TerryQuinn June 11th, 2014 2:30am

Do you pay for digital access to news (e.g. NY Times, Wall St Journal, etc.)?

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/12/14 6:34 pm

Paywalls are doing it wrong. They should charge subscriptions for their archives, this is the advantage they have over 'new media.' They should provide unlimited access to current articles. They can use this to drive traffic to their archives and

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
06/12/14 6:35 pm

Sell advertising. Profits on the web are all about clicks and eyeballs, not paid content.

TomM
06/12/14 5:25 pm

Yes the Wall Street Journal. I've had it for 5 years electronic only. It's great.

SmileyMoM Lab Rat Vampire
06/11/14 10:20 pm

The local newspaper. I like it much better on tablet than paper.

Pumpkin127
06/11/14 9:26 pm

I do for The Economist, but that's it

closed Lol hi
06/11/14 8:54 pm

Why just those? What about Al Jazeera and BBC? Cnn?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/14 10:27 pm

Because I prefer the truth. I'm 62 now, and I haven't got time to listen to nonsense.

closed Lol hi
06/11/14 10:31 pm

I don't mean to question the validity, I'm sure they are good at reporting. I would just suggest to not only listen to conservative news because sometimes it can put a spin on things as all heavily partisan media does

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/14 10:37 pm

Luke, I appreciate that. I do look at condensed news items from a variety of sources. I just can't listen to liberal commentary for more than just a few minutes at a time. But varied news sources are a good idea always. I'm disabled, and I sit at

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/14 10:42 pm

home 24/7/365 except for doctor visits and the occasional movie, and church on Sunday if my bedsores aren't hurting too bad. I used to watch court shows all morning and FoxNews all afternoon, but now that we have TheBlazeTV, I have it on all day.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/14 10:44 pm

Sometimes I turn to Fox at 2-3pm CST, because Shepard Smith is my favorite news anchor.

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
06/10/14 7:37 pm

No. I'm a cheapskate.

TerryQuinn Stardust
06/10/14 7:39 pm

Can't tell if I'm cheapskate or just realistic about how much money I have :)

EnderWiggin So disillusioned...
06/10/14 8:29 pm

Actually, I wish I could find the $1 an issue for the Economist again. That was well worth it. The $5 coverprice is too steep.

Bekka Just relaxing...
06/10/14 7:35 pm

Yes. One time I bought a Groupon for 12 weeks of NY Times for 99 cents. At the end of the 12 weeks I called to cancel. They offered the same deal to me again. I accepted, and we've been doing this dance for about a year now.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 7:33 pm

Not to either of them, but I do pay for digital access to my local newspaper, especially since there's no local TV station. I'd probably pay for the NYT if I could afford it.

TerryQuinn Stardust
06/10/14 7:37 pm

I'm often surprised by how much they charge. Seems like they lose a lot of customers that way, but I guess it's working for them. The NYT just launched an app that gives access to just the opinion pieces.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 7:49 pm

I saw that, but I'd want the health, tech & science sections (I think they have a science section) even more than opinions. I try to make my "free" choices per month quality choices from the links that I see, at least.