goalie31 June 12th, 2014 3:14am

Women's breasts are there to feed their children and if that is what they are doing it should not be a problem to not cover them in public.

vin woof
06/14/14 6:15 pm

There are times we see things that we find in pleasant. It's not that big a deal. Look away.

Torfin Never Behind
06/12/14 2:08 am

My penis is there to vacate urine from my body. Urine is sterile. It should be ok for me to whip it out and urinate in public.

geoag02 Dallas, TX
06/12/14 5:08 am

I agree. It's ok for dogs to pee outside on the grass in public parks. Why can't the guy on the other end of the leash?

madeit Houston Area
06/11/14 9:39 pm

It's a shame we have objectified woman to a point where they can't do what their breasts were designed to do without criticism. Our society has turned women into sex objects instead of encouraging them to be mothers. It's our own fault. Sickening.

madeit Houston Area
06/11/14 9:40 pm

This article was beautifully well written and surprisingly good.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/12/14 8:21 pm

that's why I used it.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/11/14 9:12 pm

Lol breastfeeding offends and SI Swimsuit doesn't.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:22 pm

quality control measures are in place for SI breasts.

they have been checked for perkiness, air brushed to perfection, inspire sexy thoughts and most important of all have no child hanging off of one.

TierasPet
06/12/14 5:46 am

LOL. That's just sad.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 8:37 pm

problem is, for a few generations now, we've been taught you shouldn't breastfeed, that it's not as good as formula. it's convenient, it's sanitary, it's the best way! it's hard and takes time to roll that thinking back.

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:02 pm

I would say breast feeding is healthier in general. I would also point out that in some cases doctors excimer against it for reasons such as medications being taken by the mother, or her health, and not the merits of the formula

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:19 pm

absolutely, I had to stop breastfeeding for a couple of weeks with my first bec of medication I was on. however, that is, I suspect, not all that common.

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:22 pm

Probably not overly common. I know I wasn't breast fed. I know it's technically possible, but I can't forsee myself having to breastfeed. I can't say I'm sad abut that either

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:25 pm

most people probably haven't been, I wasn't. and I don't think anyone should be in the business of telling anyone else how they should feed their child. it's a shame though that bec of an industry's attempt to create a market they, to an extent,

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:26 pm

ended up demonizing breastfeeding bec it was competition.

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:29 pm

I agree with you on that one. Feel free to bottle feed or breast feed. I don't really care as long as the baby is healthy and fed. But yep. Plus IMO at least, while breasts have been sexualized for a long long time, the specialization probably played

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:29 pm

Some role in this too. I mean a sexualized object being used for baby feeding?

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:34 pm

possibly, esp with the removal of it as a source of food when formula became popular. however, before formula was around, when breastfeeding was the only way to feed your baby there was no problem with over the over sexualization of breasts.

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:37 pm

True, though as you pointed out, there wasn't really an alternative. The second one came though, in sure at least some people had a subconscious thought on the filling lines "oh look. Breasts. So (insert very sexual thoughts here)! And used by

Mattwall1
06/11/14 9:37 pm

Babies? But I like them! I can't let these two mix!"

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/11/14 9:42 pm

lmao.. see! you're helping me prove formula is evil and responsible for the objectification of women. now we tick one problem off the country's to do list.

;-)

Kay41 the Midwest
06/11/14 8:33 pm

I agree completely. It is time to make breastfeeding part of mainstream life with no stigma associated with it.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
06/11/14 8:30 pm

Mi understand the purpose of women's breasts. But IMO, it's basically seeing nudity in public. No one *needs* to see that in public. For example, if you are in a restaurant, the woman should take the child to feed in the restroom. Same for a busy mall

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/11/14 8:32 pm

you go to a restaurant to eat... but a baby needs to go to were you poop to eat. That sounds like discrimination on a human being's rights.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
06/11/14 8:37 pm

I was using the resturaunt as an example. I wouldn't want to be sitting in am Applebee's or Chilis for example and look over and see a woman exposing her breasts for a feeding

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/11/14 8:38 pm

its no more exposed as when you go to the beach and see a girl exposing everything but her nipples.

JennaAwesome Book Lover
06/11/14 8:39 pm

The girl at the beach is usually covering the boobs

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/11/14 8:41 pm

and a breastfeeding mother covers everything she can... I don't see the problem. they are for feeding. its not the baby or mothers fault we sexualized them.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/11/14 8:23 pm

Loved the Pope's comments on this one!

Kay41 the Midwest
06/11/14 8:29 pm

I missed it. What did he say?

Kay41 the Midwest
06/11/14 8:31 pm

I just looked it up.... impressive!

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/11/14 8:16 pm

Via my Sister-in-law and goddaughter who were discriminated against in a restaurant.