tcadez October 21st, 2014 4:03am

Hypothetical scenario: You are a 21 year old female. Your favorite band is playing in a large city 150 mi away. No one else wants to go with you because it's on a Sunday night. Would you go alone or decide to miss it?

tealheels purple brick road
10/22/14 12:33 am

I absolutely would not do it. I'd like to think I'd go for it, but in reality, I don't see any scenario where I'd go for it, I'm in my 30's. I'm glad you're going! Have a good time and get a check in app, or the new cuff bracelet thing.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
10/21/14 8:20 pm

Never go to those things solo.

In a bar w my ex (together at the time), I was with him & someone still put something in my drink. 6hrs of that night is fuzzy & that night wasn't pretty. Very sick & I didn't even finish the drink bc it tasted off.

tcadez Minnesnowta
10/22/14 11:49 pm

Oof. That is scary. So it's probably a good thing that I don't drink.

FlipFlopGirl Sic semper tyrannis
10/23/14 4:12 am

Any drink can be drugged. Doesn't have to be an alcoholic drink.

FemmeAdamWest in the Tardis library
10/21/14 9:55 am

I don't think it's a bad idea, personally I just wouldn't do it because I have bad anxiety and would want my husband or best friend with me in case I freaked out, and also going by myself just doesn't sound fun.

tcadez Minnesnowta
10/20/14 9:06 pm

OK so it's not so hypothetical for me. I've decided to go, I'm just curious if others think it's a bad idea. I have no problems going to things alone within my town. It's just the traveling a longer distance from my comfort zone that worries me.

tcadez Minnesnowta
10/20/14 9:08 pm

Not planning on drinking or anything. Just want to see the band, stay the night at a hotel (I hate traveling in the dark) and drive back in the morning.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
10/20/14 9:11 pm

I'm a firm believer in not waiting around for others when you want to try new or fun things. Just be careful and aware of your surroundings (especially at the hotel), and enjoy yourself!

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
10/20/14 9:40 pm

Be an independent woman and go see the show. If you are really worried about something happening to you, download an app that shares your GPS location with a friend for the night. But go, have fun, and meet people who share a common musical interest.

LadyA Earth Explorer
10/21/14 4:00 am

Go, have fun, and stay alert of your surroundings. Good call on staying the night. Park in a lit area, you'll be fine.