Handstand .
10/27/14 6:22 pm

Given the choices I guess I'm pro death.

jalapeno verdadero
10/27/14 1:29 pm

Marty look, your question assumes that a fetus is a person in the same way you are a person. Although you are hard pressed to give premises that support that conclusion (realllly hard pressed), let's just grant it for the sake of argument. Are you...

jalapeno verdadero
10/27/14 1:31 pm

...prepared to then generalize that conclusion and carry it to all possible ends? Is abortion still wrong in cases of rape? What about threats to the mother? Could that be argued as self-defense? If an unborn "person" is to be protected simply...

jalapeno verdadero
10/27/14 1:32 pm

...by virtue of being a human life, without further consideration, are you repaired to draw the same conclusion for the death penalty, where it would be wrong to kill someone because they are a human? Can you forfeit your right to life? If so, why?..

jalapeno verdadero
10/27/14 1:34 pm

Lastly, are you prepared to say war is always morally wrong, because it is simply a legalized form of murder? My point being that the argument from simply being human can indeed be made, but also forces other conclusions that you must logically make,

jalapeno verdadero
10/27/14 1:36 pm

...or rethink your stance on abortion....or I guess you can be illogical, at which point your opinion can be dismissed as unimportant.

JamesOuk Cleveland
10/27/14 11:46 am

I'm for abortion but against the death penalty for some cases

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 11:08 am

Conservatives think pro-life means they can be pro-death penalty and pro-war while assuming the moral high ground because they care what a woman does with her zygote..... lol

"We need to stop being the stupid party." - bobby Jindal

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 12:14 pm

Abolitionist, you have no clue what Conservatives think because you are not one.

droo Santa Barbara
10/27/14 12:18 pm

Right. And you have no clue what Muslims, liberals, atheists, or communists think because you're not one. Logic101

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:24 pm

Drooski, is this guy listening to himself? Or is his logical reasoning just that bad ?

firefly5 the verse
10/27/14 2:21 pm

it's pretty bad. but he's not liking his own comments yet.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/27/14 2:42 pm

I was a Christian fundamentalists libertarian conservative for about twenty-eight years until I deconverted in 2008 and am not an atheist progressive liberal.

Using your "logic", Marty, can I or can't I know what conservatives think?

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 3:00 pm

Cite, I was talking to Abolitionist, not you.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/27/14 3:44 pm

So only Abo doesn't know what conservatives think because he's not a conservative?

Is this a special exception for Abo? Why can I know, but Abo can't? Or Firefly and not Abo? What makes this apply only to him?

OhTheIrony Learning from you
10/27/14 10:27 am

I just think the government shouldn't be arbiters of death.

That means they can't decide what women do with their bodies when they are pregnant. That means they don't kill people that have been convicted of crimes.

firefly5 the verse
10/27/14 11:04 am

exactly. exactly.

Rocker saved by grace
10/27/14 7:42 am

A mother should never kill her child. Period.

darthezu Philly
10/27/14 6:36 am

Completely pro-death! Pro women's choice, death penalty, and assisted medical suicide. Also I'd be interested in finding a way to make it so if you were making below a certain amount of money that you couldn't have kids. But that's not relevant.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 7:25 am

This user is currently being ignored

darthezu Philly
10/27/14 9:06 am

I don't think anyone would sign onto such an invasive method. I definitely wouldn't. I'm thinking a more workable solution would be either a birth control pill/vaccine given when people go to their doctor or a microchip implanted in women that would

darthezu Philly
10/27/14 9:07 am

block pregnancy hormones but it could be switched off.

cpaswr just say the letters
10/27/14 5:54 am

Given the specific situation, there is nothing wrong with being Pro-Life or Pro-Death

See my comments below.

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 4:58 am

Pro-Life, however, I would allow in cases of rape, incest, or if the woman will die without an abortion.

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 5:01 am

However, I support assisted suicide if the patient is in a lot of pain and signs some paperwork to allow the hospital to help the patient leave the world without being sued.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:15 pm

Cases of rape? Why not keep it consistent? Is about life or control? Because allowing abortion in cases on rape, are you not still allowing murder by your own definition?

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 12:37 pm

She was raped. If he impregnated her, I'm not going to force he to raise the son of a rapist. Especially since it wasn't consensual. Shes a victim, it didn't happen cause she was irresponsible. My argument is much more fair.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:45 pm

You're saying "murder" is fine as long as you agree the pregnancy wasn't her choice but want it banned if she chose to fuck. You're forcing women to live by your morals. If you don't support a ban of all abortions then it's about control

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:46 pm

And not life because wether she was raped or not, a fetus dies.

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 3:36 pm

So you're gonna force a woman to raise a child that she didn't even want?! That is such an irresponsible thing to do. You're an idiot. This discussion is over.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 3:44 pm

No stupid, I support abortion. You're the one acting like you're Jesus trying to save zygotes unless it's a rapists baby. You're not smart enough to see how stupid you sound when you say it's a lot life except when it's rape.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 3:44 pm

And you ended the discussion because you're started to realize how dumb you sound. Lol now go away

FarmerManE djent
10/27/14 4:31 am

Pro death is a grizzly term. Pro choice is a better option

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 12:42 pm

Is not death one of the choices in being pro-choice? What is the other option? The only other option is life. So, because I chose life, I am wrong? If you are pro-choice, then you should support life equally as death. Just keeping it real.

Pirate Uses the Tap
10/27/14 3:48 am

Pro death. Each person should be able to have a legal assisted suicide if they want to.

TierasPet
10/27/14 4:21 am

I agree.

fifeSymington Rose City
10/27/14 1:43 am

I'm pro death. I wish death on whoever originally thought this was a cute question to pose (not you specifically, OP). Because it's dumb.

droo Santa Barbara
10/27/14 12:49 am

Welcome to SOH! You'll find yourself at home with the other village idiots i.e Scotty, cowboy, Glockman, Rocker, Derek and Nema. Enjoy!

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 4:59 am

You can tell that this guy's a real class act already, can't ya.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 7:18 am

This user is currently being ignored

Rocker saved by grace
10/27/14 7:42 am

I'm honored to be on the list. Thanks Drooski!

droo Santa Barbara

#friendzoned

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 9:37 am

This user is currently being ignored

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 12:22 pm

Ok, I've been called an idiot, a loon, a quack for having a different opinion. That's mighty classy if you guys. Thanks for not judging me based upon one opinion.

KingRodney Enjoy the Decline
10/27/14 12:34 pm

I was being sarcastic when I called him a class act. I actually don't like him calling people the village idiots. (Just wanted to clear that up just in case).

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/27/14 1:49 pm

This user is currently being ignored

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/26/14 11:23 pm

Pro-choice, including giving terminal patients the choice to die with dignity on their own terms. If that makes me pro-death then I guess I am.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/26/14 9:31 pm

I'd prefer to live for a while longer, thanks. 30% want to die? Strange.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
10/26/14 8:23 pm

Quite consequently pro life, that means both against abortiin and the death penalty as well as against doctor assisted "suicide". Doctors should remember the Hippocratic oath.

KudosToYou California
10/26/14 7:53 pm

Pro-death, of idiocy.

jvc1133 61535
10/26/14 7:52 pm

Been around for a while, death don't worry me.

ButchBrewBaker Pennsyltuckey
10/26/14 7:48 pm

This is a good question. A lot of people who say they are pro-life are pro-death via death penalty.

susanr Colorado
10/26/14 6:44 pm

If this question is about abortion, the answer options don't work for me.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/26/14 7:55 pm

That's the point. You either have to be one or the other, because Pro-choice is just a nice word for murder.

jalapeno verdadero
10/26/14 11:01 pm

Assuming a fetus is a person...

firefly5 the verse
10/26/14 11:11 pm

how original. and your answer choices... brilliant! a breath of fresh air.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/26/14 11:11 pm

Marty, thank you for so quickly letting me know that you are not really worth taking seriously on SOH and that I can safely put you on ignore, as you are not going to contribute anything of value to conversations.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 4:47 am

Cite, thank you letting me know that you are so quick to judge and condemn me based upon one single reply on this app. This shows me that you not tolerant of other peoples beliefs and opinions. I respect your decision.

cpaswr just say the letters
10/27/14 5:50 am

This is a question that you can answer to fit your own narrative. See below for examples. Just think Pro-Life or Pro-Death for each category.

Babies
Politicians
Obama
Guns
Puppies

cpaswr just say the letters
10/27/14 5:52 am

Terminally ill patients wanting to die
Democrats
Republicans
Capital Punishment
Some SOH users (insert your own)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
10/27/14 6:01 am

Marty, you act as if your opinion is new and shocking.

It isn't. I've been dealing with and discussing with people from your position for a long time. "It's murder," is a conversation stopper.

Let me ask: Is there any possibility you'll change?

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 9:48 am

Cite, I have been personally dealing with this topic for over 25 years. And I mean on a personal level. So, no I will not change on my stance. You're either for life or you are for death, there is no other choice.

firefly5 the verse
10/27/14 10:02 am

you're either pro-choice or anti-choice. anyone can play this game.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/27/14 11:01 am

Or pro choice and pro birth because everyone knows once that baby is born that none of you trying to "save it" now will give two shits.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 11:10 am

Marty is probalby one of them loons that believes he's on a moral high horse because he'll protect a fetus but once it becomes a human, he'll call the woman a mooching slut if she applies for EBT.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 11:24 am

You can call it what you like, but the bottom line is that abortion is simply legalized murder of unborn children. It's a crime and should be outlawed. That's my opinion and if you don't like it, get a steppin.

firefly5 the verse
10/27/14 11:31 am

what was the point of your poll, exactly? I mean, you give two variations of one choice, have no intention of actually discussing anything, and contribute nothing new to the conversation. it's worthless, and more, it's boring.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 11:34 am

Abolitionist, that's classy. You calling someone a loon because I have a different opinion that you do. Who thinks they have the moral high horse now by judging me without personally knowing me? By the way, I don't judge people without knowing them.

firefly5 the verse
10/27/14 11:36 am

except anyone who isn't pro-life/anti-choice.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 11:42 am

Firefly, the point was to show that when a unborn child's life is in the hands of adults there are only 2 choices. Either you want the child to live or die. If you were pro-choice and chose life, you would be pro-life. Otherwise, you are pro-death.

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:11 pm

now I get it, Marty equates zygotes with being children so he thinks aborting a zygote is killing a child. He doesn't associate the zygote and/or fetus as being apart of a woman because he thinks it can survive without the woman. Hence the ignorance

Abolitionist Voice of the people
10/27/14 12:13 pm

This is the type of quack that thinks abortion should also be banned in cases of rape and incest as well because it's murder. In Marty's world, women have no right to make their own decisions about their own body because he says it's wrong.

martyJswizzle Village Idiot
10/27/14 12:16 pm

Abolitionist, an unborn child is not the body of the mother. The mother has her body, the unborn child has its body. The mother does not have a right to kill another human being that's in a different body. You obviously cannot comprehend that concept

susanr Colorado
10/27/14 12:17 pm

While I disagree with the poll creator's opinion, I'm getting kind of sick from the sort of reactions filling my notifications. Any chance folks could start another thread at the top if you feel you have to continue this?