FitForAKing June 7th, 2014 6:48pm

Should the US government grant immunity to Edward Snowden?

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 12:29 pm

No: Clearly Snowden is a traitor to his country and has taken secrets and shared them with our enemies. Whatever his intention he violated his oath of service and non-disclosure far beyond reason. I'd like to see a spy swap to get him back and place

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 12:33 pm

him in prison for life. I don't believe in the death penalty but if I did he would get it. I'm not speaking vigilantism here I'm talking tried under military rules and imprisoned for life. He admitted in his interview that he was a trained US

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 12:33 pm

Intelligence Officer - a spy if you will. Totally guilty not a hero.

FitForAKing Dark Skies Ahead
06/07/14 10:42 pm

What about the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989? An agency would violate this act if they take hostile action against a federal employee who disclosed information. Although this case, I wouldn't know if he falls under legal permission for this.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 10:53 pm

Whistle blower act does not apply to disclosure of national security information.

FitForAKing Dark Skies Ahead
06/07/14 11:04 pm

It protects whistleblowers who disclose any sensitive information on agencies such as their involvement in certain ops, monitoring habits. Wouldn't this be the case for Snowden when he revealed the NSA's secrets and large spying network? I'm not sure

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 11:10 pm

He revealed classified national security information for which he signed a nondisclosure agreement not to reveal. Even he admits that so the fact that he revealed classified information is not in question even by him.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 11:14 pm

Also, the following link should provide insight regarding whistle blower protection for National Security Information; Obama is trying to offer that protection although congress did not. Perhaps that will get him credit from conservatives see link:

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/07/14 11:54 am

I don't know, there's too much that's classified to know the truth about that situation as well