UtopianKing June 6th, 2014 2:37am

Kids from high income earning families are sometimes criticized for having a "privileged" and "easy" life. They usually become high earners themselves. Do you agree that these kids work hard for excellence or is it essentially given to them?

alek12 Orlando
06/08/14 9:09 am

It's both. They work hard and put the time. However, like Shazam said below, they still have access to so much more and have it easier than anyone else. They have the best schools, more income and security from their parents, and better safety.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/07/14 6:55 pm

Do you mean rich kids or the celebrities/extremely wealthy's kids? It depends. Some have worked hard, like Gloria Vanderbilt, JFK. But then you have the Paris Hilton's and Tori Spellings. I don't know very many rich people so I dunno

vin woof
06/07/14 2:11 pm

Both happen. I was criticized work my ass off but I chose a career because I love what I do not for the money

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 9:51 am

I think they work hard, but are still privileged. My family unit was the only one that was not middle class or above, all of my cousins had their school paid for and then some, whereas 25% of my income is currently in loans. They receive a

blitz6799 Chicagoland
06/06/14 9:53 am

significant financial benefit that elevates them, a 'privilege' that I couldn't garner. BUT my cousins are all intelligent and I believe would have been successful either way - this way they'll just do so faster.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/06/14 8:17 pm

^this. you can't maintain high earnings if you don't work hard.

nicolebliss31
06/06/14 7:01 am

Hand outs. The rich kids didn't have to pay for college

UtopianKing Palo Alto
06/06/14 8:53 am

Why does that mean they don't work hard in school?

variable00 New Jersey
06/06/14 4:49 am

I've known far too many people like this whose parents put them on third base and they're convinced they hit a triple. They generally have a poor work ethic and no concept of the struggles their parents went through to get where they are.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/06/14 3:05 am

Work hard definitely. However, most are raised in safe neighborhoods, have access to good nutrition, great public/private schools with the best/highest paid teachers, can go to the best college they can get into, and are raised with a mindset that

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/06/14 3:06 am

Anything is possible, and they can achieve anything they set their minds toward. They do work, but the foundation for their success was laid long before they started any heavy lifting.

Shazam Scaramouche, OH
06/06/14 3:08 am

ECO - if you were part of the well-off group, would you mind saying how close my characterization is to being accurate?

UtopianKing Palo Alto
06/06/14 8:46 am

No, I was not wealthy growing up

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/05/14 8:09 pm

Kids from high *income earning* families generally aren't the ones being bashed IMX. It's the ones from families that make/have a lot of money through non-work sources like inheritance, Wall Street dickery, and other "easy" sources that get bashed.

TierasPet
06/05/14 7:53 pm

I think it's a combination of both.