Show Of Hands February 16th, 2012 12:00am

Congress created a multi-billion dollar fund for people who were sickened by dust from the World Trade Centers. Since no scientific linkage has (yet) been made between the dust and cancer, the program doesn't cover cancer. Should it?

jimjim44
02/29/12 4:38 am

The men and women that day did so much to help... They cleaned the whole scene and even saved some people who were buried in the rubble And then they get cancer from the ASBESTOS that was in the dust ? The least we could do is give back to them... I don't understand why they wouldn't

02/25/12 12:14 pm

I think it's disgusting to refuse 9/11 heroes any sort of medical care. They put their health on the line for our safety and we can't even pay them back in healthcare? Why don't you rednecks open your eyes? Funny how you are all for throwing billions into the war but can't help those who fight for u

Ladywv West Virginia
02/21/12 8:25 pm

And last, due to the new obamacare, that just about everyone complains about, will legally stop insurance companies from capping the plan or deny based on pre-existing conditions. Rather than judging quickly just consider why the other side may think they do. I see your point, but I stand my side

Ladywv West Virginia
02/21/12 8:20 pm

The last comment sounds snippy, and I didn't want it to. I'm trying to say those were our choices. The hurt and endangered needed medical aide so my coworkers helped the best they could, my husband joined the marines and deployed to fight for all us but especially for them.

Ladywv West Virginia
02/21/12 8:02 pm

My family and coworkers volunteered initially, my husband deployed over seas, and you nor anybody else owes me or anyone anything.

Ladywv West Virginia
02/21/12 8:00 pm

Ambergosa- if you feel that everything and everyone who states they were exposed, then please donate freely to them. I believe enough is enough. Again, I'm thankful, I'm sorry that those individuals are ill and do hope our country fully recovers. You see I was affected by 9/11.

Ladywv West Virginia
02/21/12 7:56 pm

Ambergosa you simply exhaust me. My opinion is quite simply that. Get over it. As I said, bad things happen, no I do not believe we should pay. Stop encouraging an ongoing since of entitlement. Justice is what they deserve and is what was given.

02/20/12 7:06 am

would you rather your spouse/child/parent/best friend/anyone you loved be killed by an earthquake or Charles Manson? And would you rather them die quickly or slowly and painfully? And if you picked Charles Manson, would it bother you that he gloated over your loved ones death, suffering& your grief?

Ladywv West Virginia
02/18/12 9:31 pm

How is 9-11 any different than a natural disaster that would cause injury or illness?

02/18/12 8:25 pm

I bet they breathed all that crap in on 9-11 just to get cancer so they could get some taxpayer money.

02/18/12 8:23 pm

Yeh, you know those money grubbin cancer victims. Those scoundrels.

Ladywv West Virginia
02/18/12 12:14 pm

They do deserve something. And they got it. The men who caused the terrorist attack were killed for their actions by our troops. Our military gave justice.

NYevo NY
02/18/12 9:54 am

Some people just don't give a sh-t about they're fellow countrymen, and hide behind the concept that helping is a disservice because you rob them of the chance to help themselves.

02/17/12 11:25 pm

People are idiots if they said no. >3000 innocent people died + the aftermath effects and your so naive and inhuman to say they don't deserve anything. You probably didn't know anyone who died but that still shouldn't make you say no

asstickler Michigan
02/17/12 11:25 pm

@FrankZappa - I think it's because the left I'm general thinks more, in my opinion. at least the more independent ones.

02/17/12 11:09 pm

Oh my god ladywv, your comment literally turned my stomach. I know this has nothing to do with cancer, but do you not remember the horror of that day? People choosing to jump to their death rather than burn alive in a giant jet fueled inferno? And then those that chose to go in and save whoever was

02/17/12 11:09 pm

left of their own accord are now suffering for it and you say "thanks for changing my jacked up tire, sorry you got hurt, but, you know, like shit happens but you're totally a good person that doesn't deserve it. See ya!" Sick. So sick that I am almost embarrassed for you.

02/17/12 10:51 pm

Fuck anyone who said yes, your brain is puddy in the hands of ignorance

Ladywv West Virginia
02/17/12 6:57 pm

I am very thankful of those who helped that day. But 4 example: your stranded on the side of a road and a person helped you change your tire and was injured in the process, should you have to pay for their injury? Bad things happen, often tithe least deserving, but we can't pay for everything.

02/17/12 6:16 pm

A lot of these people have no family to fall back on.

02/17/12 6:14 pm

You under 21 people who eat that far right, slash & burn everything in the budget swill, need to realize that one day your country may call on YOU, and when you put your life on the line for your fellow Americans, you're gonna wanna know you'll be taken care of if you end up in a bad way. Think!

02/17/12 6:10 pm

Look at this. Now it's 51% saying yes. The repubs are up to 40%. I accept any positive change (albeit small) as progress. Last night I was pissed @ them in a major way.

It's good to be an independent.

Now call your representative/senator and tell them to do the right thing.

FrankZappa New York
02/17/12 6:06 pm

If anyone wonders why the right gets attacked the way they do, the left doesn't organize, that makes them a harder, ideologically, target to hit. We should think about group think. That's the beauty of the right, they're all on the same page. I, for one, think that's horrible, but it wins elections.

02/17/12 5:55 pm

NOW republicans care about science?! Don't tell evolution that, it might get its feelings hurt.

FrankZappa New York
02/17/12 5:37 pm

@badgerben, thanks. Happy friggin' presidents day.

FYI, iPhone dictionary knows "friggin".

badgerben Las Vegas
02/17/12 5:17 pm

I applaud your thoughts Frank. I would suggest any search of James Zadroga will get you started. Note Jon Stewart's impact on the bill and getting out of gridlock

FrankZappa New York
02/17/12 5:13 pm

I haven't answered the budget poll, cause I don't know enough about it. I'm thinking most that answered haven't actually read enough about it and are just backing a shell of an ideology. This is our problem. We find it so easy to demonize those "others", yet we don't know enough about our own "side"

FrankZappa New York
02/17/12 5:08 pm

Honestly Gunny, they haven't driven us to this point for themselves, we overcompensate. We should agree that their attempts to help, just make us worse (sometimes). The only constant is us, we are failures. Decades of narcissism by and for the people is what makes us most like Greece.

barbearnj Dreaming of Banff
02/17/12 1:35 pm

Yes and notice the tri state is all yes.

badgerben Las Vegas
02/17/12 12:40 pm

I can't help but think of how many called NYers "not real Americans" on 9/10/01 then said "united we stand" the next day. Now it seems "I'm not gonna pay for it" is the rule of the day. Hypocrites

02/17/12 11:27 am

@mememms, the US debt goes up 3.99 billion a day. You really think this $$ set aside for these heroic Americans is going to put a dent in the debt?

Feeble attempt to pay down the debt before helping heroic Americans?

02/17/12 11:22 am

You have to be a veteran to use VA hospital services. Being a cop or a fireman doesn't qualify you.

02/17/12 11:16 am

Help these heroic Americans.

They did stuff a lot of YOU would even consider doing.

02/17/12 11:15 am

You may see higher gasoline prices than $5.50 if Israel bombs Iran this spring. I've budgeted for $7.00 gas.

02/17/12 11:13 am

Your money in the future won't buy squat. The deficit spending this country is so addicted to and the millions we send overseas daily is adding up. When you see $5.50 gasoline this summer, you going to say: "maybe Gunny was right". While the buying power of your dollar deteriorates daily.

02/17/12 11:10 am

Roybiker12. This country is already F|_|€K€d. The bastards who ran this country for the last 15 years have driven it into the ground to a point where it will never recover. We are Greece in the early stages. I've told my kids this, I don't pull any punches.
So what's a billion or 10 to help heroes?

02/17/12 11:04 am

@db4of4, the answer to your insurance question is no. Look @ your policies, terrorism, acts of war there are a boatload of exclusions that the scuzballs that run insurance companies use to deny claims.

whatabout Pennsylvania
02/17/12 10:58 am

I'm a fiscal conservative but seriously... These people deserve better from us. We can afford multiple wars and bases around the world? Cmon.

roybiker12
02/17/12 9:44 am

We borrow 0.$40 of every dollar we spend. Is this worth more debt that our children and grand children will have to pay off? When we tell them that we put them in the hole before they reached maturity, can we say it was worth the impact on their lives?

roybiker12
02/17/12 9:42 am

Since you have a limited amount of money that you can take away from people to give to other people, you simply have to ask is this where you would put it? Are there other things more critical?

jasonreed
02/17/12 9:37 am

The more I think about it, how would you know for certain that it came from the Trade center?

db4of4
02/17/12 8:24 am

The results of this voting are very unique. I've never seen a 50/50 split. And it's clear cut for dems and rep. But I need to ask why doesn't the insurance company cover them? I have and idea... People who are police, firefighters, etc qualify to use VA hospitals. We need to invest in VA anyways

02/17/12 7:55 am

ah, f*** new Yorkers they think they are so special and 911 just gave them more fuel for their special little fire. go eat a bagel and shut the f*** up.

mememms WI
02/17/12 7:21 am

Cut the fund and put it towards the national debt. That is more important.