Rocker June 10th, 2014 11:46pm

I have witnessed numerous actions by the left that shows that if a woman doesn't act like a male by assuming their roles, then they are unequal. Is it inconsistent for them to believe that homosexual marriage is equal to heterosexual marriage?

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/11/14 10:31 am

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Don't try to rationalize it.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/11/14 12:06 am

Your first premise is right on target. As to your question, I'll have to think about it. :o)

kspells TheOtherOtherside
06/10/14 9:46 pm

What about heterosexual marriage between two men or two non lesbian females in a marriage?

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/10/14 6:11 pm

This question right here....THIS is why I follow you.

Hilarious...

swervin Maryland
06/10/14 5:53 pm

I don't even understand the first part of the post, but I will answer the question. All marriages (between 2 people) are equal, regardless.

06/10/14 5:21 pm

Rocker, I love a good debate, but I am at work. I can't resist though.

First of all, I don't believe the federal government should give benefits to any marriage. Now let me address the question. Homosexual marriage will never be equal to

06/10/14 5:23 pm

...heterosexual marriage just due to the the product of sex. What happens when a gay couple has sex? What happens when a heterosexual couple has unprotected sex? You can't make the two equal even if the government recognizes gay couples just based

06/10/14 5:23 pm

...on the distinction of what the two products can produce.

06/10/14 5:26 pm

Btw, no family is equal to one another. Some parents are just better than others. You can make whatever laws you want, but you will never achieve true marriage equality just because every person is different.

06/10/14 5:28 pm

Relationships* not products

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 5:28 pm

I really hate when people say that heterosexual relationships are inherently better because they can produce children.

Not only is that a cut at homosexuals, but it also is a cut to heterosexuals who are infertile.

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 5:29 pm

And I don't think you understand what people mean by marriage equality..

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:42 pm

Good points political. God recognizes heterosexual marriage and that's all that matters.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:47 pm

"What happens when a heterosexual couple has unprotected sex?"

I'm 67. Guess what happens when *I* have sex? Except, you know, sex.

Would my marriage (if I were married) be less, somehow, because no babies are going to happen? What if I'd been

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:49 pm

married, had a child at 21, went through menopause at 52, & am now 67? Would my marriage have stopped being a marriage when I was 52?

It's absurd to keep bringing up reproduction as a definer of marriage, when homosexual couples CAN and DO have

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:50 pm

children in the same ways that non-fertile heterosexual couples can and do have them - including one of them being a biological parent, including adoption.

It's just a nonsensical argument.

06/10/14 6:03 pm

Oh! Yeah I forgot to include infertile couples. They are not equal to fertile heterosexual couples just because of biology. When I mean not equal, I mean it in the same manner which is not meant to be degrading. It is just what they can and can't do.

06/10/14 6:13 pm

A boy playing baseball in a wheelchair is not equal to a Major League Baseball player just based off of production. Should we have equality in sports? That will never happen just like equal marriages. People are just not equal at anything.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 6:21 pm

Equal *rights* and *opportunities.*

Nobody's saying that couple A's marriage is exactly the same as couple B's in all details, although they can be the same in essential *qualities* - love, devotion, companionship.

Just as a wheelchair athlete

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 6:22 pm

can be the same in essential qualities as a professional major league athlete - competition, sportsmanship, drive, heart.

06/10/14 6:35 pm

Oh! We are talking about rights. I agree gays should receive 0 benefits for being gay just like straights.

06/10/14 6:39 pm

I was talking about biology. Biology did not make the relationships equal.

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 6:43 pm

By that train of though, biology makes a homosexual relationship just as "equal" as an infertile couple's relationship.

I really feel like this is just semantics.
You have some hang ups on the word "equal".

06/10/14 6:47 pm

Already said that, Haley. To the sake of this conversation, that is exactly my point.

06/10/14 6:50 pm

For*

Political, this is why we don't get on SOH at stop lights.

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 6:51 pm

But you can't just said that homosexual sex is not equal to heterosexual sex.. Because a lot of heterosexual sex can't produce babies anyways.

It seems pointless to say homosexual sex isn't equal in that sense...

06/10/14 6:55 pm

06/10/14 6:57 pm

That's right! Copying and pasting is such a nice feature for answering questions twice. Do you think you are going to get a different answer?

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 6:57 pm

The statement seems pointless then.

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 7:01 pm

Aw. I appreciate your condescending tone.
My point is that it seems meaningless to point out that they aren't equal in that way.

06/10/14 7:04 pm

Exactly my point! Equality is pointless because it will never be achieved. Of course, you phrased it so much better.

06/10/14 7:04 pm

"With that line of thinking, there is no such thing as equality. everyone has different things they can and can't do."

Well said!

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 7:07 pm

But I don't think equality is pointless.

I think it is dangerous to stop trying to look at all people as being equal. We are different, but we should look at each other as having equal worth.

It's something to strive for, anyways.

06/10/14 7:11 pm

We can strive for an equal tax rate and things of that nature, but we should not strive to be equally biology partly because it impossible for the most part.

HayleyS looking up.
06/10/14 7:12 pm

But I shouldn't think of an infertile person as being unequal to a fertile person. Just like I shouldn't think of a gay person as being unequal to a straight person.

Yeah, there are some inherent differences. But I shouldn't approach it that way.

06/10/14 7:16 pm

You should treat the person equally.

Axl752 NY
06/10/14 5:12 pm

The first part of the question is inaccurate and the comparison makes no sense at all.

Axl752 NY
06/10/14 5:17 pm

For someone who is supposedly straight, you seem to have a deep fascination with the homosexual lifestyle, as a large percentage of your questions are on that topic. Why do you think this is?

Axl752 NY
06/10/14 5:18 pm

Even your avatar is a parody of the "equals" sign for gay marriage.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:40 pm

I enjoy debating, but it is a waste of time (which explains the increasing frequency of my breaks from here). I intend for my avatar to mean that I believe Christ's way.

Axl752 NY
06/10/14 5:42 pm

But why the obsession with homosexuality?

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:07 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about in the first sentence, so there's no way I can answer the question based on that. But I don't see anything hypocritical about marriage equality in any sense, period.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:14 pm

"Below" doesn't seem to explain what you mean, at all. Maybe try some different words, or an example or two.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/10/14 5:06 pm

So, uh, what are some of your supposed examples of this? And the fact that you pointed out one side of the political spectrum is laughable. It's not an entire group of people, it is a small number of individuals.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:08 pm

I gave it in the question. Do you need a detailed description of each time I have witnessed it?

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/10/14 5:09 pm

If we are even on the same page. As I stated below, it is incomprehensible.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:11 pm

What doesn't make sense to you?

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/10/14 5:14 pm

Well, where you are trying to draw a comparison. There is no logical connection, nor can your claims be substantiated beyond isolated incidents.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:35 pm

The point is the principle applied is contradictory. In the first example, sameness = equality. In the second, sameness =/= equality.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/10/14 5:38 pm

You're trying to apply isolated incidents (which likely don't demonstrate the individual's overall beliefs) of an extreme minority to an entirely different subject which these same individuals may very well support. Where is your argument, exactly?

Krazy1 One for fun
06/10/14 4:53 pm

I have reread this a few times and I'm not sure if I'm understanding the question. :(

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/10/14 5:04 pm

There's nothing to be understood. It's incomprehensible babbling.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:06 pm

The principle that MrL fails or chooses not to recognize is that sameness = equality.

Rocker saved by grace
06/10/14 5:07 pm

My point is that it is applied to one situation, but they claim that it makes sense when disregarded in another.

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:10 pm

It sounds like you don't understand marriage equality. Or that two people of the same sex can have a loving, committed, serious, long-term relationship that is identical in every way to what two heterosexual people can have. (Don't try to use

susanr Colorado
06/10/14 5:13 pm

reproductive capacity as an argument against this unless you're willing to state that heterosexual couples who, for whatever reason, are infertile or choose not to have children also should not be/are not married, as well (speaking of hypocritical)).

Rosebud Ohio
06/11/14 11:32 am

Am I worth less than my husband because he's fertile and I am not? Am I "better" than someone whoop can't carry a baby to term? Will we be less as a couple after my husband's vasectomy?
This attempted argument is crap, top be entirely honest.