Show Of Hands October 3rd, 2012 12:00am

Ahead of tonight’s debate, which candidate do you think would better handle the economy over the next four years?

noladmo Louisiana
10/03/12 6:03 pm

Lol...I'm from the south, I don't talk like that. I think you mean his 'black' accent....I know, I know, I must be a racist now, right? I'm also from N.O., and lived through Katrina....in addition to his outright LIES about the 'stafford' money...in addition, the Feds were ready to help the day aft

bigj Milwaukee
10/03/12 5:53 pm

How do more people think Romney will handle the economy better than will actually vote for him?

noladmo Louisiana
10/03/12 5:52 pm

Hey BK, kind of like BHO's 'I've campaigned in 57 states' comment....haha

TarbashEMagic Bronx, NY
10/03/12 5:50 pm

This user is currently being ignored

Dinglberry
10/03/12 5:35 pm

the problem is that many in our country frown on success... if u make wise decisions take risk and make money doing so u must be screwing someone else out of they're $$$....thats just the way many thing now

because South Dakota
10/03/12 4:57 pm

easy question. one is a successful businessman. one is a . . . errr. . community organizer?

hapbgme
10/03/12 4:32 pm

I do have a problem with. Or see a mother with several children but they all have better clothes than my own grandchildren have and the mother is texting on her iPhone while she pays for her food of steaks and shrimp with food stamps. That is my issue

hapbgme
10/03/12 4:30 pm

mama@ if you have read any of my previous post. There is nothing wrong with needing help that is why the welfare system was created. BUT it is NOT a way of life. I know grandmother,mother and daughters live on welfare and it's all they know. They haven't even attempted to get a job. That is what

JamesMadison La Palma
10/03/12 4:14 pm

We also had Steve Jobs, well now we have no jobs either

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
10/03/12 3:38 pm

Yes!!! Social issue distractions need to take a back seat until we start paying down this debt.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
10/03/12 3:34 pm

Obummer! Lol I can make someone's name funny too. Lol!

ufgator48
10/03/12 3:22 pm

Isn't the economy the most important issue of this election?

NJ1952
10/03/12 3:18 pm

WOW, brilliant! Nice input to the discussion! Great way to represent Obama's home state!

kytoaltoky
10/03/12 2:43 pm

Yes, because Romney has done so well off-script lately! LMAO

mama3
10/03/12 2:34 pm

everyone at the bottom is a freeloader. Many genuinely do not have the $ to get by. I am for reform but have a hard time accepting that people like my parents when I was growing up should pay more than the rich.

mama3
10/03/12 2:33 pm

I feel the same way but I guess I view it with a double lens. I did grow up on welfare because even with jobs, we needed the help. As an adult, I am thankful for my parents instilling the value of education in me and a desire to do better. So I am in the top 10% now and I feel like I don't think

hapbgme
10/03/12 2:25 pm

Owner I am having a tough time doing. I welcome hard work because I don't know any other way. I was raised in that generation if you want something you work for it. I also know it's up to me to get what I need. I want freedom of choice not freebies!

hapbgme
10/03/12 2:23 pm

What I really am having problems with is the envy of wealthy people that is disguised as hate mongering. Wealthy folks, spend money. They had to have worked hard for what they have but they also create jobs. I just want to live comfortable and be able to pay my bills which as a small business

hapbgme
10/03/12 2:15 pm

What is best for our country. It's only my opinion. I voted Democrate for years but I changed my vote because our government is becoming too big and my personal choices are being taken everyday. Obama believes in socialism, I just don't believe one size fits all.

mama3
10/03/12 2:13 pm

Brrrrr- observe how I was speaking of the economy previously and am replying to someone else's comment.

hapbgme
10/03/12 2:13 pm

mama history will tell you that's because either a republican or Democrate wins. Of course you have a right to vote who you choose too, my concern is for the debt my grandchildren will be saddled with. Another 4 years of Obama I feel would collapse our economy because his agenda has nothing to do

Brrrrrrrrr
10/03/12 1:46 pm

"the word “marriage” means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word “spouse” refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife."

Sorry, marriage is already defined, you're not fighting for a right, you're fighting to change a definition

Brrrrrrrrr
10/03/12 1:45 pm

Observe how this individual is incapable of keeping social issues out of the discussion even when the question is purely economic.

mama3
10/03/12 1:29 pm

Nvr- When you are for denying people their basic rights, such as same sex marriage or the right to choose, then it's real. Whether I am affected personally or not is not the point. I do not have to vote for someone who is against what I believe in the same way you don't have to either

juiceman1601 Alton Il.
10/03/12 1:20 pm

Oh snap!! California is red!! I just about fell outta my chair!!! Lol

bnnt Los Angeles
10/03/12 12:55 pm

He did have congress for two years and instead of putting together a solid plan for growth with taxes and regulation, he chose a base for socialized healthcare, knowing Medicare and Social Security are on a fast spiral down and eating up a larger chunk of federal expenditures. Bad move!!

bman4jets
10/03/12 12:51 pm

@Brrrrrrr that's 5 words but I agree

jlevans369
10/03/12 12:43 pm

Obama might have plans. But they've all failed miserably. Romney has the right outlook on what to do. He's a businessman, and he's already seen these situations.

jlevans369
10/03/12 12:39 pm

And like Lois said...Obama IS the LEADER! It's his responsibility. If congress doesn't want to cooperate, he has to find other methods that they can agree on.

jlevans369
10/03/12 12:37 pm

Keep making that excuse? Democrats held majority of congress his first two years. That didn't do him any food

LoisRight Illinois
10/03/12 12:36 pm

Obama has failed as a leader, and you blame Congress for not following him? Please. Obama is not a victim of Congress. He's reaped what he sowed.

Brrrrrrrrr
10/03/12 12:33 pm

You don't say!!!

That was a demonstration of Biden's counting skills.

10/03/12 12:23 pm

The only part that left me scratching my head was when you said that five-word quote was four words…

Brrrrrrrrr
10/03/12 11:51 am

That was an Obama quote, by the way

Brrrrrrrrr
10/03/12 11:50 am

Any question about Obama's (and generally speaking, a libocrat's) ability to manage an economy can be put to rest with 4 words: "I actually believe in redistribution"

If this has left you scratching your head, consider the possibility that it's because you're a libocrat.

hippiedude fields of green
10/03/12 11:24 am

Let a business man deal with the business. Not a professor

10/03/12 11:22 am

This is the main issue, vote for Romney.

Wert A picture of my junk
10/03/12 11:19 am

The prez can make a budget and push economic policy, but unless Congress cooperates with his plans, the prez is pretty powerless regarding economic issues. We need a new congress more than we need a new prez. Obama's plan is fine, if Congress cooperates. Romney has no plan.

timeout Boston Strong
10/03/12 10:30 am

Wow! How original??

timeout Boston Strong
10/03/12 10:27 am

Yes that would the current one. Romney and the Republicans simply do not have a plan that makes any sense.

kateXcore Dark side of the moon
10/03/12 10:21 am

I don't think Romney will. He knows what's going on at the Fed Reserve. I think Ron Paul's 'audit the Fed' has seeped into many minds. Thankfully, Romney's is one of them.

kateXcore Dark side of the moon
10/03/12 10:19 am

I like Ron Paul too, but he's not running and I don't really like Gary Johnson. Now, I know you're intelligent (I agree with most of your posts). I know you hate Obama prob as much as I do, and I know you know Johnson really has no chance at winning. Please help us get rid of Obama!

crquinones
10/03/12 10:09 am

Romney hands down... Obama will be off the teleprompter. Hes GOT to put his foot in his mouth tonight.

10/03/12 9:56 am

You watched Wall Street the movie to many times. Bain has an 80% success rate of bringing back companies from the dead. They make more money selling a viable money making company then having to part them put.

cbbfle Nashville, TN
10/03/12 9:54 am

Duh. The successful businessman.