SmileyMoM June 5th, 2014 12:41am

Have you ever filed a workmanship comp claim? If so did it work out for you?

Blunderbuss Dont blink.
06/07/14 1:29 am

Compound queston!! I'm too simple minded for this nonsense. (My answers are yes and yes.) :-)

DavesNotHere where am I
06/06/14 4:03 pm

Yes, and I won. For severe carpal tunnel on my right rust from repetitive action over many years. I had to prove the postal service was responsible. I had to write a detailed history of my work career and jobs I had including military. And what

DavesNotHere where am I
06/06/14 4:06 pm

I do in my spare time. Then I had to get meticulous doctors notes from an Orthopaedic surgeon stating in his expert opinion that injury was caused by work. It saved me thousands in medical bills. I needed surgery to correct it.

rlc63 North Carolina
06/05/14 11:19 am

Yes. Hurt my back once. Just wanted my medical bills paid and they did. Was rather minor tho

jestana My Minds Eye
06/05/14 10:30 am

As a student my jobs have been less structured. No WC claims yet.

kelsey498 Colorado
06/04/14 9:33 pm

I filed one when I worked for Starbucks and it worked out fine. When I called they rambled on for at least 20 minutes explaining how everything works and making sure that I understood every bit of what needed to happen. It's pretty intense...

duey in a fools paradise
06/04/14 5:59 pm

Work comp is a huge business in this country and can actually put companies out of business when workers abuse it. If it's a legitimate injury it's a good program. We do a lot of risk management and training to keep our employees knowledgeable about

duey in a fools paradise
06/04/14 6:03 pm

the kinds of injuries we see in our business. Safety meetings monthly and we have a safety committee to address issues employees find. Businesses that intimidate their employees about workplace injuries risk huge fines and criminal prosecution.

jvc1133 61535
06/04/14 5:59 pm

No, but had some interesting filed

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
06/04/14 5:57 pm

I've had two, one resulting in a label of permanently partially disabled. Mine were pretty clear-cut, as the injuries were witnessed by others and could not be linked to any past injury. There are a lot of people who cheat the system, though.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
06/04/14 5:59 pm

The fraud is probably why the guy said not to expect anything from a claim. It discourages the fake injuries or the ones that people blame on work when it's really not work-related.

SmileyMoM Lab Rat Vampire
06/04/14 5:46 pm

I just had to go to a mandatory meeting at work about workman's comp. The guy talked for a little over an hour. It would have been a lot quicker if he just would have said "don't think that you will ever get anything out of a claim."

jestana My Minds Eye
06/05/14 10:31 am

Smile
Thanks for the follow.
Your polls are lots of fun.

SmileyMoM Lab Rat Vampire
06/05/14 4:19 pm

You are very welcome. SOH is lots of fun.