Lelouch June 8th, 2014 10:54pm

Do you only follow people on SoH that have the same views in society and politics as yourself? Or do you try to follow people of different views too?

FalloutBoy97 Ohio
06/08/14 10:29 pm

I'm a liberal, there would not be many people for me to follow if I did that. I follow people like Rebelfury76, political, and Scottydoesno, all of which are VERY far from where I am politically.

swervin Maryland
06/08/14 7:25 pm

I follow mostly conservative users, but I follow a few liberals as well. Only the ones who are fair and respectful though. If someone is going to go on a rant bashing everything that conservatives or liberals stand for, they will be unfollowed.

musiman28 Cotton country
06/08/14 6:48 pm

I follow whoever. Don't care about anything in particular. I will unfollow occasionally based on comments, mostly if they are rude or abusive.

Bekka Just relaxing...
06/08/14 6:06 pm

I like a variety of polls and people. I try to follow back. I will unfollow if answer choices become too biased (yes, & duh!) or if a person posts too many polls for me to keep up with. And I don't like bad language....

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/08/14 5:39 pm

Skarface, Aranthai, Shazam. But I ignore people who think America is just as equal to all other countries. Usually.

alynn Somewhere wonderful
06/08/14 5:38 pm

I pay almost no attention to how much they agree with me. I'd much rather have a great mix of ideology among my followers than to have a bunch of folks who think just like me.

TierasPet
06/08/14 5:14 pm

I follow just about everyone I can find.

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/08/14 4:53 pm

I follow people of different views as much or more than those of the same. It leads to more interesting discussions. That said, I follow people that are witty and clever more than either of the other two groups, for the same reason.

droo Santa Barbara
06/08/14 4:42 pm

I follow anyone who follows me, and then some. If you are witty or funny, or present well-written and/or thought-provoking arguments or polls, you'll get an immediate follow, regardless of your views.

veritas1 Panda
06/08/14 4:22 pm

I don't ONLY follow those people, but i mostly do. But that's not because of their views; I just find them to be reasonable, intelligent, thoughtful people. The fact that they're predominantly left of center is either a coincidence or a consequence.

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/08/14 4:16 pm

In case you're curious of what I do. I mostly follow people that have the same views, but I also like to follow people of different views... As long they're respectful and actually know how to have debate without labeling or insulting others.

susanr Colorado
06/08/14 4:12 pm

I follow a very wide range of people.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 4:00 pm

I follow everyone on the recommended follow list period. Whatever their views. I'm a liberal and almost nobody here agrees with me. Moreover, most view liberal as a pejorative even a profane word. Thus I follow whoever.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/08/14 4:01 pm

I try not to label people right off the bat. =)

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 4:04 pm

I self label as a liberal and having been here for years I know what people call me as a liberal and how they respond to my input and opinions. Lol. No labeling just fact.

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/08/14 4:08 pm

I sort of understand,because I personally have been noticing the larger conservative user base on here.And since I'm socially liberal,many on here just label me as a democrat even though I identify myself as an independent.Labeling has been a prob.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 4:10 pm

Lol I am a shameless democrat so that really sets people off here. Most refuse to believe I feel the way I do but hanging in.

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/08/14 4:13 pm

I personally don't care what people label themselves, but when people just become rude to others instead of having a debate it just bothers me. Since they just start calling me a socialist for agreeing on healthcare and welfare. Although I'm not. lol

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/08/14 4:13 pm

I tend to do loopty-loops back and forth across the line.

I am pro-choice, pro-gun, pro-death penalty, pro-healthcare, anti-drugs yet for abolishing all drug user confinements.

I am to conservative for liberals and to liberal for conservatives.

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/08/14 4:19 pm

Earth monkey I know how you feel. That's why I just call myself an independent since most people from either party just label me as part of the other party.

I'm pro choice, pro gun(minimum restrictions, anti ban), fiscal moderate, pro gay marriage.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 4:58 pm

I'm pro-abortion, anti-death penalty, pro-gun control, pro-ACA (Obama Care) Pro-Gay Marriage, pro-environment, Anti-Snowden, Pro-Bergdahl prison swap, anti- legal-marijuana and worst and most unforgivable pro-Obama, and Pro-Hillary.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 4:59 pm

Oh, and I'm Christian and military retired. Go figure. Lol.

Lelouch Partisan Free Zone
06/08/14 5:01 pm

See this is what I like. We seem to have different views, but none if us are arguing with each other with insults. That is enough to make me want follow others.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 5:05 pm

Thanks leloach - I feel the same way and I'm especially impressed you'd want to follow knowing what you do about my views. Lol.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/08/14 4:00 pm

I follow both.

I only stop following people who post stupid questions worth only one answer or ridiculously bias phrasing.

swervin Maryland
06/08/14 7:28 pm

LOL! I made a poll like that yesterday, but I made sure to include the reasoning in the comment section. I found the article to be funny and wanted to share with my followers. I hope I didn't lose followers because of that.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/08/14 7:35 pm

Yeah the duffleblog article. =)

That is different.