Show Of Hands January 11th, 2013 12:00am

Which issue do you feel more strongly about: abortion or guns?

vbranger Hillary for Prison
01/16/13 1:38 pm

The problem is, people will say "I am against abortion, but I will not tell a woman what they can & cannot do." Those same people Will say "I am against guns & they need to restrict and take them away because they kill." Well with that statement you are calling yourself a hypocrite & double standard

emily4444
01/15/13 7:41 pm

I find it comical that we are comparing these two things seeing as they both do just as much damage. A gun can kill a person. So does an abortion. Please don't comment because I don't want an argument.

staygolden
01/15/13 6:20 pm

Not to sound heartless but killing a child because of rape isn't going to changed what happen. I guess I just don't understand how it's the child's fault. perhaps they're are punishing the wrong persons instead of the child how about the offender gets punished instead. Every baby is a blessing

staygolden
01/15/13 6:07 pm

No I think someone once told me chicken eggs are actually chicken periods but they could have been lying

Coke
01/15/13 3:07 pm

BURRRRNNNN

ScrewU Gone
01/15/13 6:47 am

That's exactly the kind of selfish "me first" thinking that's taking this country right down the toilet.

Saramoni
01/14/13 8:51 pm

Not unless you are swallowing a fertilized egg. Spermatozoa are only 1/2 of the human. It takes an egg to complete the life. So your statement is false and you are an idiot!

Futurama St. Thomas Estate Fortuna
01/14/13 11:59 am

If abortion is murder than blow jobs are cannibalism.

EarlyBird Portland
01/14/13 10:26 am

Phin - I like the acorn analogy. I might use it myself.

lebneniye85
01/13/13 11:09 pm

I understand its a different person BUT it is still the mother's choice and that's all I'm saying. It's wrong, I'm against it but it's simply not mine or anybody else's business.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
01/13/13 11:00 pm

lebdenlye, the baby is not a part of the woman's body. A person is defined by his/her unique DNA, and from conception, the baby is a separate human being (with an almost even chance of being even a different SEX than the mother. "My body, my choice" simply isn't true scientifically.

Lutang
01/13/13 10:58 pm

When you eat an egg are you eating a baby chicken?

emily4444
01/13/13 7:43 pm

That's not what he/she said. They said that this is what is happening not that it is okay.

emily4444
01/13/13 7:40 pm

@persuader: thank you. I mean it. That was a great way to put it!

lebneniye85
01/13/13 5:56 pm

And when it comes to guns, criminals don't follow the law so don't even bother.

lebneniye85
01/13/13 5:55 pm

Having an abortion is not murder, it's simply terminating a pregnancy. I'm completely against abortion ( except in rape situations) but I don't have the right to tell other women wether they can have one or not. Your body, your choice.

ScrewU Gone
01/13/13 4:03 pm

I sure wish that I was allowed to kill people for my personal convenience. That would come in really handy. Where's MY "choice?"

entity Texas
01/13/13 2:58 pm

Fetus is just a name for a human at a certain developmental stage just like baby, toddler, teen, adult. It diesnt change from one species of life to another in 9 months. It starts as a human and ends up as a human. Laws impose morals everyday, if you prefer anarchy leave the US

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 2:25 pm

Any child under the age of 13 is incapable of surviving on their own. So, you are calling them parasites, too?

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 2:23 pm

So it's totally okay for women to be prostitutes, right?

Phindar
01/13/13 2:01 pm

Wow... The link even says its the life of a fetus, NOT life of an adult or citizen. As for my not having a right to an opinion, please return to your third world fundamentalist existence, and stop trying to use the government to take away women's rights.

entity Texas
01/13/13 1:42 pm

Last I checked, your not a doctor.
www.epm.org/resources/2010/Mar/8/scientists-attest-life-beginning-conception/
These are the top professionals and they all agree that life begins at conception

entity Texas
01/13/13 1:39 pm

Did you read the link? This is Harvard and U of Penn etc. talking. You aren't qualified to determine when life begins. It's not a personal question, its a scientific one. So if human life begins at conception then logic has it that its human and so it had rights.

annoyingvoice
01/13/13 1:23 pm

Forget where the original quote is from but it fits quite nicely

annoyingvoice
01/13/13 1:20 pm

Debating extremists on the topic of abortion is like trying to play chess with a pigeon; You make a well planned move it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

annoyingvoice
01/13/13 1:15 pm

Life is defined as when an organism has self sustaining functions. That is a debatable time but it sure as s**t is not at conception. You're still on that high horse. I can't argue with "I'm right because you're pro murder" Pro abortion and anti abortion if you will.

cowboy Come on, man
01/13/13 12:42 pm

Not yet. Look up "after-birth abortions". Its real.

cowboy Come on, man
01/13/13 12:40 pm

Now children are acorns? Wow...

Phindar
01/13/13 12:26 pm

Carry to term and that is a stigma she is forced to bear for months. Rape victims that carry to term, giving the child up it not, are exponentially more likely to fall into severe depression and even take their own lives. Lets think of the victim first and foremost, not the semi-life within her.

Phindar
01/13/13 12:22 pm

Life begins at the ability to sustain itself. Before that its closer to call it a parasite, as the fetus causes all kinds of debilitating effects on its host as is leaches energy and bodily materials to survive and thrive. Remove the fetus from its host and it dies. Force a rape victim to...

Phindar
01/13/13 12:17 pm

Abortion doesn't kill kids. It terminates pregnancies. An acorn isn't an oak tree, a fetus isn't a kid. Every woman has the right to the decision of what she does with her own body. She doesn't need big government telling what she HAS to do.

meeksb11
01/13/13 11:11 am

actuality if a criminal was on my street with a gun, & you were on my street with a banana, I would be more scared of you. You have your opinions I have mine. I don't think that makes me a dangerous psychopath.

meeksb11
01/13/13 11:10 am

Randfan: I think it's funny how you say I have an unrational support for murder ensuing I have an unrational support for guns. Lol when have I ever supported guns on this post? All i did was spoke against more gun laws saying they don't work. Now do I support guns? Absolutely. But in all

entity Texas
01/13/13 9:27 am

Neither do little kids but we aren't killing them. That was a bad argument.

obamaboy
01/13/13 9:00 am

Abortions killed more kids than the Connecticut shoot X 50

entity Texas
01/13/13 8:23 am

And if it is human life that begins there then it is a human, ergo it has rights

entity Texas
01/13/13 8:22 am

www.epm.org/resources/2010/Mar/8/scientists-attest-life-beginning-conception/
These are the top doctors in their field, from places like Harvard and U of Penn. Life does begin at conception

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
01/13/13 7:54 am

Relmer, it's the RAPIST who should be sentenced to death, NOTNOTNOT the innocent child. If the primary rape victim doesn't want to raise the secondary victim, she should put the baby up for adoption, not commit a heinous act herself!

rons on top of the world MA
01/13/13 7:43 am

Should kids be aborted to the age of majority?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
01/13/13 7:43 am

Kerman, if you leave a human fertilized egg alone, it will not grow to be a guinea pig. It is human because of its DNA. It is life because it continues to function and grow. And intervening to end life is murder.

rons on top of the world MA
01/13/13 7:42 am

Poorly worded question. Pro or con would require different responses.

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 7:16 am

Tell me how much you don't need a firearm whenever you get lost in the ghetto.

RandFan Headed to IPhone rehab
01/13/13 7:09 am

Meeks. It's your irrational support of murder that's offensive. Nobody NEEDS a firearm, they want them. There's a difference. You want to maintain the status quo. I want the world safer. Who has the more dangerous viewpoint?

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 6:36 am

If so, a lot of people will be disqualified from having a gun for no reason.

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 6:35 am

I realize that. But this gun control problem can evolve. Today it's those we deem insane. Next it's those deemed unfit to have a gun. Next it is everybody. Who draws the lines in these decisions? Who says: okay you you and you aren't allowed guns. Is ADD and ADHD a problem?

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 6:32 am

So, If your one year old child old child is being "Inconvenient" it'a totally okay for you to toss them into a river and kill them. Alright.

readhp1008 Hogwarts
01/13/13 6:27 am

And for future reference, making fun of something that the other party supports in an attempt to win an argument seems petty. It never helps you win and it makes you seem I'll informed and out of ideas as well.