rebelfury76 October 28th, 2014 4:47pm

Do you stop at red lights in the crosswalk

jmw7477 Indiana
10/28/14 7:21 pm

Most of the roads I drive on don't have crosswalks. I only walk in my neighborhood (mostly only a few blocks from home). There aren't any red lights or crosswalks in my neighborhood.

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 2:03 pm

Not sure what the question is asking & it looks like people are taking it differently. Do you mean: I drive a car & obstruct the crosswalk when I stop at a red light? Or: I'm crossing a street in the crosswalk even if the light (in my direction)

Wert A picture of my junk
10/28/14 4:39 pm

I try not to. But, sometimes, at busy intersections, when making right hand turns, you often get held up in the crosswalk.

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 4:47 pm

I can understand drivers needing to do that. But as as pedestrian it's absolutely frightening to cross at a busy intersection with a car sitting there. Often I can't tell if the driver is looking the other way for oncoming traffic before they turn

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 4:49 pm

like just as the crosswalk signal comes on for me), or texting or calling on their phone & not paying attention. If I can't make eye contact, I probably won't cross (& sometimes the side windows are tinted so I can't). I've had people start to turn

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 4:51 pm

just as I stepped into the street more times than I can remember. Also if crossing a wide busy street, I may be nearing the opposite side when some asshole comes zooming into the crosswalk in the outside lane, & I'm in the middle of the traffic just

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 4:52 pm

as the light is about to change, with nowhere safe to go.

It's as if they don't see & don't care about pedestrians.

If this sounds like a rant, it is. I am put in danger every time I cross a busy street, unnecessarily, mostly by assholes.

Oboette17 Senioritis
10/28/14 2:01 pm

Well, not if I'm actually in the MIDDLE of the crosswalk...

EarlyBird Portland
10/28/14 1:35 pm

People don't?

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/28/14 1:02 pm

We have walk/don't walk signs here and can get ticketed if you cross when you're not supposed to do so.

fredd TrumpLand
10/28/14 10:11 am

I don't understand why that's so common. Perhaps even more so at stop signs, it's almost expected here.