Rotavele November 1st, 2014 6:10pm

A CBS reporter, Sharyl Attkisson, has came out with a book about her articles she was writing on Benghazi being removed, and that professionals found a link with the U.S. Government doing it. Is she wanting sales or could it be true?

teachinla California
11/02/14 9:16 am

Your question isn't very clear. "U.S. government doing" what? Removing her articles? - probably true. Being the deliberate instigator of the Benghazi attack - probably not.

11/02/14 9:28 am

Doing it as in removing her articles.

arielb SoCal, so Cal
11/01/14 3:07 pm

I liked her when she was a science reporter, not so much more recently.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/01/14 2:20 pm

Not a fan of that lying profiteering cunt.

She's a horrible person.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 3:52 pm

What was her sin! Ratting on CBS the liberal lying network?

RJ1969 SoCal
11/01/14 6:42 pm

Sorry,

On vaccines and autism. Kooky kook.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 11:16 am

I saw an article debunking a significant piece of her claim yesterday. It said that when security experts looked at the video she'd apparently made of her file in the process of "being removed," it was literally disappearing character by character,

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 11:18 am

backwards. They said that's, um, not how files are "removed." And suggested that the problem was a stuck backspace key.

The article said that there were some other concerns she wrote about that might be legitimate, but that this one was just wrong.

11/01/14 11:19 am

Maybe the government didn't know they could alt+tab and hit the arrow keys to get to the file icon, press delete, then enter.

She said the NSA has her phone where she can barely use it, but they already tap all of our phones without problems?

11/01/14 11:20 am

lmfao.
I've actually had my delete key pressed in and get hung under the side piece on my Mac. If it was the delete key, then it would delete the wrong way.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:21 am

Why do you have an issue with her? They went after the AP and Rosen big time. i don't trust the government very much. i thought the NSA stuff would have bothered you. Is she considered a turncoat or something.

11/01/14 11:22 am

NSA bothers me and I don't trust any government. I just can tell from reading this and knowing how to do stuff it was plausible until she went a bit over board with it.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:27 am

Who said it was a stuck backup key?

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 12:25 pm

I don't remember where I saw that, rons, or who exactly said it (although I think it was unspecified internet security experts). I'll see if I can track down the article.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 1:46 pm

It was 4 experts from 3 private internet security firms, according to this:

mediamatters.org/blog/2014/10/31/computer-security-experts-attkisson-video-of-pu/201403

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 3:26 pm

Please no! Not Mediamatters! They are slightly biased. But what did she do to upset the left so bad? I thought she was no happy with CBS and squealed on them. If it was Chris Matthews it would be interesting.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 3:29 pm

Whether the source is biased or not, the quotes from the security experts still stand, unless you think they were made up. I don't have the energy or interest to track this down any farther, but their explanation made perfect sense to me.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 3:30 pm

Other than that, I know absolutely zero about the woman.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 3:46 pm

I looked at her video. Looks like a stuck key to me or she should get a priest to bless the house!

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 3:57 pm

Now I need to consult those security experts about my email mailboxes (saved stuff, not inboxes) that suddenly disappeared from my Mac this morning. I'm sure that's something stupid too, not NSA, but maybe they could tell me.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:14 am

She's been bitching about the liberals at CBS for ages. They are now official a state run station.

11/01/14 11:12 am

Literally was questioning stuff as they described many things I know how to do myself and it sounded pretty accurate, however I lost all faith when she was repeating about the professional and "ISP address". No professional calls it an "ISP Address"

11/01/14 11:14 am

There's a chance she was mis-pronouncing but then she also mentioned how she found a cable outside her home that someone said could download data. They wouldn't need that if you're computers going haywire and slowing down itself.

11/01/14 11:16 am

She mentions an "expert" saying that they were recording her with Skype. When you're on a Skype call there's plenty of places to see you're on a call. If they were recording (Which it can't do if not in a call) it would download client side only.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:18 am

Can't figure out what your gripe is with her. She felt wrong by CBS, thinks the government was breaking into her computer via her ISP (Internet Service Provide). Look how Holder treated certain journalist.

11/01/14 11:21 am

Yes but an Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is not an ISP address. A professional wouldn't say that. He would say IP address and not mention an ISP as it has nothing to do with a hacker.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:22 am

Could it because she went against the liberal establishment?

11/01/14 11:23 am

It could, but it could also be aliens from outer space.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:25 am

My IP address terminates at my ISP. What does IP mean anyway?

11/01/14 11:29 am

It's just like your computers phone number. If you hit start, click run, type in CMD, it opens a command prompt. Type in netstat and it tells you all the ip addresses connected to your computer.

11/01/14 11:30 am

Type in "netstat -n" without quotation marks.

I'm assuming that's how they knew a government agency was connected as the US government has reserved all IP Adresses starting with these numbers:

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:30 am

It was a simple question and never answered. I.P.?

11/01/14 11:31 am

usahitman.com/magipa/

These are what all government agencies start with. If you see any connections from them it's probably just random surveillance.

11/01/14 11:32 am

Oh. Your IP address is the number your ISP assigns to your computer randomly via their DNS servers. Your ISP also watches you through this and can watch your screen at all times unless you're connection is encrypted behind a VPN.

rons Thanks America
11/01/14 11:35 am

Sorry you already answered it up above. The Internet Protocol is assigned to you by your Internet Service Provider. So it's not her accusation that bothers you, it's her use of the ISP address that does. Seems trite.

11/01/14 12:34 pm

Well it's like if I said you were from New York. You'd correct me and then assume I don't know much about you and such, because in reality you live in New Jersey. It doesn't annoy you per se but it's just a little thing that needs to be corrected.

11/01/14 12:35 pm

It's also a VERY common thing for script kiddies (term for new people to programming or white/black hatting) to call something that.