DerekWills October 28th, 2014 11:55pm

Phil Collins, aside from being an amazing musician, has the biggest collection of artifacts from the Battle of the Alamo. He has just donated his entire collection to the State. Okay Governor, how do you properly thank Phil for his selfless donation?

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/29/14 9:05 am

Maybe they can put the donated items in one of their museums and name the museum's wing after him.

ScrewU Gone
10/29/14 3:33 am

Toss him a floatations device. Yes, I went there.

FacePalm That Trick Never Works
10/28/14 9:24 pm

Say Thank you and display them as Mr Collins requests.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
10/28/14 8:43 pm

Make him an Admiral in the Texas Navy. No, it's a real thing they do to honor people. I still have my Dad's Texas Navy pin - it's a replica of a uniform button from the original Texas Navy.

EarlyBird Portland
10/28/14 8:30 pm

Happy White History Month, Phil!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/29/14 5:29 am

This will definitely be hit on next year! :-)

Diogenes FreeMeBe
10/28/14 7:04 pm

I can't even imagine. Phil Collins' dedication to historic Texas memorabilia was unprecedented. To donate it is a gift from the gods! Phil Collins History Month (PCHM)!

GlockMan1 Alabama
10/28/14 6:29 pm

name a highway after him.

MrMilkdud
10/28/14 5:40 pm

Oh sure, he can donate priceless artifacts to Texas, but he can't confirm or deny whether all the urban legends about that song "in the air tonight" are true.
I'm on to you, Phil!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:47 pm

He's denied those allegations several times..... :-)

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:09 pm

To me, a letter just won't cut it. I'd like to be able to present him the Texas Distinguished Service Medal, but he must be a resident of Texas to be eligible..... (GV Title 11, Subtitle A, §3102) :-(

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:13 pm

Maybe! The State Legislature could create the Phil Collins Medal! Make it so the criteria must be the same as the TDSM, but for those who do not reside in Texas! The medallion would have the Alamo on its face! What do you think?

musiman28 Cotton country
10/28/14 5:23 pm

Sounds cool to me!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:34 pm

Rep. Harless,
I believe I came up with a great way for the State of Texas to properly thank Phil Collins for his amazing donation of artifacts from the Alamo and Texas Revolution. Seeing as how the Texas Distinguished Service Medal (not to be

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:35 pm

confused with the Lone Star Distinguished Service Medal which is only awarded to Texas Guard members) is only eligible to residents of Texas as per GV Title 11 Subtitle A § 3102, why doesn't the Legislature create the Phil Collins Medal. Word the

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:36 pm

criteria so it is similar to that of the TDSM, but only non-Texas residents are eligible for the award.

I picture the award being suspended from the same red, white, and blue ribbon as prescribed in §3102.007 for the TDSM, but change the medallion

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:37 pm

to feature the Alamo on its face and maybe some other aesthetically pleasing design or wording on the back of the medal. I know the Legislature doesn't convene again until January, but I thought that you might consider this as a way to properly

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/28/14 5:37 pm

thank Mr. Collins. Please let me know your thoughts.

Sincerely,