sMiLeYz98 October 30th, 2014 2:10am

Watch the link. Can we ever truly stop verbal street harassment?

dventola98 CMU
10/30/14 4:22 pm

giving some one a complament isn't abuse or harassment neither is smiling. some of the guys are ass holes but that is them. this attacks all men and that's just not fair.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
10/30/14 5:01 am

I saw the video. Some of this is rude but some people just saying hello or hi is polite. We don't know who else they said hi too. Also, this was the worst of 10hrs of video? That calculates to 0.3% of her time. That's not bad in a city of millions.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/29/14 11:55 pm

Have you ever seen or heard men calling out to other men who they Do Not Know when they pass by? How about following them, pacing them, continuing to pester them for attention? Have you ever seen Women do this to Men with this level of persistence?

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
10/31/14 8:49 am

I am a man & I have been harassed (at work) by 2 different women. One would do things like call me her "man meat" & ask if I was going to take my shirt off. The other kept telling me her husband ok'd us to have sex, after I declined. It happens.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/31/14 10:08 am

I am sorry that has happened to you. It shouldn't happen to anyone- at all ever. What the video shows is street harassment. It happens to women all the time. And it's more impersonal and more demeaning and more frightening.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
10/31/14 12:18 pm

I agree. I wasn't trying to claim it was the same for me as it is would be for a woman on the street. I just don't want anyone thinking there aren't women out there who don't do this sort of thing.

Atheist A sheep amidst wolves
10/31/14 12:20 pm

Ugh I butchered my reply. I hope it makes sense. Lol

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/31/14 2:28 pm

You were completely clear :). And my guy was harassed a couple times himself so I know it happens to men as well, you should not have to deal with it.

achilles2340 Still Exploring Space
10/29/14 7:18 pm

Wait... This is harassment?
What is the world coming too...

Ok yes, a few might be classified as "harassment" but asking how someone is doing? Telling someone to have a good day? Are people really calling that harassment? That's just sad.

Casper Deep inthe Heart ofTexas
10/29/14 7:37 pm

Harassment is in the eye of the beholder.

LadyBug237 Florida
10/29/14 8:22 pm

I didn't see it as harassment either.
I feel like if she had said a simple hello or thank you it would have made those guys days.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/30/14 12:00 am

Yes, yes it is. If only because it exemplifies a level of entitlement to address women without introduction or invitation. Now, if you can demonstrate that those same men would behave the same way towards a random stranger who was male...

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/30/14 12:03 am

A woman is under no obligation to "make" anyone's day just because they throw unsolicited attention her way.

LadyBug237 Florida
10/30/14 12:41 am

I didn't say she was under any obligation. I heard nothing said to her that I thought was harassment. My opinion.

LadyBug237 Florida