tabbser
10/30/12 5:02 pm

Migraine about twice per year. Utterly horrible, but for me not frequent. Nothing will take the edge off mine. Every heart beat feels like my head is being stabbed. Usually last 24 hours and I'm in bed, in the dark the entire time. Usually awake the entire time.

snuzzy
10/29/12 6:48 pm

You realize you are on a thread that asks about chronic pain, right?

snuzzy
10/29/12 6:48 pm

God forbid you ever actually have the kind of pain so many people deal with daily. I hope you receive as much compassion as you give.

snuzzy
10/29/12 6:45 pm

I have arthritis in my spine that causes a lot of pain. I have frequent severe headaches from it. Dr thinks the arthritis is caused by an autoimmune disease but I haven't pursued it further yet. Testing is expensive just to find out something that can't be cured anyway.

Itabliss Hello
10/29/12 5:54 am

Yes, I have chronic pain in my neck. Nothing helps it but laying down. So normally I just deal with it.

tdaddy Kentucky
10/29/12 5:43 am

My back hurts much of the time, but it only hurts at certain times of the day, since it's not continuous I don't know if I can call it chronic.

ishady 86451132020
10/29/12 4:00 am

I have this pimple on my butt cheek that causes me pain. I'm taking OxyContin and morphine and I can't work so I'm on disability.

bluwtrman florida
10/28/12 5:52 pm

Annie-yes the stimulator did help. You have to make sure your surgeon is very good at installing them, though, I had 2 of them-the first was done by a CA doc who had only done 3 before me and it almost killed me. The second one was done by a pain management specialist who had done many-it worked.

gonk In a psychology textbook
10/28/12 1:51 pm

You all just need to relax a little bit, stop popping your pills, and try a little EFT. It's like y'all are proud of your woes.

liza8769
10/28/12 11:43 am

Peripheral neuropathy in my feet....I'm in pain 24-7 with it. Also have degeneration in my lower back that causes chronic pain but my neuropathy is worse.

babyboomer1 The flatulance express
10/28/12 9:21 am

Of that 64% who responded NO, how many are over 50? Over 60? Over 70? Get the point?

FreeBird1
10/28/12 12:01 am

Believe it or not, depression is not as fun as it sounds.

LucentInsanity Seattle
10/27/12 9:49 pm

What's worse is that most physicians won't admit it when they don't know. Instead they throw garbage diagnoses at patients, usually rheumatologic-related, like: CFS & Fibro.

bookworm995 New York
10/27/12 9:18 pm

The WebMD Pain Coach app really helps me keep track of my migraines. You can chose the type of chronic pain and symptoms, triggers, and treatment. Rate pain and overall day. This can all be turned into a graph you can email to ur doc. Really helpful

bookworm995 New York
10/27/12 9:10 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have tried lots of diets and have had 2 CT scans of my sinus' and an MRI. It runs in the family, I just seem to be getting it the worst. There are no specfic triggers. They come and go, but I usually have them everyday. Some worse than others

luluforever06
10/27/12 8:29 pm

Lets just say I'm under the age of 20 and I have such severe back pain it's hard to stand and as an athlete it is hard to continue to play so I'm a defiant YES!

Sakura-chan Reading and Writing.
10/27/12 7:42 pm

Looking at all these comments, it really makes me realize how lucky I am to be in peak condition.

anonymom Virginia
10/27/12 7:35 pm

Ugh, I'm sorry. :( I didn't even know what it was until this year when I suddenly started experiencing it. It's surprisingly painful. I wish you didn't have to suffer through it.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
10/27/12 7:19 pm

I had odd sinus issues for a few years that kept me sick for most of the time, but it sounds like that was a piece of cake compared to what you guys have.

asia
10/27/12 7:06 pm

So sorry about your disorder and the pain. I have an auto immune disorder that causes me aching in my joints but only when I'm under a great deal of stress. So I can a little bit understand how you feel and hope the medical profession can find a way to give you relief.

vaughndy7
10/27/12 7:05 pm

I also have severe depression (diagnosed) which intensifies my pain plus adds its own physical constant dull aching pains. It is a bit hard to understand how depression could cause pain unless you have gone through it, but be glad if you haven't been through it.

vaughndy7
10/27/12 7:01 pm

I am 16 and have had arthritis for the last 4 years due to an autoimmune disorder (still don't know what disorder) I am in constant pain, not to mention the fact that I am always sick with some sort of cold, flu, or any bug going around.

BAL North Carolina
10/27/12 6:42 pm

Yeah, but it'll go away after November 6th. It'll come back in 4 years though.

smokes6850
10/27/12 6:24 pm

I have Chiari Malformation which causes some severe headaches most days of the week. I'm only 30 so they are trying to treat it with medication, if that doesn't work I will most likely need surgery.

siccmade Arlington tx
10/27/12 5:48 pm

N my back, knees & shoulder. The sad part is that I'm only 26

swr
10/27/12 5:25 pm

I do suffer from severe chronic pain, yes physician diagnosed. What is interesting is the idea that chronic pain is one of the largest groups of people and is often under reported and is still a mystery on the medical world.

ScrewU Gone
10/27/12 5:17 pm

Dammit! Stole mine...

rmhermes
10/27/12 5:10 pm

Yes, I'm married

10/27/12 4:30 pm

Even if it's just to the mailbox and back.

10/27/12 4:29 pm

Thanks for the tips, Tops. :)
I use a cane when I have to. Sometimes the issues with my cervical spine cause my shoulders & arms to hurt so bad that I can't use the cane & on those days (& on every other day) I'm grateful to have such a supportive husband because he helps me walk..

qwill5 Arkansas
10/27/12 4:24 pm

Fibromyalgia and hashimotos disorder. Been dealing with it for about nine years. Pretty sad since I am not even forty yet.

10/27/12 4:18 pm

The short version for Morton's neuroma is chronic pain in the foot. If I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I am) it's basically a benign tumor or fibroid that is wrapped around some of the nerves near the middle of your foot. Because of the location it can cause major pain all over your foot.

10/27/12 4:09 pm

Maybe constant pain and constant health problems give us a different outlook on life and therefore on politics as well.

10/27/12 4:07 pm

I didn't have problems from it ever again. I hope it is the same for you and that once the treatment is over you are completely healed.
I also hope that your physical scars are healed in time.

10/27/12 4:05 pm

I had that problem with my cervical spine as a teen (caused by a car crash, though. I'm so sorry for what you suffered as a kid. How terrible) & even though the treatment with the chiropractor did hurt like hell, once it was fixed, it was fixed…

10/27/12 3:58 pm

I didn't mean to minimize your pain, 4x, btw, just share my experience. The comparison of PTSD to chronic pain, is a really good one and very insightful.
I can actually see using it in reverse too. I could see it helping to explain to people suffering some mental illnesses what we go through.

10/27/12 3:51 pm

…on top of everything else, I was diagnosed with PTSD as a result of all my health battles.
It makes wonder if either I was misdiagnosed or if an awful lot of us chronic pain sufferers could have PTSD as a result.

10/27/12 3:47 pm

How's this for fun: I got diagnosed with PTSD & the traumatic stress IS the chronic pain.
About 5 years ago I suffered one major, painful illness after another for 3 years. They all kind of lead to my current condition, so really it's never stopped.
When I started getting major anxiety problems…

10/27/12 3:37 pm

…just doesn't help, or I can't meditate to begin with. The only way I know how to describe it is that it's like the pain is eating at my brain. It can take every ounce of concentration I possess to think of what med would help, to sit up/lay down, or try not to cry or scream.

10/27/12 3:32 pm

Meditation helps me when the pain is what I'd call moderate for me, and only for a limited time. I mostly use for times like the pain is rapidly increasing, so I take a Lortab and need help getting through the 20-60 mins until it kicks in.

If the pain is beyond a certain point, meditation…

10/27/12 3:28 pm

Did the implant really help that much? I was going to get one, but insurance denied it basically saying "You have a TENS unit, you don't need the implant."... Then they denied the bill for my TENS unit.
We have the chance to get different ins. Next year, so the implant may be back on the table.

mmjman Emerald Valley
10/27/12 3:24 pm

Now most people with chronic conditions are debilitated in some form. But that has nothing to do with the definition of chronic or medical diagnosis of chronic pain.

10/27/12 3:24 pm

We actually have been looking for jobs in the medical marijuana states just because we are both so desperate for me to get any kind of relief from this pain. I take 7 different meds and worry everyday about the long-term effects.
I wish I could legally try pot just once to see if it could help me.

10/27/12 3:18 pm

I saw this as an answer to eggleton's post below, not turning a non-political question political.

Plus, on any question where there is a significant difference between the way people of the two main parties vote, it is in some way a political question. If only to guess at why there is a difference.

mmjman Emerald Valley
10/27/12 3:17 pm

Yes it is, it is mild chronic pain. Whether pain is diagnose as acute or chronic has to do with how long the pain persists. Not its severity. Some set the threshold at 6 months others at 12. Debilitating pain can be acute, and chronic pain isn't always debilitating.

10/27/12 2:40 pm

Don't really think this is considered chronic pain, but I had knee surgery and everytime it's about to rain or the weather is going to change my knee kills.

kaik12 Twin Cities, MN
10/27/12 2:23 pm

From reading these comments, a lot of people don't know what the actual definition of chronic pain is. Mild pains that last for years is not chronic. Chronic pain affects your ability to work and do necessary daily activities.

bulldog
10/27/12 1:50 pm

Yes, he's snoring on the couch while I cook dinner and do laundry.