Nemacyst October 23rd, 2014 4:01pm

If Martin Luther King Junior were still alive today, do you think he would be a relevant figure of the Black Community? Why or Why Not? Discuss in comments.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
10/24/14 11:32 am

The parents who followed him would've told their kids about him and so on. And I believe he would've told Sharpton off after that idiotic Tawana Brawley incident. knocked hin down a few pegs. I hear in the 60's he didn't like Jesse Jackson too muc

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
10/24/14 11:34 am

much if I'm not mistaken. I read a good book, forgot who it was by, someone who marched with him. Maybe I'm wrong. I think it was John Lewis? I forget. I wish I remember the name of it

typetype level 2 pretty
10/24/14 10:04 am

I'm 1-2 Mexican 1/2 white. Moved from NV to TX when I was young. My mom used to put white cults my dad's white. My sister was bussed way across town to the black and Mexican school. We've been Hispanic ever since. Until they made the 2 or more/mixed

RedHale Texas
10/23/14 5:42 pm

He'd be treated exactly the same as Dr. Carson

rons screw politicians
10/23/14 1:18 pm

They would call him a republican and he'd be shunned.

duey in a fools paradise
10/23/14 1:08 pm

First off I'm not a black person but I try to put myself in others shoes. MLK, IMHO was the perfect leader his own example was powerful. Those were ugly times for races and illustrated perfectly how bigotry and hate was passed between generations.

duey in a fools paradise
10/23/14 1:12 pm

He was the rare example of a real leader and one who could cross racial boundaries and inspire both sides to be better then we were. I believe once he was assassinated black Americans saw that no matter who lead they could and would be killed.

duey in a fools paradise
10/23/14 1:17 pm

Shortly after the black community seemed to get militarized with the Black Panthers and the Black Muslims. During the 60's early 70's violence through rioting seemed to be the way to get their points across. But now today it seems that they want

duey in a fools paradise
10/23/14 1:20 pm

nothing to do with whitey or his education. I have some experience with inner city schools and its abysmal. Lack of respect, criminal activity, fighting each other and teachers no parental support for the majority. I don't know what the answers are

duey in a fools paradise
10/23/14 1:21 pm

but I believe MLK would be highly disappointed in the actions from both sides.

10/23/14 1:39 pm

typetype level 2 pretty
10/23/14 4:22 pm

OMG y'all watch wayyyy too much tv. Black panthers? Whitey's education? Racial boundaries? Black community?? Ahh!! Replace community with culture and think about what white culture is. Not a critique on either, just aspects.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/23/14 4:27 pm

Like how Mexican food is known to be spicy, or how south beach Miami is known as a party place for attractive people... Seriously it's not that serious. The only barriers that are keeping you from 'the black community' or culture or a black person is

typetype level 2 pretty
10/23/14 4:43 pm

Yourself. If you are cool with no barrier between you and blackness then chill.

duey in a fools paradise
10/24/14 5:38 am

Actually I am going by my own life experience, were you around when MLK was alive? How about when Malcolm X or Huey Newton and Bobby Seal? Were you there at a brand new magnate school when my white son was one of three total? We each have our own

duey in a fools paradise
10/24/14 5:40 am

view based on our own actual events. No matter what any white man says about the black culture we will never be right on target because we don't live it but I can be honest enough to discuss what I observe and lived personally.

duey in a fools paradise
10/24/14 5:43 am

Speaking of white culture it's all over the place, everything from the elite to white trailer trash. It's the exact same thing with every culture in this country. Which just proves we are what we want to be.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/24/14 10:04 am

typetype level 2 pretty
10/24/14 10:08 am

Yeah but those are all famous ppl and events. Yeah they had a major impact socially and perhaps for some, the individual too. But what I know about black culture is from the black guys I've dated, media, and black ppl I've met. Which isn't a lot

typetype level 2 pretty
10/24/14 10:12 am

Cuz there just weren't a lot if black ppl in my parents neighborhood, school, church, swim club, a few more in dance class. My xboyfriend& his family has problems w white ppl. But I know they'd pick MLK over Sharpton any day.

duey in a fools paradise
10/24/14 10:23 am

All those famous people are what shaped the culture, them and many more Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson even people like Trayvon Martin and the kid in Ferguson. The sad thing is we can all be/do better but so many of us take the easy way out.

jvc1133 61535
10/23/14 12:40 pm

He would lend guidance that is so missing from such as Jesse Jackson and no name.

Fungamer2817 Intriguing...
10/23/14 11:24 am

MLK Jr. was a republican. How many black republicans are relevant to the black community?

ThomasK
10/23/14 10:36 am

Gotta love all the posts from white folks about how the black community feels and thinks. Real insightful.

10/23/14 11:04 am

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/23/14 11:10 am

Gotta love the typical racist statements from george. How predictable.

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:12 am

Disprove what? Call me when you lived your life as a black American and have actual experience to support any of your judgmental opinions.

10/23/14 11:17 am

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/23/14 11:22 am

George. Try living your life like a human being and realizing the values that are beneficial to one race is beneficial to all other races and the values that are detrimental to one race are detrimental to other races.

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:25 am

Ah, so you know the values that an entire human race lives by? Feel free to enlighten me as to what those values are that the entire black community lives by. And then enlighten me with the values that the entire white community lives by. I'll wait.

10/23/14 11:29 am

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:35 am

I'm not the one claiming to understand the life experiences of another race, yet being incredibly judgmental of that race. That would be you. If all humans have shared experiences, then don't separate out the "black community". Duh.

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/23/14 11:36 am

Hard work and personal responsibility is good for all races. Holding all races to the same standard is good for all races. You liberals telling people they are not responsible for their own actions is not good for anybody of any race.

10/23/14 11:41 am

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:45 am

Ah, so now you also presume to know my intentions. So is the black president of my hospital not a member of this black community? The black investment banker that lives in my building? Please, enlighten me how they aren't "personally responsible."

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:46 am

Or is the "black community" to you only, say, the south side of Chicago or maybe some other "ghetto" you're afraid of?

10/23/14 11:47 am

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/23/14 11:52 am

George let's use your racist statement another way and see if it makes a difference to you. "Gotta love all the posts from black folks about how the white community feels and thinks. Real insightful."

ThomasK
10/23/14 11:56 am

Geez, who knew racist whites were so sensitive? Didn't know your panties were so bunched up. And feel free to post all incidences of the "black community" (whatever that is) giving paternal advice to the "white community" (also not a thing).

10/23/14 12:04 pm

ThomasK
10/23/14 12:20 pm

Haha, ah the sound of retreat. The racist white, exposed for who he is sulks away, tail tucked between his pasty, scrawny legs. Sigh. So sad :(

10/23/14 12:33 pm

ThomasK
10/23/14 12:41 pm

You keep posting racist polls, I'll be sure to call you out on it :)

10/23/14 1:20 pm

ThomasK
10/23/14 1:39 pm

I'll be back, don't you worry your pretty little head ;)

10/23/14 1:58 pm

ThomasK
10/23/14 2:09 pm

Yawn...still here :) I like it here, I think I'll stay.

10/23/14 2:48 pm

think4yourself Not a safe space
10/23/14 10:19 am

Intelligent and moral blacks don't get any positive attention by the left. MLK would probably be in the same light as people like Ben Carson, Thomas Sowell, Walter E Williams, Allen West, etc.

IamBorderPatrol North Texas
10/23/14 10:07 am

He is intelligent so of course they don't want him.

hrankta
10/23/14 9:48 am

I think he would be relevant, but I think he would distance himself from the Sharpton / Jackson types.

firefly5 the verse
10/23/14 9:34 am

he probably would, but he'd be someone else that certain members of this community would slander.

10/23/14 9:43 am

firefly5 the verse
10/23/14 12:05 pm

I mean, there are certain users here who seen to make it a point to slander anyone whose opinion doesn't match their own. it's not, "you're wrong," but, "you're a commie/fascist/whatever."

10/23/14 12:10 pm

firefly5 the verse
10/23/14 12:49 pm

of course not. and you don't need to. but there are some who understand that, and some who will blame people for it.

10/23/14 9:02 am

kougrakub
10/23/14 9:28 am

If he could maintain his leadership and presence, he would promote such ideals among his followers, not abandon his own words and the people that look up to him.

Torfin Never Behind
10/23/14 9:32 am

OR the black community would be a completely different thing today. Filled with respected leaders instead of what they have today.

kougrakub
10/23/14 9:37 am

Something of the sorts. The black leaders today are still respected, just by... Different people.

Torfin Never Behind
10/23/14 9:46 am

I mean more universally respected.