itsOkay June 6th, 2014 5:16pm

What useful purpose does the Republican Party serve, exactly?

06/07/14 2:18 pm

MJ- I'm sorry if my comment offended you.

06/07/14 2:19 pm

I don't think I took it as seriously as you did.

06/07/14 2:22 pm

EB it's not much you and I'm not mad at you. It's the fact that you tried to defend the comment. Especial when Rob jumped it. Sex Scandals have no partisanship and both parties have had their share of horrible defenses. The GOP is constantly…

06/07/14 2:24 pm

Attacked by people, which some of it is fair, it's just when one person does something and they blame the whole party or when the party isn't at fault, but when they get blamed for stuff that isn't their fault I get upset. Does it look like Rob was…

06/07/14 2:25 pm

Kidding? No, not at all. He also tried to defend what you said as true. You may have been joking, but other don't joke as much.

06/07/14 2:33 pm

I do mean what I said about Republicans having more colorful scandals because they stand for the family unit and religion. That alone makes the scandals more scandalous.
Dems have them too but this poll asked about Republicans.

06/07/14 2:33 pm

I think it's all Okies fault for posting this poll. :-)

06/07/14 2:35 pm

Maybe, but dems, reps, doesn't matter. They all advocate against sexual scandals. I understand it's more hypocritical, but to say something about republicans should be something special to the party, which sexual scandals are not.

06/07/14 2:37 pm

Ok, I agree with that.

06/07/14 3:27 pm

This....is Rob jumping in. I was already in the thread when you came in your waaahmbulance. Don't go to a different spot and bring up my name and not expect me to show up. 3G said it best, the Rep are more sensational because of hypocrisy, period.

suppressedID IMEACH BIDEN
06/07/14 7:03 am

A place for the old people to complain about all the things they hate.

Bulldog74 California
06/07/14 2:53 am

They keep the democrats and liberals from completely bankrupting us, completely dismantling our military and turning our country into a communist nation.

06/07/14 1:20 pm

Good answer. ⬆️

htcbump Florida
06/06/14 8:32 pm

Republicans are far less harmful than progressives IMHO.

XposeBarak Out There
06/07/14 10:56 am

So r u telling me there r no progressive republicans?

htcbump Florida
06/07/14 6:17 pm

It's seems to me the people that call themselves progressive, like the Daily Kos, hate Republicans. I am sure there are a few, however. Cannot name one.

kc10
06/06/14 7:28 pm

Shows everyone how NOT to act...

06/06/14 7:28 pm

Ya, fight them libocrats!

GlockMan1 Alabama
06/06/14 5:52 pm

Without the Republican Party, you would have never had Abraham Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation.

htcbump Florida
06/06/14 8:30 pm

The Civil Rights Act was passed by REPUBLICAN CONGRESS.

GreatGatz DMV
06/06/14 5:41 pm

Their socially conservative platform...

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 4:40 pm

Every yin needs a yong.

No wait that's yang.

I guess they are useless.

It is always good to have a ready example of what NOT to do.

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 4:50 pm

As a fellow member of the Navy, I am gravely disappointed that you think that. I know you were around during the Enlisted Retention Board fiasco. They forced out a lot of good 1st and 2nd classes for no reason. Do you think republicans did that?

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 4:58 pm

You are mistaken in your belief that I like either of the two major parties.

One holds you down and tells you what to do while the other gives you just enough to form a dependency on them.

Republicrats are two snakes from the same hole.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 5:00 pm

The ERB process was retarded. What they should do is eval punks as pinks and kick out the lousy Sailors.

I watched a GSM2 cry in front of my entire ship. I'll never forget his words, "I have to leave...because the Navy doesn't want me anymore."

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 5:03 pm

Wells didn't deserve that and there are many more that I would have traded to keep him in.

I'd rather have one dude that cares about his job than 3 punks that don't.

That 10% of a command that takes 90% of your time.

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 5:06 pm

That is my point. They slashed jobs across the board with little to no reason. It didn't serve it's intended "purpose" either, because those sales rates that were overmanned then, are overmanned now. It was awful to ruin those lives for no reason.

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 5:14 pm

But as long as "military spending" was cut, the liberals are happy. They don't have a clue what the real issues are, as long as less is spent on the military. BTW, I'm ET1 (select), what's your rate?

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 5:23 pm

FC1. AEGIS.

Yeah if we could the amount we pay for circuit cards and other parts to go down to just 2 or 3 times the base price we would reduce spending tremendously.

BUT...the politicians get their cut in one way or another.

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 5:26 pm

So true. I used to work on the STARS system and when a hard drive broke, we had to order a whole new computer. The cheapest ones cost 4,000. I could have replaced the HD for far less.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/06/14 5:29 pm

There are parts of the SPY radar that could be fixed for $3 but the manufacturer agreement states that the part can only be replace for its full cost...$74,000...

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 5:33 pm

That is where the money should be cut! Not from the force but from the cost of replacement parts. Unfortunately, cuts come from the work force, not from Raytheon.

06/07/14 8:02 am

You guys get yourselves into BUD/S. All the money is going to spec ops.

EarthMunkey The Golden Rule. Always.
06/07/14 8:10 am

Screw that. I like being able to see everything around me for 50 miles and knowing I can kill pretty much all of it.

I like the bubble of defense.

In my younger days I may have tried for SEALS or EOD but now I am balls deep in Anti-air warfare.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
06/06/14 3:13 pm

Conservatives in general offer a moderating force on the possible excess of liberals. Liberals require conservatives to make progress and not stagnate.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
06/06/14 4:03 pm

Wow. I am surprised you took this view

Maynard Londor
06/06/14 4:36 pm

It's basic sociology. You need both conservatives and liberals for a society to survive.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
06/06/14 4:45 pm

I dislike current GOP policy and believe they are returning to move backwards, but this does not invalidate the role conservatives play in good governance.

I'm a far left socialist progressive liberal, yes, but I'm not everyone in America is, so

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
06/06/14 4:45 pm

...we need to move at a slower pace than I'd like. But, I will happily advocate for the faster pace. :-)

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
06/06/14 5:16 pm

I personally cannot wait until this current fever taking the GOP burns itself out and we can get back to sanity.

Maynard Londor
06/06/14 5:39 pm

Indeed. Ha hopefully one day. It just seems they have become quite radical since before Obama's first term.

06/07/14 8:05 am

You all better hope that spark of fiscal conservatism doesn't die out, or there won't be a country left to govern.

I applaud your very well reasoned answer though Cite.

Alkan
06/06/14 3:12 pm

Get in people's way when changes are trying to be made, as if changing nothing will make our problems fix themselves.

Pauln95klkkk
06/06/14 2:44 pm

The GOP historically has supported fiscally conservative spending, strong defense, Christian values. Currently, they only support extreme positions and only want their way with no compromise, with few exceptions at the federal level.

06/07/14 8:06 am

Utterly unsupportable argument. You can't provide one example of public policy in which republicans got "their way."

Pauln95klkkk
06/07/14 10:12 am

Nor can anyone point to liberals getting their way. Before bringing up Obamacare, it did not have a key progressive plank, that of single payer.

06/07/14 11:21 am

That's just absurd. Liberals got no-budget spending with a 5% increase every year for 5 years, a completely removed (not just raised) debt ceiling for 3 years, defense spending cut by about 25%, repealed "don't ask don't tell," combat assignments

06/07/14 11:23 am

open to women (now that combat is over), federal judges forcing gay marriage on states that don't support it, complete control over health care regulation (which will lead to single payer), the imminent death of the coal industry, hundreds of

06/07/14 11:28 am

billions of dollars funneled to green energy, fought four wars in N Africa without congressional approval and still supporting a fifth, tightened gun control laws in several states, legalized marijuana in two states and decriminalized in others,

06/07/14 11:31 am

took control over student loans, relaxed immigration enforcement policy (without legal authority), took control over school lunches, banned fluorescent light bulbs and phosphates in detergent, raised new vehicle fleet fuel efficiency standards,

06/07/14 11:33 am

enhanced capabilities to spy on US citizens beyond what was allowed under the Patriot Act...

... off the top of my head.

06/07/14 2:09 pm

MJ- I didn't mean it as an attack. I don't know what more I can say.

06/07/14 2:10 pm

Whoops! Sorry, wrong place :)

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:30 pm

"Listen here kid" "I usually let it slide because of your age" yeah you're not acting superior or anything. And I'm hardly even on his app anymore so what are you talking about me always chiming in? Stop making stuff up.

06/06/14 2:36 pm

Well, they give us interesting sex scandals.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/06/14 2:42 pm

Yeah, Democrats have never contributed to that! LOL

06/06/14 3:09 pm

Tom, Dem sex scandals are very vanilla. Republicans on the other hand... :)

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/06/14 3:27 pm

Sex scandal's a sex scandal! For all the GOP's faults, a higher propensity for sex scandals (as opposed to Democrats) ain't one of 'em.

mjrush Vancouver, Washington
06/06/14 3:28 pm

Dem sex scandals like Neil Goldschmidt's are usually swept under the rug...

06/06/14 3:34 pm

Rush, I'm glad you know of Goldschmidts scandal. I went to school with one of his victims. I didn't know her well but heard her tell others that he was always coming on to her. I think we were in 8th grade at the time.

06/06/14 3:34 pm

Sick bastard.

06/06/14 3:35 pm

That's simply not true about scandals being scandals. Republicans argue against gays and then tap their shoe under the stall in a truck stop bathroom.

mjrush Vancouver, Washington
06/06/14 3:41 pm

If you really want to talk about gay sex scandals, then there is always Dem Sam Adams. Lying about not having consensual sex with an underage boy.

06/06/14 3:45 pm

Rush, it more that conservatives are all about the family unit and religion. Their scandals are hypercritical as well as scandalous.

mjrush Vancouver, Washington
06/06/14 3:46 pm

I won't argue with you on that one... :-)

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 4:53 pm

Why does Rob thing every republican is anti gay. I have no problem with gay people or any people for that matter. As long as you pay taxes and don't abuse welfare, I am perfectly fine with who you love.

06/06/14 4:55 pm

Swervin,you are the exception, not the rule.

swervin Maryland
06/06/14 4:59 pm

Well, I'd like to think that the party is moving in a more progressive direction while still sticking to our roots about spending. Perhaps if people didn't pigeon hole us all the time, they would see that not everyone is that way. :)

06/06/14 4:59 pm

He's right though, I shouldn't generalize. How very cowboy of me.

06/06/14 10:28 pm

EB. Democrat sex scandals
-Clinton
-FDR (didn't think possible)
-Kennedy

Compared to
-Eisenhower (never proven)
-??? (Can't thing of anyone else)

mjrush Vancouver, Washington
06/06/14 10:30 pm

Oregon also had Bob Packwood; He was a Republican.

06/06/14 10:34 pm

NY had eliot Spitzer and Anthony Wiener.

06/06/14 10:48 pm

I should mention both NYers are dems

06/06/14 11:46 pm

Of course you can't think of any, kid, you don't want to. You could have googled it before you opened your mouth but you'd rather just shrug yer shoulders and claim ignorance.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/07/14 1:21 am

Still amazing to me that this thread of comments is acting like one party has more scandals than the other!!

06/07/14 5:32 am

No, it's not ignorance. Rob, I can't think of any because…well maybe they didn't happen. The past president would be Harding. And no RINO, I'm not. Sorry, EB but your comment was the ignorant one. Get off you high horse Rob, no one cares.

06/07/14 5:38 am

Oh and good presidential sex scandals out get Harding and a myth about Lincoln

06/07/14 5:59 am

Wow MJ, saying conservatives give us interesting sex scandals is ignorant?
Did you take a look at the link?

06/07/14 7:20 am

Probably not. Then he might have to learn something that he wasn't fed by his normal garbage media. He's like the kid who watches sportcenter and then repeats it to people later just so he feels like one of the guys, or that he's in the know...here..

06/07/14 7:23 am

Hell...even this..
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_sex_scandals_in_the_United_States

"Cuz maybe they didn't happen" he says.
How childish.

06/07/14 7:25 am

Don't forget to load more, when it prompts you to.

06/07/14 7:30 am

The best part about the republican scandals is that they are often men, with other gay men. The one that solicited a male police officer is funny one. That first link has over 30 cases, most of which were admitted to.

06/07/14 7:34 am

Exactly Rob! That's my point. Both sides have their scandals but the Republicans are jaw droppers. These aren't secrets.

06/07/14 8:12 am

Seems to me Republican scandals appear more shocking because of the hypocrisy, while Democrat scandals are actually of more substance, like the Clinton and Kennedy rapes.

06/07/14 8:14 am

And throwing Packwood under the bus because he called a secretary "honey" in the 70s is ridiculous. I remember him back to my childhood as well liked and respected.

06/07/14 8:14 am

Clinton rape? I have t heard of that one.

06/07/14 9:03 am

And to say, the ONLY thing the GOP gives us is "interesting sex scandals" is not saying there aren't from the GOP, but it is redicilous to single them out.

06/07/14 9:12 am

Also Rob idk if you got hit in the head or something but the list where I said could think of any others was, wait for it, PRESIDENTS!!! And look at that! You links prove nothing different.

06/07/14 9:20 am

m.ranker.com/list/democrat-sex-scandals/web-infoguy

You'd lose on Wiener alone! That idiot is still doing WHILE apologizing WHILE is wife is defending him WHILE running for office

06/07/14 9:23 am

Again trying to argue a point with an angel. Believing that the Presidents never did anything just because you don't know about it is naive and idiotic.

06/07/14 9:23 am

I usually let your statements slide because of your young age, but to ignore the rest of the GOP and only focus in Presidents is one of the dumbest points you've ever made. And that's saying something.

06/07/14 9:25 am

You are the ignorant one! Your links provide no other evidence for you but do back up what I said. ALSO, dumbo. By mentioning splitzer and weiner, idk what country you live in, but they weren't presidents in mine.

06/07/14 9:25 am

Go take a history class

06/07/14 9:38 am

And if we are going ad hom, the fact you are a grown man we is blinded by partisanship to even think the BS coming from your mouth is correct says a lot about your character. Grow up.

mjrush Vancouver, Washington
06/07/14 9:48 am

Wow, I forgot about David Wu. Another Oregon Democrat.

06/07/14 11:26 am

Ya Rob no, you're done. Tell me when you are ready to act like an adult. You have no right to call people ignorant when you refuse to look at facts (which by the way is ignorance). Just stop when you're behind.

06/07/14 11:28 am

Actually you are going to have to have someone else tell me.

06/07/14 11:42 am

mjrush- you forgot about Sam Adams, democrat Portland mayor, sex with an 18 year old male intern

06/07/14 11:48 am

For sure Oregon has had it's share of scandals. The difference between you and me MJ, is that I don't get defensive about it. Sex scandals are sex scandals. Men like sex. Nothing we don't know.
For every story that breaks, there are dozens that...

06/07/14 11:52 am

Except when you say the GOP is only good for sex scandals what am I supposed to say? Thank you? I'm officially a registered member of the GOP. I'm sorry if I don't take lightly to that, especially when you get just as many crazies on the other side.

06/07/14 11:56 am

MJ- I didn't say sex scandals are all they're good for. I was trying to mention something that hadn't already been mentioned a few times, that's all.
It wasn't meant as an attack.

06/07/14 11:58 am

Even so, to say the GOP has "more interesting" sex scandals, first I don't see how "interesting" is a good word, unless if you mean severity. Second, party has nothing to do with it.

06/07/14 12:34 pm

You're talking to a wall Birdie. He doesn't get it bc he doesn't want to get it. "I'm right and you're wrong cuz, just cuz.. waaah waaah.."

06/07/14 2:00 pm

EB any thoughts? Or move polls?

06/07/14 2:11 pm

MJ- I didn't mean it as an attack. I don't know what else to say.

06/07/14 2:15 pm

Which is why id like to talk about it. Do you at least understand what in trying to say?

06/07/14 2:18 pm

Let's take this to the top, MJ.

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 8:59 pm

Well, this was disappointing. An old guy trying to act superior to someone younger just because he's older. Pathetic.

06/07/14 9:28 pm

Jesus, who's trying to act superior? I'm making a point and he just didn't want to hear it. You always chime in after the fact with some inane comment. You should do the world a favor and just keep your trap shut. You literally contribute nothing.

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:31 pm

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:33 pm

I'm so offended by your words, they mean so much to me /s

And aren't you someone who complains about negativity on this app? Lulz have been had.

06/07/14 9:36 pm

He was acting like a baby, so I treated him like one. Period. Quit trying to inject yourself into situations.

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:39 pm

The only one acting like a baby was you, MJ was acting older than you. ANC this is a public forum, I can inject my opinion wherever I want.

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:40 pm

Awkward caps are awkward. And*

06/07/14 9:47 pm

Run along, now.

MrEdwin Mystery
06/07/14 9:49 pm

Lol ok big boy, go cry to your internet girlfriend.

rbrown Kansas
06/06/14 1:55 pm

Obviously their purpose is to make the rich richer.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/06/14 1:55 pm

Promoting pro-business policies that help create jobs and foster economic innovation, protecting and CONSERVING the environment and advancing the civil rights of Americans are our historic planks, and I'd like to see us champion those.

Statek Im from the Internet
06/06/14 3:21 pm

"Advancing civil rights"
Lol
For the rich white

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/06/14 3:25 pm

"Historic planks." Maybe you need to read a little closer?

Statek Im from the Internet
06/06/14 3:26 pm

Well I am driving

Statek Im from the Internet
06/06/14 3:27 pm

Jk
But googling "historic planks" shows up hardwood floor

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 5:16 pm

The Republican Party was founded to oppose slavery.

jayfreeman
06/06/14 1:34 pm

The GOO exists to remind the American populace how dangerous, hateful, and irrational the right wing fanatics are!

06/06/14 1:39 pm

And the democrats exist to remind us of the heady days of the Soviet Union??

See. I can do it too.

Lol.

06/06/14 1:41 pm

Hyperbole can be a lot of fun. I enjoy it immensely.

06/06/14 1:44 pm

I have a proposition for you. Interested?

jayfreeman
06/06/14 1:45 pm

And it was a democrat who took on the Soviet Union during the bay of pigs and was victorious. The GOP would no doubt have fired nuclear weapons (Bush had the same mentality) No hyperbole, fact

06/06/14 1:58 pm

There's some hyperbole there. Interested on talking about a proposal?

06/06/14 2:06 pm

Here's my proposal:

You keep trying to follow me. I have you unblocked only because you're in my poll. I'll agree to leave you unblocked and to engage in civil discourse with you on SOH if you agree to quite calling ChickenCookie

Cont....

06/06/14 2:07 pm

...calling ChickenCookie a cuunt, sllut, whhore, and other derogatory terms every time you see her.

What say you???

political Georgia
06/06/14 2:31 pm

A sincere apology to CC would also be nice.

Pauln95klkkk
06/06/14 2:40 pm

Okie, I haven't read in polls where I have noticed you attacking Cookie with slurs. If you have done so, I would encourage you to apologize as well.

political Georgia
06/06/14 2:43 pm

Okie has not insulted CC.

Pauln95klkkk
06/06/14 2:47 pm

Okie & Political, please accept my apologies, I misread who wrote the comment about slurs.

political Georgia
06/06/14 2:47 pm

lol...no worries!

jayfreeman
06/06/14 3:30 pm

@Okie, we have such different world, political and social views. I apologize to you for hateful things I've posted to you. As for CC, yes I can and will stop the derogatory comments. They aren't ok. Let's us agree to disagree respectfully

political Georgia
06/06/14 3:31 pm

Thank you!

swjboucher Just Run
06/06/14 3:32 pm

JF
The Bay of Pigs and the Cuban missile crisis at two separate incidences. The Bay of Pigs was a flop.

06/06/14 4:06 pm

Thanks Jay. We have an accord.

political Georgia
06/06/14 5:00 pm

Just curious, why did you go after CC?

06/06/14 6:30 pm

Question- Berlin Wall came down under who? Soviet Union fell under who? Vietnam started and failed under who? Cuban Missile Crisis only happened because Cuba fell under who? Korea was won by who?
First one to answer all the questions with party wins

06/06/14 10:07 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, firefly.

It means you had no other rebuttal. In the world of autocorrect it's a cheap shot to poke at innocuous grammar and spelling errors when the author is typing on a small keyboard device.

firefly5 the verse
06/07/14 4:59 am

nah, Okie. I just like to pick on MJ. he's right; those did occur under Republican presidents. now we are all smart enough to know that these motions were not contained within the presidencies in which they ended, but credit is certainly due.

firefly5 the verse
06/07/14 5:02 am

now, I do agree that we need conservative minds as well as liberal minds, because a on-demand conversation gets us nowhere. but the Republican party, like the democratic party, is bloated, corrupt, and ultimately hurting us.

firefly5 the verse
06/07/14 5:05 am

In fact, the primary system, as it stands, is what keeps us divided. it diminishes trust to see someone appeal so strongly to their base, then backtrack toward center for the general election. A non-partisan primary followed by a run-off would be

firefly5 the verse
06/07/14 5:07 am

a move in the right direction. so as for what good the ::party:: has done... not much.

darthezu Philly
06/07/14 7:48 am

^This guy gets it! Also technically we started getting involved in Vietnam under Ike back in 57 or 58 when we started supplying weapons and aid to France to fight the communist uprising.

firefly5 the verse
06/07/14 8:58 am

Hey, I'm not worried about it.

Jimmo Texas
06/06/14 1:24 pm

Both sides of the isle are like two cheeks to the same butt.

06/06/14 1:37 pm

Lolol. That's great! Love it. And would the Prez be the spot in the middle?

Jimmo Texas
06/06/14 5:25 pm

For now. LOL

2katz I live in Nebraska
06/06/14 1:06 pm

The notion of balance and that there a place for everyone to participate and be represented. Same for all parties and factions.

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/06/14 12:54 pm

They're conservative, as in, they want things to remain the way they are and/or return things to the way they were before. It's the opposite of progressive: wanting things to progress -- to move forward. Both desires are actually pretty important.

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/06/14 12:56 pm

Of course, all the philosophy stops mattering when both parties are nothing more than ***-dumpsters for the rich and powerful, which is what we have today. We're headed straight for another French revolution, and no one knows what will come after.

06/06/14 1:16 pm

Parts of that I really agree with. Overall good analysis, Aran. Glad we found some common ground.

truspec Texas
06/06/14 12:42 pm

Prolongs the establishment, same as the Dems

06/06/14 12:54 pm

Yes. I think both parties are working the people over in a faux game of "grow the government while we make appearances of playing at politics."

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 12:32 pm

The sooner the GOP dissolves, the better we will be.

06/06/14 12:35 pm

Hummm. Are you speaking in code?

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 12:39 pm

Dude- don't give me a hard time. I'm the guy that told you a secret about that bitch. IBakes, remember?

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 12:39 pm

Not having her around has been nice.

06/06/14 12:52 pm

I've never been able figure you out. Sorry. I recall what you said a long time ago, but I've never quite understood what your game is. I've long suspected that you're a user that I'm very familiar with under another name.

06/06/14 12:53 pm

Sorry for the suspicion, but I thought "sooner" might have another meaning.

;-)

06/06/14 12:57 pm

Ibakes and I quit arguing a while back, BTW. I'm happy to let good enough be.

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 1:04 pm

Im not another user you are familiar with. I went to you with that information knowing you were the one person who would stand up to her. She chased a few of my friends off this app and I wanted her gone. It's nice to see it worked.

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 1:06 pm

I'm trying to follow you, dude. Unblock me.

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 1:13 pm

Thank you sir.

06/06/14 1:17 pm

Used to be, rode. Not so much anymore.

roundsquare round square
06/06/14 1:38 pm

okie's right. No drama. The drama's been gone for months.

mc88 Cleveland OSU
06/06/14 4:08 pm

What did IBakes do???

TeaPartier Dont Tread on Me
06/06/14 12:16 pm

Not much. Tea Party Forever!

jvc1133 61535
06/06/14 11:53 am

Oh okie, you're so much fun

cowboy Doors of Perception
06/06/14 11:39 am

I'm not sure. They have let this Leftist administration get away with everything.

rons WOKE is sick
06/06/14 11:35 am

To expose the democrats.

veritas1 Panda
06/06/14 11:12 am

To represent the interests of their biggest donors and trick people into thinking they care about America and not just their own political interests.

06/06/14 11:14 am

True, but don't be fooled into thinking that democrats are any better in this regard.

Cole12 ...
06/06/14 11:09 am

They're fiscal moderate, social fascists. They're useless.

06/06/14 11:15 am

Their talk may be considered "social fascism," but their actions are democrat-light.

06/06/14 11:20 am

I think they talk social conservatism just to get those votes. In practice they're like rick Santorum - votes to gives money to planned parenthood.

06/06/14 11:06 am

They're the lesser of two evils. By a lot.

SFLiberal
06/06/14 11:15 am

The Democrats have represented Americans even before the GOP was created, so where are you getting this "by a lot" garbage?

06/06/14 11:21 am

When he says "by a lot" I don't think he meant "for a longer time."

SFLiberal
06/06/14 11:23 am

Regardless of what he means, it's a false statement.

06/06/14 11:24 am

It's a statement that is purely subjective. You can disagree with it, but you can't disprove it because it's just his opinion.

06/06/14 11:26 am

And I would say that the repubs are "not much better, not "by a lot." Either way he's given his 2 cents and so have you and I.

06/06/14 11:26 am

Maybe I should have said "by a great deal."

SFLiberal
06/06/14 11:27 am

Look at you being all neutral and shit. What happened to okie67?

06/06/14 11:36 am

Lol. I'm the same guy. I'm just less confrontational. I stick to my guns and haven't changed any beliefs, but 67 had polls against the retardlicans too.

beanD California
06/06/14 11:36 am

Oh come on. People trying to do better for the SOH community than in the past, and all you can do is make fun of them for trying to improve bc their neutrality bothers you? Pathetic.

06/06/14 11:40 am

It's ok bean. I know sf for a long time and we have a cordial SOH relationship. He wasn't meaning it like that.

06/06/14 11:43 am

But thank you for the sentiment.
Move been tempted to call you "bean dip" as a nickname. Is that ok?

beanD California
06/06/14 11:45 am

I don't care?

political Georgia
06/06/14 10:58 am

I love republicans' talk. I hate their actions. That is why the more accurate name for the Republican Party is the invertebrate party.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 10:38 am

Laughing at the two republicans who say nothing.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 10:37 am

The Republican Party exists to represent the conservative side of issues. It exists as the pro-life pro-gun less spending typically more involved in the world than the democrats, Lower/flat tax, self-reliance party. I may have missed something,

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 10:37 am

But those are the core beliefs of the Republican Party and the majority of its members.

06/06/14 10:53 am

Yes, those are the stated core beliefs. I would say they preach those values very well when campaigning, but nearly abandon them when voting in Washington. Hence their uselessness, IMHO.

It's just my opinion. :-)

06/06/14 10:54 am

Take debt ceiling increases, for example. They run around their districts talking about fiscal conservatism and then go to Washington and approve ceiling increases. They're all talk.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 12:13 pm

Well, the people in the party are different than some off the politicians.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 8:52 pm

Maybe that's why I am a hardcore conservative, not a hardcore republican.

Burntwaffle VA Politics and Pie
06/06/14 10:21 am

Homophobia, anti-drug, and religion in politics. Thats about it.

06/06/14 10:23 am

They do have a sort of "plantation" for those issues, don't they? People are afraid to leave the repub plantation because it whispers in their ears the things they want to hear. Actual action on those things is near zilch though.

06/06/14 10:24 am

Of course, the democrats have their own plantation too and one that's ironic at that.

06/06/14 10:21 am

They're not the "party of no." They're the party of "no, maybe, well not yet, OK let's spend."

We need a actual party that says "no."

Oboette17 Senioritis
06/06/14 11:09 am

Called Tea Party

06/06/14 11:13 am

Well, ok, but I'm a social conservative. No room for me in the libertarian party that would legalize heroin and gay marriage.

FalloutBoy97 Ohio
06/06/14 1:50 pm

Just curious Okie how do you actually vote then, if you vote at all?

06/06/14 2:00 pm

I'll vote for a republican or indie if I think she's conservative enough and hasn't voted for any debt ceiling increases, else my vote goes uncast for that race. In Oklahoma we can leave blanks and the ballot is still counted.

swjboucher Just Run
06/06/14 10:20 am

I said nothing but if anything it is perhaps to drag their feet a little in regards to the progressive agenda.

06/06/14 10:22 am

True. Dragging the feet is it. Democrats take the nation and do a "Thelma and Louise" at 100 mph off the cliff. Republicans prefer to go at 40% the speed in the same direction.

Good point.

06/06/14 10:19 am

I have no use for them. They only talk about budgets and fiscal responsibility when they're the opposition party. They spend like drunk sailors when they're in office. There's never been a debt ceiling increase that they didn't EVENTUALLY embrace.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/06/14 10:39 am

What about the democrats?

06/06/14 10:47 am

I have no use for them either. I'm an independent.

06/06/14 10:51 am

The republicans actually look like principles politicians relative to the democrats, but only when making the relative comparison. When considered singularly the republicans are a lying bunch of worthless time wasters.

2katz I live in Nebraska
06/06/14 1:15 pm

Okie, is it Republicans you have no use for, or Conservatism?

06/06/14 1:17 pm

Republicans. I am a conservative; very conservative.

06/06/14 10:18 am

Inspired by a conversation with RINOTom in this Political poll: bit.ly/1pGjJDe.

RINOTom Peoria, IL