sdbrev210 October 28th, 2014 3:30pm

The Obama administration is developing plans to bring non-US Citizens infected with Ebola to the US for treatment.

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 11:53 am

Is your statement that the Obama administration *is* planning to do this based on reports like the one from Fox News that says a Republican Congressman "claims plans may be in the pipeline" and "claims... exploring plans"? That he's heard it

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 11:55 am

from a source within the administration? Because that's not the same thing.

Any idea what kind of patients might be involved, or how many, or why?

Even Fox says "The details are sketchy, IF SUCH A PLAN EVEN EXISTS [emphasis mine]."

Think Lovin Life
10/28/14 1:34 pm

Susan ... we may never know if it's real. It may just have been a trial balloon started by either side.

The question remains, I'd it a good or bad idea?

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness
10/28/14 3:30 pm

Think typed it before I could. I stand by his response. If they end up doing it, I believe it to be ill conceived, no pun intended. Why not err on the side of community caution rather than individual convenience?

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
10/28/14 5:58 pm

By that statement, you admit the question has a possibly false premise. You should have said, "may be developing plans" or "is rumored to be developing plans." Personally, I very much doubt it!

Having said that, I voted "bad idea."

Think Lovin Life
10/28/14 7:27 pm

Grandma ... we expect more from you! Stop mincing words. Given that the assertion is yet to be validated, please answer the question.

If it's true, is it a good idea?

GrandmaALiCE Rocky Mtns aerial view
10/28/14 7:55 pm

I already answered the question. Please read the last sentence of my post above yours.

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 8:04 pm

As I said above, it's really impossible to answer without knowing more about what might be intended. Take 100 African citizens out of their environment & dump them in 20 cities here? BAD idea. Bring 2-4 infected health care workers from other

susanr Colorado
10/28/14 8:07 pm

countries here, to help them recover & probably get back to the humanitarian work they're willing to do for ALL of us: possibly a good idea. That may sound elitist, but I'm looking at it as maybe part of the BEST way to attack this disease.

Think Lovin Life
10/28/14 8:26 pm

Grandma ... my apologies. You did answer the question. Sorry!

MaxineL New Jersey
10/28/14 9:07 am

I notice this so-called report only in republican "news" media

duey in a fools paradise
10/28/14 8:41 am

Use one end of GITMO

Rosebud Ohio
10/28/14 10:38 am

Actually a great idea. Turn it into a medical treatment facility for deadly diseases. Bring in research and top drs around the world. It'll actually benefit everyone.

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness
10/28/14 3:30 pm

Best idea yet! Castro would have a cow.