Show Of Hands November 10th, 2012 12:00am

Do you believe the explanation given (an affair) for the sudden resignation of CIA Director David Petraeus, or do you think there's more to the story? (UQ)

Progressus Tennessee
11/15/12 10:09 pm

You are not better than a truther. If this was a Republican and Democrats where doing what you were you would be calling for their heads

11/15/12 9:23 pm

Best bet is to ignore him. He'll think he's won and you won't have to watch him spew Chris Matthews talking points.

11/15/12 9:22 pm

The guy only sees what he wants and hurls personal insults and claims he is "to smart" for us (note the spelling error in claiming intellectual superiority). If you ask me I think he's a tad insecure.

11/15/12 9:22 pm

really liked Herman Cain, and volunteered for Ken Blackwell in his bid for governor of Ohio (All black guys) or that I never said the affair was part of the ALLEGED cover up.

11/15/12 9:21 pm

It's ok goalie: he doesn't even read posts in their entirety because if he did he would have known I don't like Hannity or Beck (to be honest I do like O'Reilly), years ago I supported Allen Keys in his bid for president...

GoalieGuy
11/15/12 9:05 pm

Lol...thanks for proving my point. I am an independent...Good day to you!

11/15/12 7:04 pm

goalie you are a fool. this was nothing more than an affair. you are such an uninformed pathetic human being. take your right wing conspiracy theories and shove them up your a$$.

GoalieGuy
11/15/12 3:39 pm

Progressive, I am surprised sun has put up with you as long as he/she did. Your arrogant assumptions and thuggish demeanor compounded with your severe superiority complex make me laugh. There is more to this story than we are being told, and I don't need to watch Fox News to see that. Grow up ...

11/14/12 8:29 pm

The only reason you are backing out is because I have facts and have completely destroyed your pathetic conspiracy theories that only have to do with a black man being in the white house.

11/14/12 8:27 pm

Well sun it is about time you saw that I was to smart for you and that you're god Glenn Beck Sean Hannity Bill O. Was and is wrong.

11/14/12 7:08 pm

The high road is the one less traveled and it feels so good! :-)

11/14/12 7:08 pm

It's a shame because this could be a very interesting and engaging conversation but seeing as you are just too smart for me I should gracefully back out now. It's all too clear your intellect is just too much for us simple folk. Lol

11/14/12 7:07 pm

Acting like a child who can't understand why the world does not agree with him and much less can tolerate it, will get you nowhere in life my friend.

11/14/12 7:07 pm

Hmmm, what? Sorry, I was having a riveting conversation with my shoe. Ah, yes. If you want to continue slinging personal attacks that get us nowhere, have fun doing it on your own as I will not be participating in the mud slinging. The only one getting dirty this far is yourself.

11/14/12 5:18 pm

You are showing with every comment you make that you have poor intelligence and believe what ever Fox News tells you.

Also who cares if Petraeus is testifying? I thought that was part of of the cover up? He resigned do he didn't have to testify.

Oh you conservatives grasping at straws

11/14/12 5:16 pm

Also you are the one making the comparison when you say this is some grand conspiracy and cover up but say the government can't do anything right. Pick one or the other. You can't have both.

11/14/12 5:15 pm

Didn't Eric Cantor say something in October when he knew about the affair and FBI investigation huh? Oh I guess republican Eric Cantor is part of this cover up to eh?

11/14/12 5:14 pm

There was no Benghazi scandal. There was an attack. An attack that the attackers said was because of the video. There was no cover up. No conspiracy. Nothing but an act of terror. Which the President called an act of terror right after the attacks. Also if this was some grand masterful cover up why

11/14/12 4:53 pm

PS- the "get over it" remark is so original and must have taken some time to think up in response to all that was said before. If that's all I'm going to get from you, this conversation has officially lost all appeal for me to continue. I get more from a shoe lol

11/14/12 4:48 pm

Should we really leave the investigating up to the people who could be complicit in the cover up i.e. the White House?

All that being said, whether or not Patraeus was involved in the cover up or not I do believe something isn't right. Cover up or incompetence, it isn't good.

11/14/12 4:47 pm

Despite your policy/cover up comparison, it really isn't all that hard for a politician to lie. It plain and simply needs to be investigated by as relatively bipartisan group as possible.

11/14/12 4:46 pm

The point I keep trying to bring up is the amount of liberals who, regardless of how things turn out, just can't fathom Obama being capable of messing up and then trying to hide it.

11/14/12 4:46 pm

Who cares if Patraeus is testifying? We may or may not find anything out from him. Whether or not the affair is connected to the alleged cover up remains to be seen. All I have ever said is that the timing of all this coming out during the Benghazi scandal is suspicious. Nothing more.

11/14/12 4:35 pm

How on earth can you compare making policy choices and lying to cover their butts? Please explain to me how for the second time you are attempting to connect the two and how you are attempting to put words on my mouth I have never spoken?

11/14/12 4:31 pm

You do know sun that Petraeus is testifying tomorrow? So you cover up story is nothing more than bs. It was an affair. Nothing more.

11/14/12 2:33 pm

Get over it sun. This was just an affair. Look at the time line. This is not some grand conspiracy. You conservatives 'the government can't do anything right' yet they are some how capable of some big conspiracy and cover up. You can't have it both ways.

11/14/12 2:22 pm

Don't hold your breath goldendawn lol

11/14/12 2:21 pm

Just like a liberal to shirk responsibility and assume they know it all. Lol

11/14/12 2:21 pm

Because again you know everything about anyone you talk to and apparently their relatives as well. Besides my 4 year old has better sense that to turn out like you.
I think it's funny that this is how you reply to everything I said.

Bolide
11/14/12 2:13 pm

I think you should be a little more respectful.

socialist Vermont
11/13/12 11:27 pm

any body who thinks there is more here than affair needs to be committed to a mental hospital because they are crazy.

11/13/12 7:57 pm

She will be even further left than I am. I bet you that.

11/13/12 7:55 pm

She is worth more than to spend her time putting herself in a position to be bullied by the likes of you and quite frankly sir, so am I. Anonymity is no excuse to act the way you and so many others on here act and I'm sick and tired of the way people on both sides treat each other on here.

11/13/12 7:55 pm

You are precisely the reason nothing gets done in Washington. You can sling insults all night long but know you will be debating yourself before long because I am beginning to teach my oldest daughter about people like you.

11/13/12 7:54 pm

I don't know a thing about you other than you love Obama and like to put others down when they don't conform to your thinking. Here i was thinking the democratic party was a party of tolerance. Just remember who began the personal attacks.

11/13/12 7:53 pm

Actually I don't like watching Hannity. He stretches to find things wrong with Obama which is just plain not constructive and overly partisan. I just love it how people on here assume all day long they know who they are dealing with.

11/13/12 7:38 pm

Oh you're just a dumb Sean Hannity worshipping moron who prefers to believe in lame conspiracy theories than truth. If this was some massive cover up why didn't Cantor go to the press in October? You are a pathetic fool

11/13/12 7:34 pm

not just in the Patraeus scandal, but in general with regards to Benghazi. The loyalty is not only positively blinding but very dangerous. You have obviously went through a lot of trouble typing all this out and if not responded to tonight I will do so hopefully tomorrow. Goodnight for now...

11/13/12 7:34 pm

If it was a constructive debate things might (and have historically for me) be different. I just plain and simply refuse to go back and forth with someone so close minded that it is beyond all possible realms of reason that something could possibly be amiss...

11/13/12 7:33 pm

By all means continue the timeline but be forewarned its bedtime for my kids. I'm sure there will be a midnight feeding if I don't come back after I'm done. Having 3 kids under the age of 5, I'm not going to spend all my precious free time debating a foul mouthed obamanite.

11/13/12 7:23 pm

That Defense Security Leon Panetta has referred the Allen case to the Defense Department inspector general for investigation. Allen's nomination to be commander of US European Command is put on hold.

11/13/12 7:21 pm

N ov 11 According to the Pentagon the FBI refers a case to the Defense Department involving Gen. George Allen, US commander of nato IN Afghanistan. It involves between 20, 000 and 30,000 emails between Allen and Jill Kelly
Nov 12 FBI searches Broadwell's NC home. Around midnight the Pentagon reveal

11/13/12 7:19 pm

Obama is briefed by staff on the situation later that day and meets with Petraeus in the after. Petraeus offers his resignation. Obama ask to have a day to think about it.
Nov 9 Obama accepts resignation. I Mike Morrell becomes acting director.

11/13/12 7:15 pm

Nov 6th The justice department informs Director of National Intelligence James Clapper of the investigation. Clapper calls Petraeus and urges him to resign.
Clapper tells the White House About the situation.
Nov 8 Peatrus calls National Security Advisor Tom Donlion to request a meeting with Obama.

11/13/12 7:15 pm

Is swearing really necessary? Are you really that emotionally involved?

11/13/12 7:12 pm

Of himself to Jill Kelly.
Oct 27 2012 FBI disgruntled tips House majority leader Eric Cantor about the investigation. He is told that the investigation uncovered the affair after Rep. Dave Reichart is first notified.
Oct 31 Cantors chief of staff calls the FBI chief to inform him of the call.

11/13/12 7:09 pm

Summer 2012 friend of Jill Kelly starts investigation.
July 2012 the affair between Petraeus and Broadwell ends. According to Boylan
Late summer 2012 Attorney General Eric Holder is notified.
Oct FBI agent in who started investigation is removed from case for taking and emailing shirtless pictures

11/13/12 7:04 pm

Sept 6 2011 Petraeus is soon in as CUA director.
November 2011 Petraeus claims affair started
Jan 24 2012 Broadwell biography of Petraeus is released
May 2012 Jill Kelly Tampa socialite and friend of Petraeus family begins to receive harassing emails. I she takes emails to a friend in the FBI