TopsQueen October 22nd, 2014 8:06pm

Several years ago we had a high school student, a very good football player. He forced himself on a girl. Our high North Bend school kicked him out. Marshfield snapped him up because he was good at sports. Which high school made the best decision?

NikkiKitti47
10/24/14 12:17 pm

This happened in my school but with a star wrestler. No school snatch him up in my area. He ended up expel

s4mm1 MD SLP
10/23/14 7:01 am

I don't know enough about his everything happened.

10/22/14 10:13 pm

I told my daughter at the time no means no no matter what the girls reputation.

Halfrikaan
10/22/14 8:24 pm

You don't want a guy like that representing your school

Rosebud Ohio
10/22/14 6:41 pm

Absolutely the school that kicked him out. I'd be incredibly uncomfortable as a student had my school accepted a kid who was kicked out of school for rape. And for football!

MannIsMe Did You Assume My Party
10/22/14 5:49 pm

We had a great player on our team too. He had sex with a lot of girls, a few parents found out and when confronted the girls claimed rape. He didn't finish high school. He went to prison his junior year. Poor kid was guilty until proven innocent.

MannIsMe Did You Assume My Party
10/22/14 5:50 pm

He only spent a couple years in prison, but for just being a stupid teenager with other stupid teenagers? Not cool at all.

10/23/14 5:39 am

I used to babysit for her youth pastor. The same thing happened to his son was in college. I cried all night long. When I saw the news article. Apparently he got the girls intoxicated and raped him. It's terrible that that's gonna follow him the

10/23/14 5:39 am

gonna follow him the rest of his life.

DuckAndCower
10/22/14 4:11 pm

"Forced himself on a girl" is a euphemism that hides the horror of what he really did. It's disgusting that a school would jump a the chance to admit a rapist. The little monster should have been prosecuted.

10/22/14 7:18 pm

Prosecuted but I think they reach the plea agreement I member I was just out raged at the time. My husband said he was a horrible person.

simplyjoyful Texas
10/22/14 7:39 pm

that's exactly what I was going to say. If a man "forces himself" on a woman he raped her. saying it that way makes it seem less threatening.

iMatter2 I Used to Love H.E.R.
10/22/14 3:52 pm

the details of the scenario are too vague. "Forced himself" on a girl how? was he convicted? etc.

10/22/14 3:09 pm

As much as my husband Ray called. He got convicted but did not serve time. He was not a nice boy and she did not have the best reputation. It's very seldom my husband dislikes young man. He thinks he pleaded out. The basic point of my pole.

10/22/14 3:10 pm

Aggressive people make the best sports players. However sometimes they get into legal trouble because they are too aggressive in an appropriate circumstances.

DuckAndCower
10/22/14 4:12 pm

And usually, they get the benefit of a community that is willing to cover for them with some kind of "boys will be boys" line.

fredd TrumpLand
10/22/14 3:05 pm

The influence of sport on schools and colleges seems to have way too many toxic overflows.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/22/14 2:36 pm

I didn't see anything about conviction, so I'd say Marshfield made the right decision for them. Not every accusation is true and we must be very, very careful not to judge a man as guilty before he is proven guilty.

10/22/14 2:46 pm

My husband knew the kid he was a total jerk. I think this is the girl that no one would believe her if she cried rape. Very sad situation. I know there was enough to kick him out of North Bend.

10/22/14 2:48 pm

My daughter was still in high school and that happened and she has 35.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
10/22/14 2:49 pm

Total jerk still doesn't equal rape conviction. Total jerk may just mean that he pissed some girl off enough for her to want to try to destroy him though. You never know is my point & I'm a strong believer in innocent until proven guilty.

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/22/14 1:34 pm

Safety and comfort of the victim and other women at school vs winning a piece of plastic at a game..your school made the right choice. I wish more people in our society saw it this way.

zack1018 Ich will nach Stuttgart
10/22/14 1:15 pm

The pride of a successful high school football season will last maybe a year or two, that girl could be traumatized for the rest of her life. I think it's pretty obvious who made the better choice.

10/22/14 2:48 pm

Thank you Zach, not only that that boy got away with something terrible. That's not good for his life either.

10/22/14 1:07 pm

I do believe we got to some legal trouble here. The girls did not have a very good reputation. That has absolutely nothing to do with what he did as far as I'm concerned. Teenagers can be very judgmental. I'm very proud of my high school kicking him

10/22/14 1:07 pm

out. I was appalled at Marshfield for being so happy to have grabbed him. He should no longer had been allowed to go to public school.

aj1545 Cat Lady
10/22/14 1:33 pm

@kermie- it is suppressing my difficult to get an arrest out of a rape accusation.

kermie gaytopia
10/22/14 1:43 pm

True enough. Not the answer I wanted to hear :/

10/22/14 2:47 pm

When Barnney gets home I will ask him. I don't think the girl had the best reputation. Girls are hesitant to come forward although there was enough there that he was kicked out of school. It's not fair at all.

10/22/14 3:10 pm

Talked to my husband when he got home reposted above.