StilettoMiss June 3rd, 2014 12:20am

You may have noticed a theme in today's polls! Terrorism isn't really as scary as everyday stuff like your own furniture or one too many cheeseburgers. Can we all just stop the hysterical paranoia already? While you're at it, take a lap or two!

vin woof
06/05/14 4:54 pm

The TV says to be scared though

closed Lol hi
06/03/14 12:56 pm

Go to Iraq. I know you've been there. It's a lot worse now than it was when you were there.
There is no where that you can go where furniture is out to kill you. People act like terrorism is a non issue.

closed Lol hi
06/03/14 12:57 pm

If you would like to push for more awareness of the dangers of furniture jn the United States, that's fine, as long as people are made aware of what's going on in Nigeria, Syria, Iraq, Northern China

susanr Colorado
06/02/14 9:01 pm

The only time my life was (probably, but seriously) directly threatened by terrorist, it was plain old American white men. Led by a Christian.

I don't waste any time feeling threatened by them, either.

Zimmeress Make Me Laugh
06/02/14 9:16 pm

There it is ^^^
Whoop whoop.

PartyFree Nowhere in Particular
06/02/14 8:53 pm

But I'm skurrrred! What about the less than minuscule chance that a terrorist would decide to attack my little nothing location in Podunk, USA? I'm going to go put my head under my blankie, suck my thumb, and cry for my mommy now.

swervin Maryland
06/02/14 7:57 pm

Damn, I wish I had known that couches were more dangerous than terrorists. Maybe the USS Cole could have put in some couch guards. Oh wait...

swervin Maryland
06/02/14 8:21 pm

Yeah, I'll be sure to tell the families of those sailors. They will be glad to know that their loved ones were more likely to be killed by their dresser than by the boat full of explosives that blew a huge hole in their ship.

swervin Maryland
06/02/14 8:23 pm

That is bound to bring them comfort at night, when they look at the flag the government gives them or when they visit the grave site. Thank god the terrorists killed them before the chandelier fell on their head. /s

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 8:26 pm

What would bring them even more comfort at night is if 4400+ of their fallen children's comrades weren't killed as a direct result of the lies of their commander in chief at the time, if an appeal to emotion is what you're after.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 8:27 pm

Using the dead to garner sympathy for billions of dollars and thousands of American lives being traded for corporate profits is a little cheap and tawdry. I'd expect a little better from you....then again no, on second thought I wouldn't.

swervin Maryland
06/03/14 12:50 am

You act like I'm a huge supporter of President Bush. I'm not, he was not a good President. I just don't think acting like terrorism is not an issue is going to help anyone.

swervin Maryland
06/03/14 12:53 am

Btw, nice low blow. I thought we were above childish remarks. I thought we were on a respectful basis, I guess I was wrong.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/03/14 8:37 am

I'm on a respectful basis, and if that was actually a low blow then I'm sorry. But if you're going to invoke the deaths of others to perpetuate an agenda, please don't be dismayed when someone calls you out for it rather harshly.

chickencookie Jihad Joe
06/02/14 7:36 pm

How about those climbers that are presumed dead in your neck of the woods? That wouldn't scare you?

TierasPet
06/02/14 7:06 pm

I actually spend almost none of my time being afraid of terrorism. That is something that will or will not happen and which we will not see coming. It's pointless to worry about what you cannot predict.

Zimmeress Make Me Laugh
06/02/14 6:45 pm

I don't like this, I LOVE this.
The end.

TopsQueen Oregon Coast
06/02/14 6:37 pm

For you sweetheart, definitely

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
06/02/14 7:18 pm

Yea what she said! ^

Zod Above Pugetropolis
06/02/14 6:09 pm

I'm not worried about terrorism, but I'm not really into the paranoia about eating a tasty burger now and then either. And I'm definitely not running any laps - I'm sure the research for the series revealed how often runners and pedestrians bite it.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 6:26 pm

LOL that's why it specifically said take a lap :) because usually being on a track at your local high school or something is relatively safe ❤️

Maj Worth Economist
06/02/14 5:57 pm

If you're scared, the terrorists have succeeded. Their entire goal is terror.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 5:38 pm

Between the "war on drugs" and the "war on terror" or whatever vague bullshit the government comes up with next to scare people into not questioning the billions of dollars that are funneled to campaign contributors, it's always something.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 5:40 pm

Hopefully this all served as an opportunity to really think about who stands to gain from the hysterical fear of some Americans. If you realized it's corporations getting money, pat yourself on the back and then write a letter to your representatives

Nik
06/02/14 5:31 pm

Lap dances?

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 5:33 pm

Whatever burns calories :D

MachoMatt84 Privileged to serve.
06/02/14 7:09 pm

Yes, lap dances. Now we're talking!

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
06/02/14 5:25 pm

Just because one thing is more likely than the other doesn't mean you don't take appropriate precautions. Eat junk food in moderation. Place your furniture smartly and the govt should continue to deter terrorism.

StilettoMiss SF med law, meme queen
06/02/14 5:32 pm

Deterrence is good. Just ask yourself if all those billions of tax dollars are being well spent.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
06/02/14 7:24 pm

It could be done for a lot less. The size of the defense budget is a totally different issue.

DavesNotHere where am I
06/02/14 5:23 pm

I've been doing the laps. They help.