Show Of Hands September 6th, 2011 12:00am

Are your biological parents married to each other? (or, if one or more is deceased, were they married until death)

gulfcoast
09/17/11 9:32 pm

my folks were married just months short 50 years. They died within 54 days of each other. My husband and I will be married 35 years this year. I believe in forever love!

09/13/11 10:05 pm

my parents have been married more than 50 years. :)

JAYCEE.com Florida
09/11/11 7:41 am

My parents are still married to this day

gabby123 Florida
09/11/11 7:39 am

Never knew my real father, or even his name. Mother was married 4x that I know of, 3x to one man (he died in a house fire in 1999). Engaged once and called it off just before the wedding...she was a real piece of work :(

blancchato Virginia
09/10/11 7:47 am

Unfortunately my mom found out that she was pregnant with me when she was planning to break up with my father, never married. Live with my cool mom n stepdad while the Jesus freak dad and stepmom can go... Anyways

09/10/11 3:48 am

my parents met in WWII in England...both were in the AAF.....stayed married until my mom passed away at 80 in 2003.....my father, also 80, followed her eight months later...I miss them everyday....I couldn't have asked for more loving parents.

krys
09/09/11 10:26 pm

My father divorced my druggy mother a couple months after I was born. My gparents are still married tho even tho they hate each other.

09/09/11 8:32 pm

My father ruined my Mother's life.

benbargold Massachusetts
09/09/11 8:27 pm

I am a little upset about the results
I hope that maybe our children will stay married until death
Don't run into marriage have kids and divorce
Get to know someone before you marry
And if all you notice is the body and marry their body than don't bother to even marry cause it's not going to last

09/09/11 7:59 pm

On a happy note, my husbands aunt and uncle got remarried over new years! It was an adorable pj wedding. She had a silk nightie, him a monogrammed black outfit. It was at their house.
They divorced because he had a drinking problem. He got better and they got back together! :)

09/09/11 6:22 pm

I was born to a 17 year old and given up for adoption. But no my biological mother and father weren't together after that. My adoptive parents have been together for ever

09/09/11 2:35 pm

My Boss' Mother and Father were also Brother and Sister. Plus his umbilical cord got wrapped around his throat at birth cutting off all oxygen to his brain. That's why he got into Management.

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
09/09/11 5:41 am

across Washington, Pennsylvania, and Nebraska before landing in North Carolina.

FIAT LUX!

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
09/09/11 5:39 am

In other words, 2/3 of everyone here really are atheists at heart yet not bold enough to voice their opinion. One cannot be "Born Christian" It's a life decision you make yourself. Hope that explained what you saw! Don't forget that I wasn't born here, I spent my first 9 years traveling...

FIAT2LUX On Planet Earth
09/09/11 5:38 am

@American In the Bible Belt people say they're Christians because they were born Christian. Out of everyone in the Bible Belt that say they're Christians, probably only a third really try to follow Christ's example (I'm one of those few)...

katbunny Alabama
09/08/11 2:23 am

I too was adopted. I learned that the "biologicals" were never married, but my "real" parents were married for 49 years until my Dad died. My 80 yr old Mama just remarried an 86 year old divorcee! Lol! cute, huh?! (after almost 10 years as a widow)

09/08/11 1:36 am

Wow this is not the results I expected. Seems like everyone my age has divorced parents.

AndBackDow New York
09/07/11 10:30 pm

I was adopted, I don't know my biological parents so I dunno if they were/are married.

LicensedNe North Carolina
09/07/11 9:47 pm

My parents have this opposites attract thing going on.

09/07/11 9:38 pm

Divorce is always a sad ordeal :(

notthemomm Florida
09/07/11 8:43 pm

My parents were off and on 20yrs never divorced they weren't together the last five yrs of my dads life. I'm in a long term relationship but we will not marry we share a child and rent a home I guess we are both put off from our parents messed up relationships

09/07/11 8:36 pm

My parents were married for 12 yrs. and have been divorced now going on 18 yrs. My grandparents will be celebrating 59 yrs. next week.

notthemomm Florida
09/07/11 8:34 pm

@acc if it were me I'd say 18 bc sounds like no love lost

09/07/11 8:29 pm

My parents aren't divorced legally but they don't live together and have other relationships

FearToFall what is this for
09/07/11 8:13 pm

My parents are divorced now, but they were married for 18 years. My dad had moved and lived in Florida, and he got help with his issues he was having. He's back now, though. I'm not sure when/if they plan on remarrying. It's a really complicated story, so it's hard to explain in 300 characters.

09/07/11 2:51 pm

My parents never got married to each other. My father is still on his first marriage and my mother is on her second (with a much more awesome guy)

Lowkie Alabama
09/07/11 11:34 am

My mother divorced my verbally abusive father 18 years ago after 3 years.

She's my hero.

It took me 14 years to figure out.

Mooo42Q Thats Nucking Futs
09/07/11 10:14 am

Legally married but they should have gotten divorced 10 years ago. My mom is a dick to my dad. Glad I'm more like him!

acc68 Texas
09/07/11 8:51 am

My parents were at 39 years when dad died, and all my g-parents longer than that. My father in-law is on wife #3. trick question. My wife and I are at 18 years total. We divorced after 7 years, were divorced for 8 months then re-married and are still going strong at 11 years. So is it 11 or 18?

09/07/11 8:46 am

That's not a fair question to the lesbian and homosexual crowd. A lot of times they adopt.

09/07/11 7:58 am

@American, maybe the Republicans you refer to were married to Democrats lol.

Obie
09/07/11 7:06 am

no divorces in 6 generations beyond that the records are fuzzy

09/07/11 12:47 am

My parents were married almost 30 years until my dad passed. I was married for 12 but I finalized my divorce this year. My stepson and I still are very close since my ex had full custody of him and I practically raised him with his father.

veritas1 Panda
09/07/11 12:29 am

@TH3SHUR1F. I wasn't referring to this poll. I was referring to actual census findings.

09/07/11 12:26 am

@American
Well according to the filters, Democrats are actually worse on that topic. Sorry to break it to ya.

Jzz California
09/06/11 11:43 pm

My parents just celebrated 60 years of marriage. they love each other more and more each day.

09/06/11 11:40 pm

my parents got divorced when I was two but I feel like I turned out better because of it although I constantly wish it never happened because I'm so close with both of them

matsmama Texas
09/06/11 11:21 pm

My husband's parents never married. His mom find out she was pregnant and told "good for nothing daddy" adios! She wanted better for her son. His maternal grandparents celebrated their 50th last year and his paternal gpa just passed and they were still married as well.

matsmama Texas
09/06/11 11:18 pm

My parents have been married 29 years, mom's parents 52 years, dads parents 56. All my great- grandparents were married til g-gpas passed and I still have one great-grandma alive. If he were alive it'd be 72 years this year. <3

veritas1 Panda
09/06/11 10:27 pm

I know. Sorry to make this political but you know…I'm a raging socialist.

veritas1 Panda
09/06/11 10:26 pm

Funny how republicans stress family values but they have a higher divorce rate. And I know your argument. It says PARENTS. If your parents are repubs you probably are vice versa. And I saw a piece on CNN that shows the bible belt had the highest divorce rate.

Hypocrites.

09/06/11 10:20 pm

Yes they are currently, but not for long.

swimguy Illinois
09/06/11 10:14 pm

my parents loved each other every day until my father died

09/06/11 10:12 pm

Lol Nevada....Las Vegas.... (I promise I'm not biased or anything)

09/06/11 10:05 pm

My parents have been together 47 years and still love each other. I have been married 21 years, still loving my husband.

09/06/11 10:02 pm

Cont. My parents would never have gotten along married, but I still think they are responsible for me having divorced parents. Whether it was getting into the relationship in the first place or not working out differences. The lack of guilt of divorced parents of still-young kids surprises me.