TomLaney1 June 4th, 2014 12:25pm

ONE-TIME WEATHER WEDNESDAY: The US Gov't recently released a report on "Climate Change." Please take the time to read this very brief response and then share it with everyone you know on SoH, Facebook, and e-mail. Copiable link in Comments.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
06/05/14 5:19 pm

I swear to Christ, this whole argument is really starting to bore me. l wanted to see this article to see if there was any scientific premise, no. Ok, bye.

nicolebliss31
06/05/14 8:56 am

Where is the science?

06/05/14 2:29 pm

Check my replies to firefly5, close below. The science isn't the focus of the editorial - it's about the morality of the govt shoring up its case with several deliberate lies in the Report's conclusion.

fredd TrumpLand
06/04/14 4:36 pm

*grumble grumble* who shared this nonsense *grumble*

06/05/14 8:01 am

Their username is in the header next to mine. But you used to follow me! Come back and I won't do another poll like this (unless I forget at some point in the distant future when I'm more senile than I already am!). :o)

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
06/04/14 12:03 pm

The article contends the there is no scientific proof to back up the claims of the Left (despite numerous peer-reviewed scientific studies published in the past two decades), yet does not offer references to any studies in contrast? Not well-written.

06/04/14 1:02 pm

Missing the point of the article. Please see my comments to firefly directly below. :o)

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 11:46 am

I'm afraid I don't see the merit in this one. The "article"/blog post doesn't actually provide a single piece of data. If I'm reading it correctly, it's the written form of covering one's ears and yelling "liar! liar!"

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 11:47 am

You post a lot of good stuff that makes me think, but this only made me think a couple of things, none of which bear repeating.

sorry, good sir. This one just didn't do it for me.

06/04/14 12:54 pm

Understandable. I wasn't looking to convert any scientists. It's an editorial from a print news magazine's online version, anx the author was nerely expressing outrage at several specific deliberate lies in the conclusion of the gov't report. Not

06/04/14 12:59 pm

being a science magazine, there was not an automatic need for source citations and the like. It's a Christian news magazine, and the editor's focus was on the immorality of the gov't lying to the public.

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 1:02 pm

and I do get that. But when it makes claims about there being no scientific evidence, I'd expect some sort of counterargument.

06/04/14 1:42 pm

I know the magazine has addressed it in the past in more detailed articles. But the editorial is always limited to a single page, and as such should probably not have even touched on that subject with a passing comment, since there was no space to

06/04/14 1:46 pm

address it. You're right on that, buddy!
Hey, did you see this morning's APOD? It would make a perfect Science Friday question!

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 1:49 pm

exactly. and I'm not opposed to hearing arguments; I very much welcome them. This just wasn't the right forum.

I didn't see it yet, but I'll look right now.

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 1:52 pm

Green flash? that would make a great question. thanks!

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/04/14 11:12 am

I recognize that the climate changes. It's done so for as long as the earth has been around. This is nothing new. My problem is that the left (primarily) is trying to blame it exclusively on man made emissions and hype it up as if the climate...

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/04/14 11:15 am

... should remain at a specific worldwide average temperature for the rest of time. I cringe when I hear the visitors center's at Mt Rainier talk about how man made global warming is causing the glaciers to disappear immediately after talking...

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/04/14 11:17 am

... about how many miles upon miles down slope the glaciers used to be. Hmm, I wonder how that happened before man made globull warming happened? Don't get me wrong, I'm for cleaning up the air, water, and ground. I'm not for destroying the...

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/04/14 11:18 am

... economy based on false and inaccurate claims. The climate will do what it does. We need to merely adapt as it changes. In other words, bye bye new Orleans. Shit happens.

06/04/14 12:45 pm

Eloquent and.accurate, Matt!

blockey
06/04/14 7:09 pm

It is absolutely something new. You are grossly misinformed on the topic. What's being observed now is far from normal climate fluctuation. There's overwhelming evidence that mankind and it's actions are to blame. Cosmos actually just devoted a whole

blockey
06/04/14 7:12 pm

Episode to sorting out misinformation and destroying every silly argument against it you could ever think of. Tons and tons of just straight data and explanations that you couldn't deny in your right mind were shown. There is no valid argument

blockey
06/04/14 7:12 pm

Against climate change. Only denial.

Injectable Trump Killed Babbitt
06/04/14 10:05 am

Based on your answers alone I knew you were full of crap. Thank you for that waste of time

Injectable Trump Killed Babbitt
06/04/14 10:10 am

I also fail to see how you can call it weayher wednesday if you only do it one time.

veritas1 Panda
06/04/14 9:31 am

God dammit, veritas. Why the hell didn't you stop reading when you say the words "Benghazi" and "IRS scandal" in an article that's supposed to refute hundreds of millions of pages of research.

What a load of crap that blog spam was.

veritas1 Panda
06/04/14 9:32 am

I didn't see a single tangible fact or a single documented contention to specific evidence for AGW. All there was was the same right-wing rhetoric and alarmist cries of left-wing propaganda. Do they really think their readers are that simple-minded?

firefly5 the verse
06/04/14 11:41 am

If I may... word.

madeit Houston Area
06/04/14 7:01 am

How do I know this article is true?

06/04/14 12:36 pm

How dobwe know the gov't report, given their massive agenda, is true? At least the editorial raises legitimate questions.

kermie gaytopia
06/04/14 6:46 am

I do like lies. I especially like when tens of thousands of scientists around the world collude together to lie. Especially when they are clever enough to destroy all evidence of their collusion and motive. More especially when they take the extra

kermie gaytopia
06/04/14 6:47 am

steps like permanently destroying ocean reefs and arctic ice shelves just to make their lies more convincing. How fun! I can't wait to get my share of the money that must be involved somehow, for doing my part to propagate the lies!

kscott516 Masks fail
06/04/14 7:32 am

Well, it was 77 "climate scientists" that were subjectively determined to support the theory that global warming is caused by human activity sooooo.....

And many of them came out and said their positions were misinterpreted or falsely claimed soo...

06/04/14 12:33 pm

Kermie, once again, as I said below, my purpose in this poll was not to call climate change a lie. Please read the link. It specifically takes issue with deliberate lies in the final section of the gov't report. Then refute the editorial.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
06/04/14 6:38 am

Day by day I wake up to more lies and propaganda. What is sad is that kids graduating now have been fed this all their lives through education or media.and no nothing else. I think dark days are ahead of us.

kscott516 Masks fail
06/04/14 7:32 am

That is their point. They are conditioning them early.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 7:36 am

Who is "they"?

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 8:35 am

Specifically the left? Or all govt?

kscott516 Masks fail
06/04/14 8:38 am

All govt lies. Right now the biggest lies are pushed by the left. Common Core is designed to dumb down education.

06/04/14 12:15 pm

kscott, do you have Glenn Beck's book "Conform" on Common Core yet? I just downloaded it. The introduction alone blew me away. :o)

kscott516 Masks fail
06/04/14 12:37 pm

No I don't. His last book Control bored me. I'm curious though, what did it say?

06/04/14 9:48 pm

As I said, I just got it - and I'm still trying to finish Stephen Mansfield's excellent book "killing Jesus" (better than O'Reilly's bestseller). But I read the Intro yesterday and I think I'll like the book. He's having a major live meeting on

06/04/14 9:52 pm

July 22 in 600+ theaters nationwide (info at WeWillNotConform.com). He and Michelle Malkin and several guests will be trying to settle on the five best strategies to fight Common Core. Audiences will vote via smartphones.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 6:15 am

That was a terrible article, just right wing propaganda.

06/04/14 6:19 am

Have a nice day yourself.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 6:21 am

Thanks you too.

Kay41 the Midwest
06/04/14 6:03 am

Bad answer choices. I don't like lies but I won't forward either.

06/04/14 6:07 am

See my answer to dxstep below about the answer choices. ❤️

06/04/14 6:22 am

Relaxing, but way too short! :o)

06/04/14 6:28 am

PS - No need to share my poll, just share the link to the wditorial. :-)

Oboette17 Senioritis
06/04/14 5:57 am

I am disgusted, but I also recognize that the article has conservative bias

06/04/14 6:05 am

That's the best kind. I provide only the best! :-D
Seriously, he was countering strong liberal bias. That's why he appears so biased to the right.
Very good critical reading!

TheeCourt Realville
06/04/14 6:19 am

There is no such thing as bias, when you're discerning truth; there is only right or wrong, good or evil, justice or injustice.

Liberals usually get it wrong, are predominantly evil, and have no concern for justice. Hence, they always lie.

06/04/14 6:25 am

Your Honor, I like you even more every time you comment! Keep standing for truth! :o)

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 6:35 am

Haha you guys are ridiculous.

TheeCourt Realville
06/04/14 7:40 am

And you are most likely an absolute fool, indoctrinated by the Left, and will never understand truth.
Ignorance can be bliss.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 7:43 am

Wrong. I'm just not that ignorant to believe that it is only the left that is "evil" and lies.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 7:43 am

You understand the "truth" huh? What exactly is the truth then?

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 7:48 am

For you its black and white. Left = lies and evil....right = good and trush...oh BS

TheeCourt Realville
06/04/14 7:56 am

Sure other people lie, but Liberals do it to selfishly benefit themselves and purposely hurt people; hence their penchant for evil.

Truth? Never ever comes from a Liberal in power. Probably too late for you to think critically, especially on AGW.

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 7:59 am

Truth always comes from the right? People on the right aren't selfish and out for themselves??? What a joke!

Axl752 NY
06/04/14 8:01 am

You can't be that ignorant.

TheeCourt Realville
06/04/14 9:10 am

You see, you're too foolish to even understand what I'm saying. I didn't say anything to promote the right, just denounce Liberalism. It's infested in every fabric of our society; it's based on fallacies and has the luxury of being promoted by dolts.

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
06/04/14 5:50 am

Always pick the answer on the right when appropriate choices are not provided.

06/04/14 6:00 am

Having read the editorial, you should realize that the only appropriate choices are "I don't like it when my government lies to me" and "I don't mind that the government lied to us in this report." Neither of those would fit on a button.

06/04/14 5:30 am

Here's the link again in a place that permits copying:
www.worldmag.com/2014/05/pattern_of_deception
PLEASE SHARE this well-written editorial. My intent here is not to debate "climate change" itself, but to hold the gov't accountable for

06/04/14 5:33 am

its deliberate lies told to support a single side of a debate that is NOT closed. This is not our gov't's role, and it should be protested.

06/04/14 5:54 am

And please continue reading AFTER the intrusive little ad for World Magazine. There's more to the editorial.

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/04/14 11:10 am

Stupid ad, trying to stop people from reading! Outlandish!