DGroot November 2nd, 2014 3:16pm

Which is a more logical option, to vote for a third party candidate or try to affect change in the party you more closely identify with?

DGroot America
11/02/14 11:54 am

One columnist's observation why party trumps person. This author is very conservative leaning but switch it up and the article would apply to the other side as well.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 9:29 am

The ignorant masses will never stray from their party masters.

DGroot America
11/02/14 9:55 am

So, just for some discussion, I know you hate democrats but how will voting for a third party candidate keep them out is office?

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 9:58 am

I hate the RINOs too. The two-party system doesn't give damn about Americans.

DGroot America
11/02/14 10:01 am

That's why I posted this question. My opinion is that it's better to work within the party you most identify with than to vote for third part at this point.

DGroot America
11/02/14 10:04 am

Third party candidates have virtually no chance of getting elected in all but a minuscule number of races. Voting for them usually does more harm than good.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 10:04 am

Yeah... I've heard that argument for thirty years. Voting for the lesser of two evils has not gotten us anywhere.

DGroot America
11/02/14 10:08 am

Then Don't vote. You are a huge Democrat dissenter, but by voting a third party instead of voting republican, as a whole, many more republicans could have been elected.

DGroot America
11/02/14 10:10 am

It's great that someone feels warm and fuzzy about voting for a third party candidate that they agree with entirely but the Reality is that we have a two party system. If you vote outside that you are not acting rationally.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 10:12 am

Ok robot. Vote however your masters tell you.

DGroot America
11/02/14 10:29 am

And how does voting 3rd party free you from the "masters" we are both under? Use your ambition to change things but not your vote.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 10:35 am

Why do you think that the two party system doesn't allow anyone else in their political debates? They are scared little bitches.

DGroot America
11/02/14 11:21 am

Because our constitution and laws, although not expressly, favor a two party system. We do not have a parliamentary system like the UK where other parties have more voice.

I'm not saying this is ideal but I see the reality of it.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 11:24 am

Our Constitution? Ok troll. Have a nice day.

DGroot America
11/02/14 11:29 am

Troll? I've been here since 2011. Have you read any of my polls or posts? I'm calling you out because although we probably agree philosophically on most topics, you come on here and cause more harm than good.

cowboy Dawns Highway
11/02/14 11:31 am

Ok troll. Have a nice day.

knetzere Illinois
11/02/14 9:15 am

I will be voting some 3rd party in the smaller races where they have a chance but the races that get the most attention I will vote for the candidate who shares my values closest with the best chance at winning

gonzoboy Arizona
11/02/14 10:08 am

Amen.
However, one could conceivably see each of two Parties we presently have, as 3 different Parties EACH, sometimes arguing as vociferously amongst each other, as they do across the aisle!
What a goofy mess.

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
11/02/14 11:02 am

One could also see that arguing and discord as a sign that more parties are needed. When it comes down to it, party campaign financing and quorum pressure forces most of those votes into a harmonious "single party" effort; aka one party.

DGroot America
11/02/14 8:23 am

I'm interested to see the results here since, whether we like it or not, the US operates under a 2 party system.