5:37 pm

If he did it, then confess. As far as I know, there is only glorified hearsay that he doped. Not a single positive drug test or hard piece of evidence. I don't follow this that closely, so perhaps I'm just not aware of what's out there.