jalapeno June 7th, 2014 2:26am

There have been allegations in recent years that Navy SEAL Teams were deployed to the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and that they killed an estimated 30 US citizens on that deployment. Do you think the US Gov would sanction this sort of thing?

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/07/14 3:15 pm

I thins it's conspiracy nonsense.

jalapeno verdadero
06/08/14 5:39 am

I mean, it seems to have evidence in favor of being true. Reports on SOFREP and some old Fox broadcasts indicate that SEALs were atleast deployed on domestic soil. It was martial law, though, and I can't verify the killings very well.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 10:17 pm

I believe if the Seals were deployed it was for search and rescue operations or damage assessment. Any law enforcement duties by federal resources are restricted by the Posse Comitatus Act who's is generally handled by National Guard personnel not

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 10:20 pm

federal troops. Check out this link.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act. Indeed there were numerous federal troops on the ground from all services. Also, the Coast Guard has law enforcement authority not limited fully by The act.

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 10:22 pm

I do not believe any Americans were killed by federal troops. You simply cannot keep that kind if thing quiet - the troops themselves would have told. Military folks including Seals are not heartless automatons especially when facing American

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 10:26 pm

citizens. I respect your view and concern I just don't believe it happened and I am a democrat liberal - still I don't believe even Bush would have done that. Marshall law does not mean there are no rules and Chaos rules. Anyway - just trying to

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/08/14 10:26 pm

Support a different view.

jalapeno verdadero
06/13/14 9:53 pm

That's a good point

Pirate Uses the Tap
06/06/14 7:40 pm

I'll have to read up on that.

Praetorianus Fair enough.
06/06/14 7:31 pm

Sure. In emergencies like this, martial law can be declared and looters will be shot. I don't condone it, but that's how it is.