swervin June 2nd, 2014 8:28am

If someone is pet sitting for you while you are gone for an indeterminate amount of time, do you think they should tell you when they have someone else watch the pet while they go on vacation?

singkitty In the cloud
06/03/14 5:04 am

I used to pet sit a lot. People paid me and trusted me to do the job. There's no way I'd not tell them, more importantly I wouldn't take the job if I couldn't do it.

rstuhr western new york
06/03/14 5:04 am

If you are gone for an indeterminate amount of time and there is enough time for them to take a vacation then no you entrusted them to make sure your pet is taken care of they don't need to give up their lives to do so

rstuhr western new york
06/03/14 5:04 am

After all they are treating your pet as you would

BrittneyBunny Maryland
06/03/14 5:58 am

She knew when she took him that we were coming back in December to bring him back to Japan. We didn't just leave him for an "undetermined" amount of time like Swervin stated.

rstuhr western new york
06/03/14 7:34 am

December is six months from now you can expect them to stay at home because you left your pet with them they probably should've given you contact information for who filled in but you should also trust them if you trust them enough with your dog

waterstar
06/03/14 4:29 am

We always leave our pit bull / lab mix with our son who loves him as much as we do. I trust his judgement if he had to get a sitter for him.

BrittneyBunny Maryland
06/03/14 4:34 am

Said sitter is a friend of the friend. None of the family would take him until December so we had to branch out to find someone.

EarlyBird Portland
06/02/14 7:38 am

What this lady has done is unforgivable.

Sorry you guys are going through this. :-(

BrittneyBunny Maryland
06/03/14 4:32 am

We did get a video on his birthday. She's a daycare provider and he was hopping around all the kids during nap time. Haha.

MJSeals Esq.
06/02/14 4:51 am

No, if say get the hell out of my house!

I have no pets!

In your case, however, yes

wlindberg86 congested hell
06/02/14 4:47 am

I went to michigan for thanksgiving. Left my pitbull/boxer mix with my dad. Planned out that I'd be back in 3 days. Next day my cousin calls, he has my dog. I flip. Drive home. Cousins dog gave my dog worms. Made dad pay. No more dog sitting. The end

chickencookie Jihad Joe
06/02/14 4:27 am

She should have and of course it is very normal to feel that way. Is there any way you can gently tell her to you know next time? I always worry about my baby when we are away. You are a goodbbunny daddy.

swervin Maryland
06/02/14 4:36 am

All she had to do was send a Facebook message that said what was going on. And thanks, I miss the little furry guy so much.

BrittneyBunny Maryland
06/02/14 3:07 am

WHO SAID NO AND WHY? >:|

swervin Maryland
06/02/14 1:43 am

Real life situation invoking Sheldon. The woman watching him left him and we still don't know for sure if anyone is even feeding him.

smacc DunningKruger
06/02/14 2:09 am

You must be freaking out. My wife would go ballistic.

BrittneyBunny Maryland
06/02/14 3:06 am

She came home Sunday afternoon!! So 3 days away from him, which he is use to that. But I'm sure the other lady had him. It would have been nice to get a "Hey (name) is watching the bun."

Wa2xpnsv4u Tennessee
06/02/14 5:38 am

I would be LIVID

rstuhr western new york
06/03/14 5:22 am

If you go away for an indeterminate amount of time it is unfair to expect somebody to put their life on hold you should have made stronger plans for when you're going to return to find out if they could take care of the animal for that long