pateach2 June 5th, 2014 9:24pm

Have you heard of Slenderman and what pain "he" has caused? I'm not posting a link because I feel as if there isn't one that can accurately explain how disgusting this is. Warning: this is very disturbing.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/05/14 5:27 pm

I haven't, but I did hear something about a really rotten kid using a game as an excuse. If you a are mentally healthy enough twelve year old to be outside the house unsupervised, you know stabbing people is wrong. A game has nothing to do with it.

thewheel
06/05/14 5:16 pm

It is so, so, so very sick. But slenderman didn't cause anything. Girls who have obvious mental problems are the problem.

Dazey Beagles Rule
06/05/14 4:18 pm

I wasn't aware of it until this story broke. I'm not about to blame a video game for people killing people.

pateach2 love my son
06/06/14 5:10 am

But it's not just a video game. There's much more behind it.

Dazey Beagles Rule
06/06/14 5:50 am

So if this video game (or whatever) told you to kill, you'd comply?

pateach2 love my son
06/06/14 5:53 am

No no not at all. I'm not saying it's on to blame any of it. I'm saying that Slenderman isn't a video game. It started out as a made up urban legend and has created a group of followers.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/14 2:35 pm

Glenn Beck covered this today, with the story of the three 12-year-old girls. TheBlaze.com may have good coverage of this. You're right - it's shocking, disgusting, and disturbing, and it's gaining popularity.

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/05/14 2:29 pm

I don't think "he" has caused anything. Those involved are wholly responsible for their actions and blaming a fictional character is a means of absolving some of that responsibility.

pateach2 love my son
06/05/14 2:32 pm

Right. I can see that. But the pasta guy, whatever his name is, supposedly encouraged those girls to do what they did. They said they were trying to be loyal to him. I just think this is awful.

pateach2 love my son
06/05/14 2:38 pm

I take back what I said. I just did some research. The thing is the girls had to have a "reason" that encouraged them to do this ya know.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/05/14 2:42 pm

pa, I would not rule out the possibility that this is a demonic entity who hates and wants to destroy our children. I know Kyle will disagree since he's an atheist, and that's fine, but what about you?

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/05/14 2:45 pm

What the hell?
That doesn't even... Just... No. Even if you do believe in that stuff, there's no legitimate reasoning as to how it could possibly apply. Based on your beliefs, people are capable of resisting said temptations, and those who do not

MrLucchese If curious, ask.
06/05/14 2:46 pm

are, again, wholly responsible for their actions. Every person and thing in the world, including your God, could tell them to kill... It doesn't make it any less their fault if they do it.

pateach2 love my son
06/05/14 2:56 pm

I definitely don't think it's a demonic entity. I do believe that these children were involved in some forum where they read, and believed, that the Slenderman wanted people to do this.

2katz I live in Nebraska
06/05/14 7:53 pm

I understand where Tom's coming from about the demonic entity. If this kind of thing is not in your belief system, fine, but no need to put down other's beliefs. That was my first thought when I heard this story when it was first reported.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
06/06/14 1:06 am

Kyle, I wasn't trying to absolve the girls of blame, just suggesting an influence on their decision-making. It's just not common for 12-year-old girls to plot grisly murders. They shouldn't have been on the website in the first place.