DerekWills October 27th, 2014 7:56pm

At a Houston high school, some sophomore girls sent naked pictures to some boys. Some of the boys forwarded the pictures to other boys. The school is sending EVERYONE including those who didn't forward the pics to an alt school for 30 days. Approve?

statgat Hello World
10/27/14 3:14 pm

The school just needs to butt out! If students want to send naked pictures to each other, it's not the business of thee school. I'm not saying it's ok for the kids to do it, but the school should have no say in the matter!

statgat Hello World
10/28/14 8:49 am

After discussing the matter with my wife, who is an educator, I changed my answer to Yes. She said while it's not the school's business, such games could disrupt the educational environment.

chickencookie Biden Crime Syndicate
10/27/14 2:50 pm

And this will teach them what?

bethanyq Ess Eff
10/27/14 2:45 pm

I'm confused. An alt school? If someone didn't do anything wrong they shouldn't be punished, certainly.

JLA0829
10/27/14 2:06 pm

I'm assuming it's because the individuals would be considered distractions in the classroom but you're disrupting their curriculum for those 30 days and kids don't just let things die down in a measly 30 days,so it's pointless.

SFLiberal
10/27/14 1:40 pm

No, only those girls who sent the pics and the boys who forwarded them should go to the alt school.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 1:56 pm

This user is currently being ignored

SFLiberal
10/27/14 2:03 pm

It should stop at those who forwarded it. You can't blame the others for simply receiving a message. However, if it can be proven that those boys asked their friends to forward them those pics, then they should also go to the alt school.

Redacted
10/27/14 1:37 pm

How can you prove one boy asked for it and another didn't? They would all say 'but I didn't ask for the pictures.'

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 1:53 pm

This user is currently being ignored

Liberty 4,032,064
10/27/14 1:00 pm

1) What's an "alt school?"

2) Unless they were taking/sending them at school or using school-owned devices, it's none of the school's business.

susanr Colorado
10/27/14 12:59 pm

I can't really answer based on that info. They're sending, what, a whole room, a whole class, the whole school, to... where? What's the purpose of sending them there? Is it punishment, or is it an attempt to help them understand why the whole

susanr Colorado
10/27/14 1:00 pm

thing (taking nude photos, sending them, re-sending them) wasn't such a good idea? Maybe they think it's something *everyone* could benefit from, not just those who did it this time?

I just can't tell from the description.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 1:25 pm

This user is currently being ignored

susanr Colorado
10/27/14 1:28 pm

Oh, thanks. I guess I read too much into the "everyone" part of it!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
10/27/14 1:35 pm

Yeah sorry about that. If your kid got the pic, didn't ask for it, didn't send it, he's going to an alternative school.