swjboucher October 24th, 2014 12:44pm

Two police officers were attacked with an axe in a NY subway by a recent convert to Islam. Was this a terrorist attack?

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/26/14 6:06 pm

Sounds like mental instability. A real terrorist would have thought it through to inflict as many casualties, strike fear into people's hearts and make a statement. I don't see that.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/26/14 6:10 pm

I am still waiting for a suicide 'bomber' to get themselves infected with Ebola and then infect as many people as possible without giving information about who they potentially infected.

zackd
10/26/14 8:14 am

Unless it was for some kind of political purpose, no

persuader
10/24/14 11:09 pm

No. It was just an axe out of control. We need axe control!

gamerguy217
10/24/14 9:51 pm

What, we're calling standard assault terrorism now? That's kind of a slippery slope.

centexken Republic of Texas
10/24/14 9:36 pm

Liberals will now demand permits before an axe can be purchased.

spitfirejmw Alabama
10/24/14 6:30 pm

Would have to know a lot more info than "recent convert to Islam" to know if it's a terrorist attack. A recent Christian convert can still go crazy and swing an axe at cops

brenstal Florida
10/24/14 5:38 pm

To me, terrorism has to involve either a massive amount of damage or attacking our political system. This instance seems more like a lone crazy person.

fredd TrumpLand
10/24/14 4:16 pm

Nope. Just a nut job attack.

abehm09
10/24/14 4:16 pm

They are fundamentalists not terrorists. They are extremists but to be a terrorist takes more than killing someone with an axe. Maybe hate-crime but not a terrorist act in my opinion.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/24/14 12:27 pm

Probably not by motive, and certainly not in execution. The act wouldn't instill "terror" in the general population.

swjboucher Just Run
10/24/14 6:14 pm

Well the New York City police commissioner disagrees with you.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/24/14 6:44 pm

I'm even more confident now. Considering the nonsense a few years ago when some good people tried to open a mosque, I think some back east use an oddly broad definition of terrorism that also includes anything remotely tied to Islam.

chickencookie It really is
10/24/14 9:13 pm

They wanted to open up a mosque a block from WWC.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/24/14 9:27 pm

I know. But they didn't have any more to do with the WTC attack than anyone else in the city. Yet they were singled out. That is kind of what I mean when I say the definition of what is "terrorism" gets stretched pretty far there.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/26/14 7:17 pm

Yeah, and now they are holding an innocent nurse hostage with no justification whatsoever. I'm hoping she gets a good enough lawyer to take them for tens of millions, even better if she can get a few politicians locked up on civil rights charges.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
10/26/14 8:03 pm

I was surprised that she flew on public transportation so soon after exposure. Apparently the cdc signed off on it. The odd part was that the professionals are supposed to have no problem containing this thing.

NikkiKitti47
10/24/14 11:59 am

No it was just some crazy lunatic that finally snapped

ScrewU Gone
10/24/14 11:28 am

We know the guy recently converted to Islam, but we also know that a lot of what he put online involved racial hatred. Random black on white violence has been on the rise, especially since Ferguson... the media is just reluctant to report it.

ScrewU Gone
10/24/14 11:28 am

I think it could go either way. I'm leaning toward a race motive.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
10/24/14 10:49 am

Obviously "work place violence." (The new euphemism for "terrorist attack.")

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/24/14 10:22 am

Just based off the info in the question, no. Someone who is Islamic and has committed a crime isn't a terrorist just because of being Islamic.

jvc1133 61535
10/24/14 6:49 am

What's happened, we're confused PC references ?

10/24/14 6:18 am

You could have left out the "recent convert to Islam" part and My answer would remain the same. While it's true that some convert to a violent brand of Islam, the overwhelming majority do not. I don't like the connection that tries to draw.

swjboucher Just Run
10/24/14 6:42 am

You may not like it it may make you feel uncomfortable but it is a fact. And a common thread to the recent Lonewolf attacks.

10/24/14 6:46 am

Let me restate: I don't like the connection that tries to draw. Is it true in this case and others? Sure, but the larger implication is that Islam is a violent religion full of terrorists which is blatantly false. Every religion has their problems.

10/24/14 7:26 am

It is what we see with our own eyes. I have yet to hear of a Muslim group in a Western country tell Muslims not to follow what these deranged mass murdering ISIS women haters are telling their lone-wolf followers. Until then I'm going to believe my

10/24/14 7:27 am

It is cool to be so PC and inclusive though, right?

10/24/14 7:49 am

You clearly have not been listening then: many Islamic leaders have stepped out and condemned radical Islam. I'm hardly PC, but I do fight strongly against unwarranted bias. We are not judged by the actions of Anders Breivik or Westboro Baptist, so

10/24/14 7:51 am

we should be careful not to judge others by their extremist factions. Have you ever been in close contact with Muslim families? They, in general, are among the most generous and kind people I've ever met. Islamaphobia is unwarranted.

10/24/14 7:55 am

Oh BS! Whenever those 30 pathetic Westbore idiots protest more people come out to protest them then they have members. Love you libs that compare 30 people to almost 2 billion.

10/24/14 7:57 am

youtu.be/dBaTVwIJH-E
Here's how they assimilate and respect the first amendment...
Enjoy reality!

10/24/14 7:58 am

If two billion people were truly out to get America, we would cease to exist. Just think about how ridiculous that sounds, clearly not all Muslims want us dead. I'm also not a liberal, but it's a great effort. Try a news source other than Fox.

10/24/14 8:01 am

youtu.be/OrftNbVMJVo
That's because they are hundreds of years behind in technology, look what they can do when given our weapons.

10/24/14 8:03 am

Phuck your stupid Fox comment look around the world. Did I say they are all haters? Hell no but if there are wonderful muslims where are they why aren't they fighting the radicals and protesting these beheadings! Are they cowards?

10/24/14 8:14 am

Are Christians any better? How is this not inflammatory: youtu.be/DtTUuNrZkfU ? Imam speaking out against ISIS: youtu.be/KtgGDq7tbwk They exist in plenty of numbers, you just won't find this guy on Fox, it doesn't make for good TV.

10/24/14 8:19 am

I don't disagree that the Islamic community has its problems, it does. What I disagree with is an unwarranted hatred of Muslims. We only further escalate tensions this way.

10/24/14 8:21 am

One guy from Florida with his tiny band. Did they declare a Fatwa over a cartoon or book? Have they been cutting the heads off of non Christians? Did they use planes to kill 3,000 people? Get real and your stupid Fox retort makes you look bad.

10/24/14 8:22 am

They are escalating it using the weak minded in our own country, supporting their behavior is similar to what Chamberlin did with Nazi's prior to WW 2.

10/24/14 8:25 am

Haha, are the examples you cite really any better? Sure, I concede that examples of Islamic extremism are easier to find, but we're still talking about such a small fraction of the religion that's ridiculous to extrapolate it to the entire community.

10/24/14 8:25 am

What percentage of Muslims do you honestly believe want to kill you?

10/24/14 8:41 am

Hahaha! Kill me? No they just want to kill infidel's so after looking over all of these polls and knowing there are close to 2 billion Muslims world wide ummm maybe 10% or 200 million are willing to kill infidel's.

swjboucher Just Run
10/24/14 8:42 am

A conservative number would be 15 million of them.

10/24/14 9:20 am

Your citation is so much more in favor of my points than you realize. That article shows that most Muslims are incredibly concerned about the effects of extremism and that they have an overwhelmingly negative view extremist organizations.

10/24/14 9:22 am

The only chart in your favor was the suicide bombings chart, but it's very misleading. How many Christians would support suicide bombings to defend Christianity from its enemies? The key thing here is defense, which skews the results positively.

10/24/14 9:24 am

Since 15 million represents about 1% of Muslims, you're admitting that 99% are not that way. Thanks for your support!

10/24/14 9:28 am

No depending on the country there was between 15 to 30% that were willing to kill for their beliefs. I took it to 10% of 2 billion which is 200 million overall.

10/24/14 9:29 am

And by the way you say we aren't judged by Westboro yet that's exactly how you judged us.

10/24/14 9:40 am

Yes, they were willing to say that suicide bombings were justified to defend their religion. Would you not say the same for Christianity? That said nothing about attacking others in the name of your religion or to spread it.

10/24/14 9:41 am

When did I judge you like that? I'm not judging you based on the beliefs of q minority or others. My opinion of you is based entirely on the beliefs I've seen you express.

10/24/14 9:45 am

No I don't support killing others over religion only uneducated barbarians use religion like that. And ok you didn't use Westboro against me by myself but against our country, you compared radical muslims to our own idiots a total count of 30.

10/24/14 9:48 am

So you are aware we have freedom of religion, right? What was your take on Dearborn Mi? The cities run by Muslims their police, most businesses are Muslim. Think they've assimilated?

10/24/14 9:55 am

I'm thinking we Christians have done the same, but we're much more pervasive. Our God is in the Pledge of Allegiance, we fight for sanctioned prayer in school, and for some reason I can't buy alcohol on Sunday. Why can't I buy alcohol on Sunday?

10/24/14 10:27 am

Because you live in Arkansas, we can buy it here on Sunday for some reason....I bet it's all about sports teams.

10/24/14 10:30 am

Haha, it's not just Arkansas, it's a restriction in many states. In Indiana, for instance, you can't buy a car on Sunday either. It's ridiculous honestly. If you don't want to do things on Sunday then fine, but don't ban me from doing them.

10/24/14 10:32 am

I'm just using that to illustrate that the Christian community also has its violations of freedom of religion. No religion is perfect and harping on imperfections only escalated tensions.

HammeringMan Gods Away On Business
10/25/14 6:57 am

And the Godly have critical thinking on abortions, sexual activity, and indoctrination that are so pervasive they have are sold as normal.

chickencookie It really is
10/24/14 6:15 am

Canada called theirs terrorism immediately. We make deals with them.

rickvee Living the dream
10/24/14 6:19 am

The NYPD does have subway cops, this will be called "workplace violence" too...

chickencookie It really is
10/24/14 7:32 am

Rick - in June a kid was murdered in Jersey "for the cause " as was the Oklahoma beheading and these were not called terrorist attacks either. The NJ incident I don't even think most know about.

10/24/14 6:09 am

In the real actual living world where most of us live it's terrorism, in the PC world Obama and his followers reside no.

jab87
10/24/14 5:56 am

They are doing it for Isis so yes, that's why we need to eliminate Isis

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
10/24/14 5:56 am

Probably. Islamic jihad is terrorism because it seeks to bring about political change. This is the definition of terrorism. If he recently converted then there's a good chance that he did this crime for the purposes of jihad.

AbandonedAccnt Not here.
10/24/14 5:56 am

If islam wasn't what motivated his behavior then "no," it's not terrorism.

rons screw politicians
10/24/14 5:55 am

They've been told to do so by ISIS!

LadyBug237 Florida
10/24/14 5:48 am

No just a crazed lunatic.

sdbrev210 The Pursuit of Happiness