Cole12 June 3rd, 2014 12:33pm

Would you more, less, or equally likely to vote for a presidential candidate if you learned that he/she was a business executive?

itsOkay no longer answering here
06/04/14 12:11 pm

More. Definitely more. Finally someone that can do math.

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
06/04/14 11:09 am

The executive is supposed to be the administrative part of checks & balances. Seems strange that we usually elect someone from the legislative part instead of someone who likely has more experience with actually running something.

dxstap Bloomington, Indiana
06/04/14 11:11 am

But the problem is that anyone from the business sector who is truly qualified to be President wouldn't want the job.

nicolebliss31
06/04/14 10:51 am

It would depend on the business. Was a big corporate or a small local business?

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/03/14 1:24 pm

Less. I wouldn't trust him not to show special favor to whatever company he used to be executive of.

Arananthi Literal Ninja
06/03/14 1:26 pm

Interestingly, this is the only one of these I voted 'less' on.

skinner Jersey City
06/03/14 12:53 pm

I would be more likely to vote for a businessman because I would trust that he is thrifty

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/03/14 11:41 am

For me a business background fully disqualifies all federal candidates - President, Senator, Congress - you can't get my vote with that alone. You need to know about government if you're going to run government. At the state level I voted for

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/03/14 11:46 am

John Hickenlooper a former Denver Mayor - as governor but basically a business background. I did because of his experience as Mayor with a bureaucracy. He's now governing basically as a moderate republican - which I don't like. Felt his opponents

bringstheeagle Colorado
06/03/14 11:50 am

were just to ridiculous for my taste. I do think he's a nice and well meaning man. Just too conservative about things I care about.

JDoe Its a gift
06/04/14 10:55 am

Funny, I liked your comment but it's basically the mirror of my opinion. As a Republican, I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hickenlooper but I find him a pleasant surprise (for the moderate conservative leanings he's demonstrated)

ncbuc Get Over It
06/03/14 11:13 am

It would be entirely dependent on the business.

jackietheman Just Stop...
06/03/14 8:35 am

A good one, yes, they actually have experience in business and would more likely know how to get the economy going.

citethesource Socialist and Atheist
06/03/14 7:44 am

Depends on the position. Executive branch? Less likely. Legislative? Sure.

TierasPet
06/03/14 5:58 am

More as long as they were a good one but those are rare and they are usually no more trustworthy than any other politician. It would also depend on what they want to do.

pd15
06/04/14 1:12 pm

Mostly distrust. It's hard to trust a rich business owner to look out for the lower class when doing so would require them to give up (some of) their own wealth