Goldiemol June 8th, 2014 1:15pm

Did/do you fit into many of the gender stereotypes for your specific gender?

PoeticPsycho
10/22/16 8:25 am

Sometimes I seem the opposite of my gender stereotypes and sometimes I fit right in. Depends on what I want to do at the moment. But all the time I am for no gender stereotypes and gender equality. As well as equality for other things like race, religion, politics, and sexuality.

FalloutBoy97 Ohio
06/09/14 9:14 pm

In some ways yes and no. I love video games but was never really into sports. I can't cook worth shit but also hate manual labor and "who is better at something useless" competitions. I don't like drama in my own life but like teen dramas on TV, etc.

InspectorSpooky Deep Underground
06/08/14 1:44 pm

I love cars and can fix about anything given a little time, also love the woods and camping. I'm pretty stereotypical around here, but I try not to hold the prejudices that others do.

06/08/14 8:54 pm

I'm guessing you are a guy, as a girl who loves those things and impress my children that the drill we own was mine first rather than their dad's I would be strange. I still can drill a straighter hole than my husband...

InspectorSpooky Deep Underground
06/08/14 9:02 pm

You guessed right, I think that means the stereotype worked? It's great to see girls who can fix stuff, some of best mechanics in the shop have been girls.

06/08/14 9:07 pm

Either the stereotype worked or those are things you are truly interested in which is fine. I love when all my children watch me knit and I hope they all learn at some point. The oldest already has learned. My son is starting to show interest.

06/08/14 9:09 pm

The youngest right now has better things to do as long as she is given some of the things I knit. I'm not sure I want to teach a 3 year old how to knit any way.

InspectorSpooky Deep Underground
06/08/14 9:23 pm

I do love those things. I did try to knit once, I made a knot. I also love cooking and yoga, perhaps a bit less proudly will dance like a maniac to 80s music.

06/08/14 9:35 pm

Lol on the dancing! We have dance parties here and love them. My goal for my children is that they follow their passions and not let anyone tell them they can or can't do something based on their gender.

InspectorSpooky Deep Underground
06/08/14 9:42 pm

That's a great way to treat your kids, I hope they will have the courage to face gender stereotypes like you've taught them.

TierasPet
06/08/14 8:53 am

I've never fit the stereotype.

06/08/14 9:14 pm

I've fit some but not most. I'm what I like to call an anomaly.

TierasPet
06/09/14 6:46 am

I believe those are good things.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
06/08/14 8:16 am

Oh yes I love to cook, sew and knit. I'm very good baker. I love to cuddle children and talk with them.

06/08/14 8:59 pm

I love to knit, sew and cook. I hate to bake. Children are my life. I can also hold my own with just about any tool you hand me. I can't clean to save my life but I try because it is important to my husband. I've got a mix as to what I like as I

06/08/14 9:02 pm

Think it should be. We purposely go to a church that has a female on the alter, have male babysitters, I take my children around male knitters because I want them to know that they need to do what makes them happy and to follow their interest.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
06/08/14 10:31 pm

I'm not a cleaner at all. I like and use a few tools. But I hate to fish. I don't like killing.

06/09/14 6:50 am

I've only done catch and release.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/08/14 7:24 am

much to my mother's chagrin, no I didn't.

and neither do my kids with the exception of vehicles. my little guy has developed a deep fascination for all moving things whereas my daughter was never interested outside a moment with a really cool toy.

06/08/14 7:48 am

I was my dad's "boy". I loved working on the car with him. I've never been good at baking or house cleaning. My children are just that children.

Pirate Uses the Tap
06/08/14 7:23 am

No, I don't play the macho games. I'm just regular.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/08/14 6:39 am

Nope, not at all. I fit into very, very few of them, and I ignore their existence, really.

06/08/14 7:02 am

I hate them personally. I don't fit into many either.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/08/14 7:12 am

I am so heavily against them. They're just ridiculous.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/08/14 6:49 am

I've experienced this with my son.

06/08/14 7:03 am

Or I mean what have you experienced.

cpaswr just say the letters
06/08/14 7:22 am

He is guilty of almost all of them. He likes to play in dirt. He scared himself once by farting. He thinks the most dangerous option is the best option. We are going through lots of clothes. Thank you mom for giving us lots of free clothes.

06/08/14 7:49 am

My youngest daughter is by far my most wildest!