DerekWills June 2nd, 2014 11:27pm

My dog has CRAZY separation anxiety. Even if he can still see and hear me, if there is a barrier between us, he does all he can to be in the same room. When we're at work, he tears up things that smell like us. Anyone have any experience with this?

dale41 Lets play two
06/04/14 6:00 pm

You're scary me from getting a dog.

AussieGirl Oz the Land of Wonder
06/04/14 8:24 am

Time to crate the dog when you're away.

slickspin Heart of Texas
06/04/14 8:43 am

This -1000 times. We have always crate trained our dogs. It not cruel and the dogs feel secure in their own space. Even our full grown lab and boxer will go in their crates to sleep sometimes. Nothing destroyed.

Injectable Mojave Mo Problems
06/04/14 9:40 am

It mimics a den.

catpillow Florida West Coast
06/04/14 4:16 am

Yep. Our cat will attempt to dig a hole under a closed door to get to us. He's ruined a lot of carpets. If he wakes up alone, he'll cry until he finds us. If we go on vacation he becomes physically ill, even with a pet sitter to care for him.

Torfin Never Behind
06/04/14 2:30 am

Not this severe. We leave on a radio to a talk radio station. This helps a lot.

jmw7477 Indiana
06/04/14 1:16 am

When we've had dogs like this, we had to crate them. I had a dog that came out of it after we'd had her for a while. We get crates that are quite a bit bigger than they need & put a blanket over it to make it more den-like.

kitty333 West Virginia
06/03/14 10:20 pm

My dog freaks out if he can't find me and he always has to be right next to me. He won't eat unless I am home and in the same room with him.

comppete Las Vegas
06/02/14 10:15 pm

Jabba has chewed one of my Wife's shoes and one of her bras. He has never touched any of my clothing articles. I believe it was more jealousy than separation anxiety.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 6:45 pm

oh good golly, it sounds like our Petey reincarnated to you. goooooood luck with that. Mr.Which has a bitch of a time with Petey before I came into the picture.

Let's see: He nearly scaled an 8ft wood fence to go after a squirrel, pulled a hot

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 6:48 pm

water radiator out of the floor, ate through a bathroom door. somehow managed to open a bungee corded fridge, wedge a pickle jar in the door to keep or open, open said jar and eat the pickles. emptied the fridge so often that it had to be duct taped

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 6:52 pm

or chained and pad-locked - still pulled the fridge out from the wall a good 6". shredded the garbage everytime we left the house, even 5 min. learned how to unlock & open the doorknob of the apt, wandered around the floor barking for Mr. Which, who

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 6:54 pm

was at work. and the winner - got into the top freezer and emptied it of close to 20lbs of meat and a couple pints of Ben and Jerry's. I've never seen a dog with such a stretched stomach - gross!

& he'd always pee in the same spot within 30secs of

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/02/14 7:00 pm

Okay, so maybe he's not crazy.... He's really mild compared to that.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 7:06 pm

ha! he also ran away from doggie vacation bec he missed Mr.Which who was traveling for work at the time and single. his dad has to five all the way to who-knows-where to pick the dog up and kept him until Mr.W got home. so silly!

chickencookie It really is
06/02/14 8:08 pm

ROFL - it must have been "you" Which

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/02/14 8:11 pm

nah, it was all Mr.Wz. he had him before I ever entered the pic.

Liberty 4,032,064
06/02/14 6:08 pm

Hey. I have the same Arnold Friberg painting as in your profile picture!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/02/14 7:02 pm

It's one of my favorite pieces not done by my late Uncle Ronnie (he did the eagle to the right).

OldLady
06/02/14 5:38 pm

Is this something new? Or has always done it? If new, get thyroid checked. If not, contact a good trainer for help with reconditioning. Crates are great to save your things but he with start to self mutilate. Good luck

mikeey1962 on SOH where else
06/02/14 4:43 pm

I had a wolf mix pup that was the same way, had to get rid of her, all the neighbors complained cause she would howl the whole time we were gone!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/02/14 4:30 pm

He typically chews up Daisy's shoes and my shorts/pants. As soon as we start to leave, he's whining and barking. We leave all of his toys with him (including a kong filled with cheese). We can't crate him anymore because he figured out how to open it

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/02/14 4:31 pm

And he's learning to open doors now too. I'm going to put some twisty ties or something on his crate, but as of now, we're locking him in our room with the bathroom and closet doors shut.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
06/02/14 10:00 pm

This user is currently being ignored

MJSeals Legal Eagle soon
06/02/14 4:29 pm

DEREK WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/02/14 4:32 pm

I'm right here boy! It's okay for us to be apart!