goalie31 June 2nd, 2014 4:22pm

I put the answers of my 2 truths and a lie poll (credit to mattwall) in comments... but I don't believe many people checked comments so the answers were I am blind in one eye and I do have 7 siblings. I do not however have season tickets...sadly.

thewheel
06/02/14 3:00 pm

All big hockey families get sick of this question (I've been down this road), but do you all play family hockey?

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/02/14 3:17 pm

pet me specify. me and my brother that s 2 yes younger than me play ice hockey. the rest play street, roller, and dek

thewheel
06/02/14 5:40 pm

Fun. My three older brothers and two younger brothers play ice hockey, my other little bro and I figure skate with hockey earlier in life. The rest didn't/are too young. It pulls the whole family in, most of the time.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/02/14 7:16 pm

no ponds freeze around here so the only place to skate is a rink... which gets expensive....

thewheel
06/03/14 6:22 am

I know... The $20/hour/person thing doesn't help anything. We have a pond by our house, so my partner and I practice there quite a bit, but the boys usually stick to group time only. Good thing is coaching pays well. Have you ever done so?

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/03/14 6:28 am

USA Hockey regs are insane. So I've never been an official coach but I help coach the middle school goalies this season.

thewheel
06/03/14 6:46 am

Really? I've only helped with the little ones (4-6y/o) for hockey, so I never looked at the requirements. USFS only requires around 200 volunteer coaching hours. They have "hockey" badges, but it's nothing like playing the game.

thewheel
06/03/14 6:51 am

I just checked the instructor's book,this is the hardest hockey badge-
1 foot pushes on circle (fw)
Crossover glides (fw), Crossovers (fw)
C-cuts in line (fw)
1 foot glide (bw)
Mohawk, Hockey stop

So… you'd be about as good off as just doing BasicFS

thewheel
06/04/14 4:57 am

Figure skating… but reading my last comment, it isn't making much sense. Anyway, I'm not sure what grade you're in, but do you plan on taking hockey past high school? When I got injured I lost my chance, but not everyone does.

imanag My heaven on Earth
06/02/14 11:39 am

I'm impressed that you play goal with one peeper! That takes se serious focus.

goalie31 OrthodoxCatholicChristian
06/02/14 2:14 pm

indeed. less vision requires a lot more looking back and forth too.