typetype October 21st, 2014 10:36pm

Same sex marriage has benefitted both lesbians and gay men equally or patriarchal structures have helped facilitate more benefit to gay men?

typetype level 2 pretty
10/22/14 12:16 am

Benefit less like become more disadvantaged? I dint think they do either, just think they are less able to take advantageoif the expansion, particularly same sex marriage. Might not be the case. Who knows... Who knows..

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:41 pm

My guess is more male couples than female couples have been getting married. Men tend to make more money than women and women are more likely to be the primary caretaker of children.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:42 pm

maybe I'm stereotyping but seems gay men are better positioned bc men in general are less restricted than women.
Anywhoo...

theW0lf Leader of the Pack
10/21/14 4:32 pm

It hasn't benefited anyone

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:22 pm

Accountants and the wedding related businesses.

theW0lf Leader of the Pack
10/21/14 8:26 pm

And those who make the AIDS vaccine. Hmm, a disease that forms from gay sex- that HAS to set off alarms, right?

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:50 pm

You lost me there. Would they want to vaccinate against HIV, first?? Idk the whole thing is so new

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 4:29 pm

I actually think lesbians are less discriminated against because straight society doesn't view them as gross.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:34 pm

In theory maybe. Not all lesbian couples look like the girls in adult movies though. I think that's the part society is most cool with.

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 8:50 pm

True. But people tend to react to the concept as a whole. I think two average looking lesbians would be perceived en masse as more aesthetically palatable as it were, than even two super hot gay men.

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 8:50 pm

Point being if there is even any gender inequity in the gay rights movement, it would not be in favor of men.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 8:52 pm

I argue it would favor men. But what do i know, I'm just a woman. ;-) lolz

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 9:06 pm

Yeah! How are you even on SoH while baking?
But seriously though, I actually don't see any way in which lesbians are disadvantaged more than gays. I'm interested to know how you arrived at this conclusion.

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 9:39 pm

cuz women are more disadvantaged in general. *Btw didn't mean to post such a loaded poll, didn't know how to phrase it.* I'm remembering from school or maybe something I read somewhere that more lesbian women are in poverty than gay men. Too lazy

typetype level 2 pretty
10/21/14 9:44 pm

..to check right now. Oh and something about the more poor a lesbian is,the more likely she is to have kids.

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 10:39 pm

Well, I can see how they might be disadvantaged both as women and as homosexuals, but I'm not sure if I follow how that leads to them benefiting any less from the expansion of gay rights.

JJJSchmidt San Marcos
10/21/14 10:39 pm

Particularly since women and gays are disadvantaged in totally different areas.

typetype level 2 pretty