TopsQueen October 31st, 2014 5:47pm

Congratulations to mad scientist. He is the proud papa of a baby boy. Purtee free it's going to be having some surgery soon. How has your week gone?

KatG Liberal in Ohio
11/02/14 10:35 pm

My son graduated boot camp and is now a Marine. He's home for 18 days. My Navy kid got leave to go with us, so I had all 3 of my boys together again. Plus, I got to visit Caligny Beach in Hilton Head, Savannah, Ga and Parris Island. Momma is happy.

tayen Illinois
11/01/14 10:17 pm

This week has been great. My best friend graduated from AF basic training, I spent today and yesterday at a convention, and I found out I'll be on an island next week.

susanr Colorado
11/01/14 6:32 pm

Not a good week for me except for the shopping day with the kids. I really need a life

bstokosa Connecticut
11/01/14 3:49 pm

All of this week and I'm certain every day forward the puberty bulldozer has hit our home. Our 13 year old son has taken his new privacy protocols to an extreme.

cpaswr just say the letters
11/01/14 8:59 am

I had an uncomfortable week. However, it is going to end with celebrating my son's 2nd birthday today (11/1).

ontargetlisa
10/31/14 6:12 pm

Yucky week. Started with the flu, headache so bad I couldn't recall what year it was. On Wednesday, a close friend called, she is in the hospital and lost a toe due to diabetes. Today was nice. I baked cupcakes for my T or T kids.

mac Oregon
10/31/14 4:42 pm

Good week

TierasPet
10/31/14 4:07 pm

Congratulations MadScientist.

leilu SoCal
10/31/14 3:39 pm

Studying the life of Moses and loving the lesson about the Israelites grumbling in the dessert, quite a rich lesson. I am hosing a bridal shower next week and that's all I've been focused on, I am looking forward to a beautiful party!

10/31/14 5:15 pm

We study that along time ago in a Bible study. I was amazed how they lost spirit so quickly yet of the time they did not have the indwelling Holy Spirit.

stickman46 NJ
10/31/14 1:47 pm

Great returned from Rome on Wednesday and only 14 workdays before retirement.

10/31/14 1:56 pm

Sounds like a good plan please share about your trip.

stickman46 NJ
10/31/14 2:12 pm

Great trip to Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, climb to the top of St. Peter's, saw the Pope at his Sunday noon blessing and had great food and wine. And I cannot forget the gelato.

Rosebud Ohio
10/31/14 12:46 pm

In between those two, certainly! Trick or Treat Sunday was fun. I'm also apparently on the short list for helping with office stuff (read: manager) at work. But today has been a plain terrible day for me. And been battling a strong-willed 3yo who's

Rosebud Ohio
10/31/14 12:47 pm

been big on testing boundaries lately. Plus the baby's been in a mood, testing us too. Playing dumb on things she knows.

10/31/14 12:50 pm

Oh I wish I could put my grandma angel wings on them fly over there and help you. Three-year-olds really need to know the boundaries and the consequences thereof. It might help to tell her she's acting like a little girl a two-year-old

Rosebud Ohio
10/31/14 12:53 pm

We do tell her that, actually. But she's incredibly smart, and it's tough. Especially finding the very small area between polite and mindful but not stifled or put down for being herself.

leilu SoCal
10/31/14 3:37 pm

Hugs from one mom to another! I'll be in your shoes soon enough with my son, yay.

10/31/14 3:55 pm

I'm with you, Rosebud. My youngest son turns 3 in a week. I've already begun asking, "who are you and what have you done with my charming son?" I don't know who came up with "terrible twos". It's the "threes" that you've got to watch out for!

10/31/14 5:09 pm

Ladies just wait till they turn 13. I thought the pod people had gotten hold of my daughter and sent home a monster.

10/31/14 5:15 pm

Lol! I'm in trouble! My oldest is 12. The puberty is starting. He's a moody dude.

10/31/14 5:16 pm

Boys get really brain-dead at that age. Do you want to knock on their scull to see if anybody's there.

10/31/14 5:16 pm

Rose I remember when my granddaughter was that age we would go up there she would call out grandma grandma and the most pathetic manner. But I stuck by mama.

Rosebud Ohio
10/31/14 5:18 pm

I've heard girls can get mood swings starting kindergarten age. That's way too close, but at least by puberty we'll have a bit of a warm up done!

10/31/14 5:21 pm

Actually little girl stay pretty sweet I think boys get a boost of testosterone get to be little pills around then. They jump on each other and things like that it's an eye roll age.

Bekka Just relaxing...
10/31/14 12:18 pm

I strained, possible tore, my ACL. Praying it's just a strain!

10/31/14 12:50 pm

I hope so to keep off of it if you can.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/31/14 11:54 am

Getting things ready for surgery on Friday, trying to sub as much as possible before I'm unable to work for 2 weeks or more.

10/31/14 11:59 am

Sorry I messed up your name I just noticed.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/31/14 12:00 pm

It's okay, I still love you.

10/31/14 12:01 pm

I love you too. Apparently will be in Corvallis Saturday night.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/31/14 12:05 pm

I will be at the game, freezing my tail off. We have hand warmers, foot warmers for the feet, foot warmers to put in the back pockets, and Thermacare wraps, along with a waterproof blanket to keep us warm. My mother and I are wimps in the cold.

10/31/14 12:08 pm

I got my husband that big OSU thermal blanket tent type thing a couple years ago. If I think about all, i will message you their seat numbers. I will probably be getting giggles with a seven-year-old and a bunch of kisses from a two-year-old.

Rob Be Safe Be Smart
10/31/14 11:32 am

I decided to move to Texas. Pretty big decision for me. Two months, and I'm outa here.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/31/14 11:51 am

Big step! Good luck preparing for your move!

10/31/14 11:59 am

Very happy to hear that. How are you doing personally?

10/31/14 11:29 am

This week, my son cleared his name with his peers. Miraculously, he was admitted to a great new school; especially since his doctors all said to get him out. I wrote a letter to the district authorities, detailing how his 504 plan was violated. Busy!

Wink
10/31/14 11:32 am

You're a fantastic mom!

10/31/14 12:00 pm

That's wonderful to hear. Would you care to steer the backstory on that. I know you rock as a mom

10/31/14 1:12 pm

You ladies are so sweet, thanks!! As for the backstory, last Wed., I got a call from my son's school saying that he tried to kill himself. He's a gifted 12 yr old 6th grader who has been diagnosed with anxiety, depression, & AD/HD-Impulsivity.

10/31/14 1:12 pm

He's not suicidal, though, according to his counselor & psychiatrist, with whom he meets regularly. He has a 504, to help with these issues, he hasn't needed special ed. When we moved from NC in Jan., the problems began immediately.

10/31/14 1:14 pm

I was told that 1st week that he threatened to kill himself. Then I was asked if I'd tested him for special ed, would I test him, & place him. I had, but wasn't ready to put him in sp. ed. When he didn't need it & was still adjusting from a big move.

10/31/14 1:19 pm

It went on, by valentines day, I was told that if I didn't sign papers to test him, he'd be punished. They also tried to trick me into signing, to "see how he learns". I taught special ed for 10 years though, I know that's duplicitous and violates

10/31/14 1:20 pm

his rights to protection. He spent the rest of the year roughing it out and I kept getting phone calls. His counselor had said Jr. is not her only client to have these problems with the school. Neighbors have said the same thing.

10/31/14 1:21 pm

Anyway, Monday, they asked him to sign a paper saying that he wanted to hurt himself. They wouldn't let him back to school if he didn't sign & he wanted his friends to know that he isn't nuts. He handled that well. I refused to sign the paper.

10/31/14 1:23 pm

Long backstory short, that's it. Now, the time has arrived for me to go sign the withdrawal paperwork. Yay! Now I just need to get my trouble-free cookie cutter son to join his brother at the new school. :)

10/31/14 1:53 pm

My youngest son Joel always marched to a different drummer. It's so hard to be the mother of one of those children want to protect them with all your heart. Sending you my love and prayers

10/31/14 2:48 pm

Thanks, Tops, those prayers mean a lot. :)

Wink
11/01/14 7:58 am

Ima, you amaze me. I can't believe that school! Shame on them!

Wink
10/31/14 11:08 am

New assignments at work and lots of errands/chores at home. Not a bad week by any means, but I look forward to (hopefully) the return of normal next week.
Happy Weekend, y'all! xo

10/31/14 11:25 am

You too, wink!

10/31/14 12:01 pm

A very happy of me last weekend to you.

zack1018 Ich will nach Stuttgart
10/31/14 10:54 am

Pretty relaxed week in terms of workload for classes, and I'm convinced my phone enjoys deleting my stuff just to mess with me. I lost all my music this week, so I've been in the process of getting it back little by little.

10/31/14 12:02 pm

Me that would not be very frustrating at all. For most people it would be hope you get it all back.

sojourner present
10/31/14 10:52 am

Son away at college is sad. He isn't making deep friendships as quickly as he thought he would, classes aren't going as well as he thought they would, extra curricular is not as easy to do as he thought it would be. As a mom, this kills me!

sojourner present
10/31/14 10:54 am

Daughter in HS is in the dumps about her life as well. I think there are few things worse than when your kids are hurting and there's nothing you can do about it. :-/

missmorganmarie ...
10/31/14 11:02 am

tell him to not expect deep friendships to happen. he shouldn't have that expectation or he will be disappointed. tell him to make friends and just see what happens . maybe have a study group and maybe he will make friends there.

sojourner present
10/31/14 11:19 am

I have. He knows. But in HS he had an exceptional group of friends that were/are very close. He never knew how exceptional that is until he left. And even when you know better, you can be disappointed and lonely. He'll be fine, but it hurts for now.

sojourner present
10/31/14 11:20 am

You a mom? A student? A dad? I don't remember our paths crossing before?

10/31/14 12:04 pm

I am so sorry to hear that and I so agree with you. My daughter is in a battle with her weight. One time she wants me to help her the next time she wants me to be quiet. She has had an eating disorder in the past. My heart so heavy for her.

missmorganmarie ...
10/31/14 5:17 pm

me? I used to be a student. graduated in 2011. I thought the same thing with friendships but it wasn't until I took a step back and stopped trying so hard that I started to make long lasting friendships

sojourner present
10/31/14 5:47 pm

Thanks mm, it's nice to have reassurance for what I'm telling him. You still in school? Major?

missmorganmarie ...
11/01/14 9:56 am

No i graduated 3 years ago. I work for a government contractor now but I went to school and got a BA in communication arts

missmorganmarie ...
11/01/14 9:58 am

tell him it also helps if they have movies on campus or events to ask someone in his class if they wanna go check it out then it just goes from there. or join clubs he's interested in or even start his own club if they don't offer it