Zod November 1st, 2014 7:31pm

Which of these is the average North American more likely to have been exposed to?

HappyLez No Worries... Be Happy
11/03/14 6:32 pm

Republicans have blown it significantly out of proportion in order discredit democrats handling of it and gain votes for themselves.
Creating hysteria for votes...
Equivalent to screaming FIRE in a packed movie theatre...
Shameful ....

jvc1133 61535
11/03/14 7:03 am

Unfortunately you have to use a 2x4 to get the message across. : (

ScrewU Gone
11/02/14 5:31 am

The news is talking about Ebola to avoid talking about EV-68 and how Obama's open border policy let it into this country from Central America. I doubt most people are even aware that it's killed 9 kids and paralyzed 50 others.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/02/14 7:55 am

Enterovirus was first isolated in the US in the 1960s, so it isn't like our current border policy let it in. Besides, eeee-BOWL-a is much more fun to say.

ScrewU Gone
11/02/14 9:39 am

Read the article. It was extremely rare here until this year. It's common in Central America.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/02/14 9:47 am

I read it, but saying it is becoming more common here because we allow visitors from Central America in is like saying they got it there in the first place because they let visitors from California in.

ScrewU Gone
11/02/14 8:39 pm

Nonsense. It says that the only explanation for a sudden outbreak of different strains of the virus in numerous places at the same time is if the virus came from a common source. How it came to be common in Central America is irrelevant, they've

ScrewU Gone
11/02/14 8:40 pm

developed immunity to it. I can't fathom why you'd be obstinate in he face of simple facts.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/02/14 8:50 pm

Different strains coming from the same source at the same time sounds more unlikely. It has nothing to do with an "open border" policy when there is no such thing. It more likely has to do with an increasing incidence of asthma.

getupbaby South City
11/01/14 6:08 pm

I'm no biologist, but it seems to me Ebola is primitive and wouldn't thrive anywhere but a third world country.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 3:08 pm

Go visit Craig in NY to see how he's doing. But don't get too close. Time will tell.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 12:36 pm

Oh, Ebolanoia, for sure. So far I've been immune to it, but you never know. I've been exposed to it hundreds of times a day (I confess I self-expose by reading asinine comments on asinine web pages), plus I follow the #Ebolanoia hashtag on Twitter,

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 12:38 pm

so it may be only a matter of time.

Here's another reassuring fact about one's chances of contracting Ebola, though (the Limbaugh wives & Kardashian spouses versions were getting a bit old, no?):

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 12:38 pm

"More Americans have become saints in the past five years than have contracted Ebola in tue U.S." --Philip Bump (@pbump)

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/01/14 12:44 pm

I *really* need to get more serious about getting set up on Twitter.

PartyJustin R.O.C.K. in the R.O.C.
11/01/14 1:14 pm

I had a friend get angry with me (like for real, straight up *angry*) because I didn't think we needed to shut down flights and generally freak out about the whole thing. It's really been a bizarre situation, ebolanoia...

getupbaby South City
11/01/14 6:11 pm

I think there's plenty to be angry about if, in fact, they had banned flights and impeded the battle in Africa. Thousands have died and the situation is supposedly worse there than official numbers indicate. America is completely safe.

ScrewU Gone
11/02/14 5:34 am

Canada just stopped issuing visas to people from affected African countries.