TigerShark47 October 21st, 2014 3:39am

Inspired by the 52% that voted that gender roles are a good thing, I want to know why you think this way

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/22/14 4:05 am

Not really. For plenty of people, this isn't accurate.

ethanmay Oklahoma
10/21/14 9:50 am

To me, it's simply the way that we are genetically wired. There are certain things that women are innately better at than men, and things that men are better at than women. That doesn't make one better than the other. It just makes us different.

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/21/14 1:56 pm

If that's your reasoning, then explain why I (a female) hate cooking and cleaning more than anything else, and have no desire whatsoever to ever be a mother or not have a career. This is not an isolated case either. I know plenty of women like me.

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/21/14 1:57 pm

Also, explain why men like my fiancé actually enjoy cooking (and are good at it) and are very good at cleaning. Why should either of us be held to standards that we will always fail to meet?

ethanmay Oklahoma
10/21/14 3:00 pm

Cooking and cleaning are not what I meant. Those are simply activities. I was saying people are all wired differently. And beyond that, men and women are usually wired differently, in some areas. You're fiancé and yourself are a good example of that.

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/21/14 3:26 pm

Alright. So what are some examples of how women and men are wired differently?

Holiday LA
10/21/14 6:46 pm

Ethanmay, if you fail to recognize that men and women are different, have a look here... www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269652.php and here... chipdesignmag.com/display.php?articleId=3307

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/21/14 8:54 pm

That was an interesting article. I've read a few things on that before, and to a point I can agree with it. But people don't need to be told how to act or what to do just because of their sex.

ethanmay Oklahoma
10/21/14 11:13 pm

Good articles, and that was more along the lines of what I was trying to say. By no means, in any situation, was I trying to say that men and/or women should be told what to do and how to live. That's ridiculous, and sexist.

Holiday LA
10/22/14 2:25 am

No, they don't need to be told. It comes naturally.

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/22/14 4:05 am

Not really. For plenty of people this isn't accurate.

Holiday LA
10/22/14 4:41 am

Oh, so they DO need to be told? OK

RoDe Latinus wordsus
10/23/14 11:11 pm

I think the point is our societies genders roles are not natural or inherent. I distinction- "sex" reference to biological differences, "gender" refers to cultural distinctions. Gender is a social construct, it varies from culture to culture. The

RoDe Latinus wordsus
10/23/14 11:13 pm

simple fact that gender roles vary wildly throughout the world indicate clearly they are not a natural condition. Our society creates and perpetuates gender constructs through culture. Differences between biological sexes can be said to certainly

RoDe Latinus wordsus
10/23/14 11:15 pm

influence the gender roles that various societies have created throughout time, but that doesn't signify that the construct we practice is any more natural or inherent than any other societies. Ours is certainly imperfect.

Holiday LA
10/24/14 5:39 am

Silly liberals... always overthinking, over analyzing and concocting/applying absurdity to every given situation. To the unintelligent, it comes across as sophisticated. But, it's nothing more than pompous hogwash.

RoDe Latinus wordsus
10/24/14 7:48 am

Which part of what I just said do you believe to be debatable? Skepticism is always beneficial, but active ignorance is not. Which part of my argument can I elucidate you on?